ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Tell me about Tampa Bay? What do you know? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226414)

Bwana 04-13-2010 04:11 PM

I spent 3 weeks in Clear Water, FL across the bay. I really liked the area.

BigRedChief 04-13-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 6671309)
Good deal. Is your job actually in Tampa or is just in the Tampa area? I know that the North Tampa area is growing quite a bit and I have heard that Wesley Chapel is a good place to live which is just a little bit north of tampa.

It's by Port Tampa City.

BigRedChief 04-13-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6671244)
BRC if you have a FB i can put you in touch w/ my mother. Shes about your age and has lived down there for 12 years and her oldman was in the army and has lived in the tampa area for the majority of his life.
She will help you out and is alot more interesting than i am.

thanks, If I decide to accept, I'll defintely take you up on that offer.

DaKCMan AP 04-13-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomoulds (Post 6671286)
Tampa is great, I live in St. Petersburg and couldn't be happier with the area. If you get a chance at a decent paying job in the area then I would jump on it. The traffic isn't too bad and the night life is great. Avoid YBOR city that place has gone downhill. I highly recommend Hyde Park very cool part of town. Channel side is a great place to go out and have a drink. As mentioned before it is centrally located so your close to the whole state. Miami is 3 hours away, Orlando is 1 hour away.

St. Petersburg is very cool town. The big drawback is the amount of homeless that live downtown. I mean they are every where. The art scene is very cool in St. Pete tons of museums. It is a giant melting pot alot of everything lives in St. Pete. If you decide to live in St. Pete check out old northeast. The NY Times wrote an article about it a couple years back.

This is pretty accurate. I live in Clearwater, near the Howard Frankland. I prefer going out in Hyde Park, rarely go to Ybor. The beaches are great!

CosmicPal 04-13-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomoulds (Post 6671286)
Tampa is great, I live in St. Petersburg and couldn't be happier with the area. If you get a chance at a decent paying job in the area then I would jump on it. The traffic isn't too bad and the night life is great. Avoid YBOR city that place has gone downhill. I highly recommend Hyde Park very cool part of town. Channel side is a great place to go out and have a drink. As mentioned before it is centrally located so your close to the whole state. Miami is 3 hours away, Orlando is 1 hour away.

St. Petersburg is very cool town. The big drawback is the amount of homeless that live downtown. I mean they are every where. The art scene is very cool in St. Pete tons of museums. It is a giant melting pot alot of everything lives in St. Pete. If you decide to live in St. Pete check out old northeast. The NY Times wrote an article about it a couple years back.

I concur. :thumb:

Hyde Park is cool.

Not sure I agree about the homeless. I've seen far more homeless folks in Denver than I ever do see here.

MIAdragon 04-13-2010 04:51 PM

http://www.payphone-project.com/payp...venus.sign.jpg

vailpass 04-13-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6671459)
I concur. :thumb:

Hyde Park is cool.

Not sure I agree about the homeless. I've seen far more homeless folks in Denver than I ever do see here.

In the winter?

CosmicPal 04-13-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6671476)
In the winter?

Even in the Winter.

vailpass 04-13-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6671481)
Even in the Winter.

:spock:

BigRedChief 04-13-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6671452)
This is pretty accurate. I live in Clearwater, near the Howard Frankland. I prefer going out in Hyde Park, rarely go to Ybor. The beaches are great!

Of course, How could you live anyplace else but a totally awesome place?

DaKCMan AP 04-13-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6671519)
Of course, How could you live anyplace else but a totally awesome place?

Very true.

CosmicPal 04-13-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6671483)
:spock:

Don't get me wrong vp, I love Colorado, and Denver's a great town. But, there were a lot of homeless peeps in the city of Denver. I couldn't go to and from a single establishment without having some strange, decrepit dude ask me for money.

BigMeatballDave 04-13-2010 05:08 PM

WTF? Everyone seems to wanna go to Florida...Don't mind me, I'm bitter...

teedubya 04-13-2010 05:09 PM

Tampa used to have phenomenal titty bars... I think they passed an ordinance prohibiting naked lap dances, now, though. DRATS!!

Rain Man 04-13-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 6671524)
Don't get me wrong vp, I love Colorado, and Denver's a great town. But, there were a lot of homeless peeps in the city of Denver. I couldn't go to and from a single establishment without having some strange, decrepit dude ask me for money.

And you never ever gave me any.