ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Arkansas Prank Went Wrong (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281544)

Cannibal 02-18-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10439950)
I'd laugh my ass off if this was your daughter and he got probation. LMAO

Better yet if he got off scott free.

J Diddy 02-18-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10439929)
Texas Law

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Rest of the civilized world code 101:

Using Texas law exclusively as justification for your actions is an admission of guilt.

Just Passin' By 02-19-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10439860)
Lol, everyone in this thread who is biased against calling the cops is going to have a 'story' where they called the cops and nothing happened or were 3 hours late or some shit, even though it's just a story of theirs and could be completely fictitious and in no way can be verified to what they are saying is accurate. We just have to take their word.

I've called the police once in my life and they were there in a few minutes if I remember correctly, so who knows.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/c...nt/cv08107.pdf

J Diddy 02-19-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10440745)

So what are you trying to prove with your 3 year old report based on 6 year old data? Data which really has no bearing.

Just Passin' By 02-19-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10440747)
So what are you trying to prove with your 3 year old report based on 6 year old data? Data which really has no bearing.

It's a simple post about police response times that highlights the significant difference in time for when it's a crime of violence against a person and when it's a property crime, and you can be sure that they haven't fluctuated by 90% in either direction in the past 6 years. Is your problem that you expected it to be dated today because you live in a fantasy world, or are you just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole?

J Diddy 02-19-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10440750)
It's a simple post about police response times that highlights the significant difference in time for when it's a crime of violence against a person and when it's a property crime, and you can be sure that they haven't fluctuated by 90% in either direction in the past 6 years. Is your problem that you expected it to be dated today because you live in a fantasy world, or are you just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole?

Nah, I was just wondering what data, which is dated significantly and an average across the US, has to do with the response in a particular region. You are aware that police stations are run locally, right?

|Zach| 02-19-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10438963)
This girl may not have had a gun but that is generally not the case when dealing with a group of teens.

What?

|Zach| 02-19-2014 06:34 AM

The world is too PC let kids be kids...

To....

Those other kids will prob think twice before...well...being kids.

Jimmya 02-19-2014 06:36 AM

I don't ever remember destroying property as a kid. Wow!

Just Passin' By 02-19-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10440751)
Nah, I was just wondering what data, which is dated significantly and an average across the US, has to do with the response in a particular region. You are aware that police stations are run locally, right?

Yes. You're aware that when people from all over the country are discussing police response times and not mentioning a department by name, they're likely speaking of generalities and not of a specific force, right?

Rain Man 02-19-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10440026)
Moral of the story: don't **** with someone unless you are absolutely sure they aren't a complete maniac, strangers included.

And I hope everyone remembers that the next time they post an "In b4 poll" message in my movie scene threads.