ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News My biological dad died (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209145)

whoaskew 06-16-2009 10:01 PM

My biological dad died

I received a call today telling me that my dad died at home.

I drove to his house and was told that it appeared to be a stroke. He was 52 years old.

They still consider the death suspicious, so they will contact me tomorrow after the autopsy is completed.

I am his only child.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/19772144/index.html

stumppy 06-16-2009 10:04 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

pr_capone 06-16-2009 10:08 PM

Did the news get his age wrong? They said 57.

Sorry for your loss. :(

HemiEd 06-16-2009 10:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, tuff times. Hang in there, all the best.

Rain Man 06-16-2009 10:12 PM

Sorry to hear.

I'm not meaning to be insensitive, but what appears to be suspicious? Do you know?

wild1 06-16-2009 10:17 PM

my condolences

whoaskew 06-16-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5844457)
Did the news get his age wrong? They said 57.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Yes, the news got a few details wrong. He was 52.

The video link was apparently created earlier in the afternoon.

What they have shown tonight on TV channel 5 is totally different, it gives many more details, and the reporter asked me a few questions on camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5844464)
Sorry to hear.

I'm not meaning to be insensitive, but what appears to be suspicious? Do you know?

I don't know much, but what they told me was the biggest red flags are that:

1. My uncle filed a missing persons report on my dad a week and a half ago.
2. Since then, the detectives have noticed my uncles car at my dad's house a few different times in different parking spots.
3. My uncle has always had keys to my dads house, and he is the one who found my dad dead today and called it in.
4. My grandmother died last year, which could be a potential dispute over inheritances

I was told that everything appeared like my dad had a stroke, but the autopsy will tell us for sure. The news reporter Jeanine, told me that the investigators error on the side of caution, because if they don't, the scene will become contaminated, which means they can't come back for evidence if the autopsy later shows that foul play is involved.

Buehler445 06-16-2009 10:35 PM

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully there is no foul play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Farzin 06-16-2009 10:56 PM

Sorry for your loss man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoaskew (Post 5844470)
Yes, the news got a few details wrong. He was 52.

The video link was apparently created earlier in the afternoon.

What they have shown tonight on TV channel 5 is totally different, it gives many more details, and the reporter asked me a few questions on camera.

I honestly hate when the media tries to report a death on a person (they have correct details on Bob Frederick) but back when my friend committed suicide in November, every news station reported the wrong info. Although it does need to be shared, sometimes I wish they wouldn't..

Keep you head high.

Phobia 06-16-2009 11:00 PM

Bummer dude.

Bugeater 06-16-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoaskew (Post 5844470)
I don't know much, but what they told me was the biggest red flags are that:

1. My uncle filed a missing persons report on my dad a week and a half ago.
2. Since then, the detectives have noticed my uncles car at my dad's house a few different times in different parking spots.
3. My uncle has always had keys to my dads house, and he is the one who found my dad dead today and called it in.
4. My grandmother died last year, which could be a potential dispute over inheritances

I was told that everything appeared like my dad had a stroke, but the autopsy will tell us for sure. The news reporter Jeanine, told me that the investigators error on the side of caution, because if they don't, the scene will become contaminated, which means they can't come back for evidence if the autopsy later shows that foul play is involved.

Wow, I hope that's not true. Sorry for your loss man.

Inspector 06-17-2009 03:56 AM

My condolences. He was way too young.

PhillyChiefFan 06-17-2009 05:12 AM

Sorry for your loss, 52 is way too young.

Prayers to you and yours.

bevischief 06-17-2009 05:20 AM

Sorry to hear.

Bwana 06-17-2009 08:00 AM

Sorry to hear that.