ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone else concerned? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137203)

kczoo 03-12-2006 07:16 PM

Anyone else concerned?

That basically, come River Falls, we are going to be the same exact team as 2005 without a few guys? Im worried, we are another year older

Dunit35 03-12-2006 07:20 PM

We have Casey Printers and some new draft picks and probably a couple of cheap FA's with a couple of our own resigned.

I am not concerned at all.

JBucc 03-12-2006 07:20 PM

I am not concerned with the Chiefs at the moment

|Zach| 03-12-2006 07:21 PM

I don't think being the team from last year is that bad of thing. This team was rolling at the end of the year. We had some injury misfortune and dropped the ball trying to figure out what the hell our offensive identity was without Roaf or Holmes. This team has bouts of inconsistancy but I think they can do good things...

Dunit35 03-12-2006 07:22 PM

The defense has another offseason to gell.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-12-2006 07:22 PM

All is safe in the arms of Rich Scanlon.

morphius 03-12-2006 07:28 PM

There are some valid worries out there, we need some CB's and some serious DL help. Offense isn't much of a worry, but we do need to pick up a OT for some depth.

There is still going to be some FA's available to help us in some of these area, it just won't be the huge money guys. Sometimes that works out for the best though. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

milkman 03-12-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35

Yeah, that's the answer.

Mr. Laz 03-12-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Yeah, that's the answer.

ROFL
ROFL

Hammock Parties 03-12-2006 07:44 PM

I think our team is overgelled!

old_geezer 03-12-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35

And another season to smell (like dead fish)

unlurking 03-12-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
There are some valid worries out there, we need some CB's and some serious DL help. Offense isn't much of a worry, but we do need to pick up a OT for some depth.

There is still going to be some FA's available to help us in some of these area, it just won't be the huge money guys. Sometimes that works out for the best though. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

DT/DE and CB I'd like to pick up via FA (or see how Battle/Sapp do), but I do agree we need some depth at OL. Unfortunately, that depth had better be prepared to be starters next year. To me, that means draft, as anyone who signs as FA depth will not likely be a starter the next year. How is the depth at OL in the draft this year?

As I see it, I think our best bet is DT and CB out of FA (too much to hope for a DE as well I think), and OL early in the draft.

morphius 03-12-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
DT/DE and CB I'd like to pick up via FA (or see how Battle/Sapp do), but I do agree we need some depth at OL. Unfortunately, that depth had better be prepared to be starters next year. To me, that means draft, as anyone who signs as FA depth will not likely be a starter the next year. How is the depth at OL in the draft this year?

As I see it, I think our best bet is DT and CB out of FA (too much to hope for a DE as well I think), and OL early in the draft.

I think there are three OT's tagged for first round picks this year I believe. I don't watch enough college ball to really know. I'm comfortable with the rest of the OL depth, its just that damn left tackle.

milkman 03-12-2006 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking

From what I've read, the draft is pretty deep along the O-Line.

unlurking 03-12-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
From what I've read, the draft is pretty deep along the O-Line.

Good, as I don't see us being able to get 3 starters out of FA, and OL is the one spot we are set (barring injury / crossing finger).