ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official USA vs Belgium World Cup Game Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284720)

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:21 AM

*** Official USA vs Belgium World Cup Game Thread ***

USA vs Belgium | 3PM CT | ESPN | Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador, Brazil

Knock out stage. Trying to make the jump from the 16 teams to 8 teams where the winner of this game will play the winner of Argentina vs Switzerland.

No ties...someone has to advance. Detailed preview here via Shinguardian.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QC9FwLgDwwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RockChalk 07-01-2014 07:36 AM

Closing my office at 2:30 and taking the guys somewhere to watch it.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10725273)
Closing my office at 2:30 and taking the guys somewhere to watch it.

Nice, are you in Lawrence? Red Lyon is a good spot.

WilliamTheIrish 07-01-2014 07:38 AM

Another 0-0 tie?
Flopping?
Paint drying
bitchez crying

Just thought I'd get those out of the way...

RockChalk 07-01-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725277)
Nice, are you in Lawrence? Red Lyon is a good spot.

I lived at Red Lyon until about 9 months ago.

I could get in since I am friends with everyone who works there, but I can't close down til 2:30 and I'm not going to crash their party that late. It will probably be packed by 1 or so.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10725280)
Another 0-0 tie?
Flopping?
Paint drying
bitchez crying

Just thought I'd get those out of the way...

Ya, it is sort of funny.

There has been plenty of soccer hate but not quite as much as I would have figured. Especially since here...at ChiefsPlanet this is the kind of place that would be ground zero for anti soccer type stuff except for...I dunno...Free Republic.

I have been pretty amazed at how much people have been tuned in. I thought it would be good times for the sport but not this good.

WilliamTheIrish 07-01-2014 07:40 AM

PK'S.
offsides
'Mericuns like me (obese overweight never played/watched) won't love the game because we dont understand stoppage/injury time.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10725283)
I lived at Red Lyon until about 9 months ago.

I could get in since I am friends with everyone who works there, but I can't close down til 2:30 and I'm not going to crash their party that late. It will probably be packed by 1 or so.

Interesting. I am good friends with Joey Nasternak. I still haven't made it over there though I really need to...they show all the Sporting games as well.

WilliamTheIrish 07-01-2014 07:41 AM

OK, I'm ready.

RockChalk 07-01-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725290)
Interesting. I am good friends with Joey Nasternak. I still haven't made it over there though I really need to...they show all the Sporting games as well.

Hilarious. Funny that I've never met you then, as I usually go to a few SKC games with him each season. I actually picked up one of those souvenir rings for him at the game a few weeks back. He's good people.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10725296)
Hilarious. Funny that I've never met you then, as I usually go to a few SKC games with him each season. I actually picked up one of those souvenir rings for him at the game a few weeks back. He's good people.

Nice!

RockChalk 07-01-2014 07:46 AM

Are you watching at P&L today?

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10725303)
Are you watching at P&L today?

I have watched every game at Johnny's Tavern but can't make it happen today because I need to jet and do some things right after the game. I will be going crazy watching the game at home. Sort of bummed not watching it with everyone but will be nice to relax and have some space. Ha.

Reerun_KC 07-01-2014 07:52 AM

Have become completely addicted to the World Cup this year. Still struggling to understand some of the rules.

Been listening on TuneItIn or watching most of the games for the last few weeks... This is insane, never seen anything like it... The excitement and support is off the charts...

Sucks I have to wait another 4 years for this.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10725311)
Have become completely addicted to the World Cup this year. Still struggling to understand some of the rules.

Been listening on TuneItIn or watching most of the games for the last few weeks... This is insane, never seen anything like it... The excitement and support is off the charts...

Sucks I have to wait another 4 years for this.

Is what is or isnt a foul confusing or offside more so?

It is sort of funny on one hand its an incredible simple game but when you dive in it all feels complicated.