ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939758)
Innate ability or someone to throw to? Plummer was much better throwing on the run when he had talented WR's in Denver. Montana had much more success sliding in the pocket and completing passes to Rice, Taylor and Jones than Lake Dawson and Keith Cash.

No no no...that's complete garbage.

Plummer threw well on the run in Arizona. Montana threw well on the run in Kansas City.

Green sucked balls, even WITH Tony Gonzalez. His balls took nosedives half the time when he tried to throw on the run.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the receiver. Nothing at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:30 AM

See here's the thing; I don't give a **** if he out-runs LJ for total ground yards, I want to see him out-scramble pressuring defenders, avoid 40+sacks, and complete passes on the run.

If he does that consistently and brings the team to an NFL Championship; Len Dawson has an equal.

Mecca 08-01-2009 03:37 AM

I would seriously hope Cassel moves and throws better on the run than Green. Green had a surgically reconstructed knee and didn't like to move. If guys even got around him it ****ed with him.

So throwing that out there isn't some huge shining compliment.

Cassel's issues are as follows, bad deep ball, inconsistent accuracy to the middle of the field, holds the ball to long and shockingly wide splits in stats from shotgun to under center.

Those are his major issues that he needs to work on.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939760)
See here's the thing; I don't give a **** if he out-runs LJ for total ground yards, I want to see him out-scramble pressuring defenders, avoid 40+sacks, and complete passes on the run.

Uh, he does all of that. I think that's already been explained.

You sound like someone who hasn't watched Cassel play ONE game.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:41 AM

If only Cassel could run.

http://i27.tinypic.com/mbgv46.gif

Mojo Rising 08-01-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939759)
No no no...that's complete garbage.

Plummer threw well on the run in Arizona. Montana threw well on the run in Kansas City.

Green sucked balls, even WITH Tony Gonzalez. His balls took nosedives half the time when he tried to throw on the run.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the receiver. Nothing at all.

Plummer and Montana might have thrown well on the run with both teams. Their ability didn't change with their uniforms.

However, their circumstances did. With the Cards and Chiefs Plummer and Montana had less time before they had to run, less time to run and less options when they did.

With nothing more than 15 games of experience, (College and Pros), let us see how he performs driving a Yugo vs. a Ferrarri.

Keep in mind that the last year Offense he lead (?) broke the record the prior year in too many categories for me to look up now. The Offense he is stepping into was .... well... offensive.

He needs someone to throw to, someone to block for him and someone to divert the attention on the pass game. He has none. He doesn't even have a RB that can protect the QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939763)
Uh, he does all of that. I think that's already been explained.

You sound like someone who hasn't watched Cassel play ONE game.

:spock:

Uh, if he does that; why was he on his ass looking at the stars 40 ****ing times in 2008?
And I have watched the mother****er play, so kiss my ass. And the next time you service him, tell him to work on tightening up that spiral too please.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939764)
If only Cassel could run.

http://i27.tinypic.com/mbgv46.gif

If only Cassel could shuck one "blow-by" defender in the backfield!

You're really not getting this, are you?

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939765)
Plummer and Montana might have thrown well on the run with both teams. Their ability didn't change with their uniforms.

Neither will Cassel's. You don't seem to get it. He throws well on the run. When he's running, the ball comes out with velocity and accuracy. He could be throwing to a cheerleader. It would be irrelevant. He would hit the bitch in stride.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939768)
If only Cassel could shuck one "blow-by" defender in the backfield!

You're really not getting this, are you?

Do you see Dwight Freeney gaining on him?

The mother****er doesn't trot.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939766)
Uh, if he does that; why was he on his ass looking at the stars 40 ****ing times in 2008?

That has already been explained. The Patriots had major protection issues early in the season.

You really don't get it. And he throws a tight ****ing spiral. Jesus CHRIST, you HAVEN'T watched him play.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939771)
Do you see Dwight Freeney gaining on him?

The mother****er doesn't trot.

Yes, I saw him capitalize and make hay, but you're not understanding what I'm trying to tell you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939772)
That has already been explained. The Patriots had major protection issues early in the season.

You really don't get it. And he throws a tight ****ing spiral. Jesus CHRIST, you HAVEN'T watched him play.

You are full of shit.ROFL

Titty Meat 08-01-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939762)
I would seriously hope Cassel moves and throws better on the run than Green. Green had a surgically reconstructed knee and didn't like to move. If guys even got around him it ****ed with him.

So throwing that out there isn't some huge shining compliment.

Cassel's issues are as follows, bad deep ball, inconsistent accuracy to the middle of the field, holds the ball to long and shockingly wide splits in stats from shotgun to under center.

Those are his major issues that he needs to work on.

Really? I saw him throw a pass vs the Colts on the money to Gaffney for a touchdown and he dropped it.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939773)
Yes, I saw him capitalize and make hay, but you're not understanding what I'm trying to tell you.

No, I understand completely.

What YOU don't get is that Cassel is a hell of a lot better than you're willing to give him credit for.