ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

Messier 04-15-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9587579)
:facepalm:

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

Wasted? I'll bet Alex Smith has more impact, in a good way, than whoever gets taken at that spot. And definitely any QB available there.

Messier 04-15-2013 08:01 AM

Besides, it doesn't sound like there will be any takers for Albert.

WV 04-15-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

They are determined to replace him with someone who is not any better than him if it means recouping the pick they blew on Alex Smith.

Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

Messier 04-15-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9587638)
Exactly...They were so eager to create a market and over pay for Alex Smith, but now they certainly seem to be having some sort of buyers remorse or lack of confidence in their paying price.

I think it's more to do with what they think Albert is worth. The fact they gave up a second for Smith, and are asking for a second for Albert have nothing to do with each other. I think they'd ask for a second for Albert even if they got Smith for a fourth.

TRR 04-15-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9587581)
Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 04-15-2013 08:21 AM

SI's Peter King "hears" the Chiefs are willing to accept a "high second-round pick" for disgruntled LT Branden Albert.
The Chiefs had been seeking both a second-rounder and a late-round selection, but no one's bitten. Albert is a prime candidate to be traded before or during the draft, but a deal may not end up going down until the festivities in New York are over, and teams have a clearer idea of their needs. Albert hasn't been directly connected to any one team since going on the block.

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9587650)
Completely agree with this. Truth? We don't know. Albert is a serviceable if not good Left Tackle. He isn't upper echelon in my opinion. We know what Albert is and isn't. Sometimes that is more comfortable. However, it doesn't make it right.

FWIW, the last thing I want is a Left Tackle at #1. However, we can't pretend to know what these draftees will become.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not about whos better or worse. Its about how much money the Chiefs are willing to commit to the LT position.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9587581)
Why are we so sure fisher or joeckel won't be better? Maybe yet don't like Albert at lt in a pass happy offense.

Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

Ace Gunner 04-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

vaginal discharge reported

TRR 04-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9587659)
Why are we so sure Fisher or Joeckel won't be worse?

There's a VERY good possibility that they will never play to the ability of Branden Albert. Albert's very good.

...And the same possibility exists that Joeckel or Fisher become All-Pro.

Look I'm not saying they will. I'm just not as quick to dismiss the fact that it's absolutely possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 04-15-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9587592)
It appears its more about getting a LT for cheaper. It doesnt appear the Chiefs or anyone else wants to pay Albert 9 mil per.

Has Albert been given permission to negotiate with other teams? Nobody is giving up a 2nd round pick and 9 mil for a 1 year contract.

MahiMike 04-15-2013 08:36 AM

I think Albert will get traded during the draft. Some OL-needy team that missed out on the big 3 will pull the trigger.

Chiefnj2 04-15-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9587673)
I think Albert will get traded during the draft. Some OL-needy team that missed out on the big 3 will pull the trigger.

How? Wouldn't he have to renegotiate a long term deal first? You think a team would risk giving up a draft pick and signing him when there is only his franchise tender in place?

philfree 04-15-2013 08:42 AM

I put Albert with all the other players that have been on this team over the last 5-6 years. He's a decent LT but he's not great and he's been part of the
perennial losing. He's done nothing to make himself un-expendable and as far as I know maybe there's something about him that doesn't elevate anyone around him. Maybe he's just a donkey.

Dante84 04-15-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9587683)
How? Wouldn't he have to renegotiate a long term deal first? You think a team would risk giving up a draft pick and signing him when there is only his franchise tender in place?

There will be agreed upon hypotheticals going in to the draft.

"Hey, KC, if this happens, here's what we are prepared to offer. Expect a call if we miss out on our guys."