ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Steven Spielberg to Produce Live-Action HALO TV Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273253)

Tribal Warfare 05-21-2013 10:22 PM

Steven Spielberg to Produce Live-Action HALO TV Series

Steven Spielberg to Produce Live-Action HALO TV Series

Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One today, and embedded in its bounty of announcements relating to the new console was the exciting news that Steven Spielberg is developing and will produce a live-action TV series based on the popular Halo franchise. Microsoft has been trying to get a big screen iteration of Halo off the ground for years, with Peter Jackson previously producing the feature film effort that Neill Blomkamp was poised to direct. Things went sour when Blomkamp’s vision for the film didn’t jibe with Microsoft’s strict rules regarding how the franchise was to be handled, but it worked out alright with Blomkamp instead making his directorial debut with the stellar 2009 sci-fi pic District 9.

Now it appears that Microsoft will go it alone with regards to a narrative Halo effort, and they’ve got Steven Spielberg on their side. Hit the jump for more.

This isn’t the first time that Spielberg’s name has been connected to the Halo property. Rumors swirled back in 2011 that Spielberg would be producing the Halo movie at DreamWorks, but obviously that never came to pass. It would appear that Spielberg and Microsoft have found a different avenue in which to explore a Halo adaptation, and 343 Industries is onboard to develop. Here’s what Spielberg had to say about the TV show in a pre-recorded statement:

Quote:

Steven Spielberg:“The Halo universe is an amazing opportunity to be at that intersection where technology and myth-making meet to produce something truly groundbreaking.”
Spielberg will act as executive producer of the series, but not much else is known at this point. The filmmaker lends his name to a number of properties in executive producer capacity with varying degrees of involvement, so while he’ll certainly have creative input, I wouldn’t expect Spielberg to be intimately working on the Halo series.

listopencil 05-21-2013 11:20 PM

Why?

keg in kc 05-21-2013 11:22 PM

I'm guessing it's so Microsoft will have some exclusive programming on their soon-to-be-announced streaming video service for xbox 1.

007 05-22-2013 01:01 AM

probably $5 per episode too. On top of your Live membership.

silver5liter 05-22-2013 01:06 AM

Im pretty interested in it. Forward Unto Dawn was actually a pretty decent movie.

007 05-22-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9699479)
Im pretty interested in it. Forward Unto Dawn was actually a pretty decent movie.

My son was telling me the same tonight. I might check it out.

silver5liter 05-22-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9699481)
My son was telling me the same tonight. I might check it out.

You can tell it was a cheap budget movie but it was pretty entertaining and actually had decent effects for what it is. Its on Netflix instant watch right now.

SnakeXJones 05-22-2013 03:43 AM

Halo isn't nothing special

Dayze 05-22-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9699478)
probably $5 per episode too. On top of your Live membership.

LMAO
No shit right there.

007 05-22-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9699554)
LMAO
No shit right there.

Wait sorry. I meant 400 points per episode. Stupid currency conversions.

Setsuna 05-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9699557)
Wait sorry. I meant 400 points per episode. Stupid currency conversions.

ROFLROFL Well done and true.

DaneMcCloud 05-22-2013 02:31 PM

Spielberg's track record with network television is awful. I wouldn't expect much.

morphius 05-23-2013 08:57 AM

Probably won't be as funny as red vs blue.

ChiefsFanatic 05-25-2013 01:48 PM

If they would have made a pretty decent to good movie two or three years ago, I really believe that Halo could have turned into this generations Star Wars and Star Trek. The launch of the Halo 3 game set records (maybe Halo 2 but I remember it as Halo 3) and I think the movie would have been at least as successful profit-wise as the Max Payne movie, or the Silent Hill or Resident Evil franchises.

If the movie would have been great, then making sequels would have been printing money. The video games that had movies made didn't deserve it more than Halo. JMHO