ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the Chiefs are affecting my attitude (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264741)

RunKC 10-07-2012 12:21 AM

I think the Chiefs are affecting my attitude

Someone told me this today and I really thought about it for awhile. It genuinely pisses me off when we lose. It makes me even more pissed off when we get embarrassed at home.

Well, I guess my attitude in life is becoming the same as the attitude I have for the Chiefs. The "what's the point of trying (to cheer for the team)" attitude. Has this happened to any of you?

Bewbies 10-07-2012 12:28 AM

Ive gone from pissed to enjoying watching us get our shit pushed in. The more it happens, the deeper into our intestines it pushes the faster we can fix the mess and be good again...

Bowser 10-07-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 8984393)
Someone told me this today and I really thought about it for awhile. It genuinely pisses me off when we lose. It makes me even more pissed off when we get embarrassed at home.

Well, I guess my attitude in life is becoming the same as the attitude I have for the Chiefs. The "what's the point of trying (to cheer for the team)" attitude. Has this happened to any of you?

I used to be that guy. If we lost, I was grumpy for a few days. If we got embarassed, my entire week was ruined.

You just need to let it all go. If they win, great. If they look like a bunch of knobs out there on the way to getting crushed, fine. It just doesn't matter as it relates to your life. Get to that point, and you'll be in a much better place. Trust me, I know.

Besides, when was the last time the Chiefs truly gave a shit about you when you had a really ****ing awful day?

|Zach| 10-07-2012 12:47 AM

Any semblance of that for me died during the Herm years. Just watch the game with no expectations...enjoy it with friends or family...or get some good food. Don't let it get to you.

FAX 10-07-2012 01:13 AM

I completely understand how you feel, Mr. RunKC.

It's as though factors completely beyond your control are influencing your emotions and, by extension, your life. I think after you've been a fan of a hedgehog crap team like the Chiefs for awhile, though, you begin to slowly sink deeper and deeper into a kind of psychological malaise. The tribal aspect of fandom sometimes causes fans to project their personalities onto their favorite team. Then, when that team is a perennial loser, some fans begin to view themselves as losers, too.

To deal with this problem, I recommend hypnosis. It works great. Through professional hypnosis, you can not only separate your true, real life existence from your team affiliation, you can also quit smoking, drinking, stuttering, farting in excess, and when you hear the secret, trigger word you can dance like a chicken on a hot plate without even realizing you did it. It's very liberating.

FAX

Dayze 10-07-2012 01:14 AM

Used to live and die with them on Sundays. Now I just expect them find ways to lose a game. So if they win, bonus for me. If they lose then oh we'll.
I get more geekier up for NCAA all days Saturdays anyway. Aside from the Chiefs I've probably only watched 3-4 Nfl games.

WVU vs Texas on Sat is why I like NCAA far more than NFL.

Simply Red 10-07-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8984414)
Any semblance of that for me died during the Herm years. Just watch the game with no expectations...enjoy it with friends or family...or get some good food. Don't let it get to you.

That's about right & it gets easier every week.

bevischief 10-07-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8984434)
Used to live and die with them on Sundays. Now I just expect them find ways to lose a game. So if they win, bonus for me. If they lose then oh we'll.
I get more geekier up for NCAA all days Saturdays anyway. Aside from the Chiefs I've probably only watched 3-4 Nfl games.

This as well. Go NDSU. Go Bison's!!!!!!!

58-4ever 10-07-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8984434)

I love CFB, but that statement is ridiculous. Missed tackles and lack of fundamentals are ruining the game.

Bugeater 10-07-2012 08:33 AM

Hmmm...I used to let the performance of my favorite football team affect my personal life...and then I got a life.

FlaChief58 10-07-2012 08:51 AM

I went from anger to sadness to apathy. Now I find myself laughing at the ineptness of this team. I still watch the games but losing just does'nt bother me anymore (thanks a ****ing lot Scott you one who sucks the penis!)

rico 10-07-2012 08:57 AM

I can't bring myself to watch a WV game. I know I will be setting my self up for heartbreak if we don't draft Geno Smith.....I guess that's one way the Chiefs have affected my attitude/approach. Watched a lot of Luck last year prior to the Colts vs. Chiefs game..... ugh.

Mr. Arrowhead 10-07-2012 08:57 AM

I use to be that guy in the mid 90s, but ever since the Herm era, I just SMH

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 08:57 AM

Used to be that way. Charger game actually caused a fit of laughter after all the turnovers. Not much you can really do but chuckle at that point.

RJ 10-07-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8984432)
I completely understand how you feel, Mr. RunKC.

It's as though factors completely beyond your control are influencing your emotions and, by extension, your life. I think after you've been a fan of a hedgehog crap team like the Chiefs for awhile, though, you begin to slowly sink deeper and deeper into a kind of psychological malaise. The tribal aspect of fandom sometimes causes fans to project their personalities onto their favorite team. Then, when that team is a perennial loser, some fans begin to view themselves as losers, too.

To deal with this problem, I recommend hypnosis. It works great. Through professional hypnosis, you can not only separate your true, real life existence from your team affiliation, you can also quit smoking, drinking, stuttering, farting in excess, and when you hear the secret, trigger word you can dance like a chicken on a hot plate without even realizing you did it. It's very liberating.

FAX

Or he could buy himself a new Cassell jersey. New clothes can really lift one's spirits.