ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are we done? Have we thrown in the towel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99186)

Red Dawg 09-20-2004 02:03 PM

Are we done? Have we thrown in the towel?

I will not just, GIVE UP this quick. We can still win the division. I would say it's not likely based on our injury situation but I will not just lay down and not care already. We are one game behind and the
rest of our division plays our tough schedule too, so we are not done for the season. I'm as pissed as everyone else but I can't quit yet. If we lose to the Texans, then I'll quit. We are living week to week.
We need victories through October for me to be happy. We need 6-2 or at the very least 5-3 to have a playoff shot the second half of the season. We must win the next 3 or forget it.

KCWolfman 09-20-2004 02:13 PM

I think we have dug a deep hole, especially losing at home. The odds are far and away against us. I don't expect much this season, but oddly enough I will still enjoy the games without the extra pressure. Hell, I survived the 80s with this team.

I hope someone can copy and paste the above and make me eat my words come December.

R&GHomer 09-20-2004 02:37 PM

I’m not giving up yet, but I sure wish someone could tell me how in hell the Chiefs are going to fix it.

DAMIT CARL!! :cuss:

wazu 09-20-2004 02:42 PM

I'm still clinging to the hope that Green is just off to another slow start. If he gets his act together, and the coaching staff swears to never again make a gameplan that isn't centered around Priest, we can turn it around.

JimNasium 09-20-2004 02:46 PM

I don't think we have any impact on this team. I don't think they have given up. You have to start to be able to quit.

tonyetony 09-20-2004 02:53 PM

Maybe just maybe we will be peaking when the playoffs start. It's not how ya start it's how ya finish. Maybe this IS the year. With a little luck a 9-7 finish could prove to be better than 9-0 start if we are peaking at week16 and steal the west. What do ya think? To optimistic or just good crack.

Coogs 09-20-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I think we have dug a deep hole, especially losing at home. The odds are far and away against us. I don't expect much this season, but oddly enough I will still enjoy the games without the extra pressure. Hell, I survived the 80s with this team.

:thumb: Been on board since the late 60's. Watched or listened to every possible game I could since then, pre-season included. No matter what happens.... and I don't think it is going to be good right now (Take the Baltimore game for instance. I don't see how we can score on them the way our offense is playing, and J Lewis is going to have a field day unless something drastic happens between now and then to fix our run defense).... I'll still watch and enjoy the games as best as I can.

Coogs 09-20-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony
Maybe just maybe we will be peaking when the playoffs start. It's not how ya start it's how ya finish. Maybe this IS the year. With a little luck a 9-7 finish could prove to be better than 9-0 start if we are peaking at week16 and steal the west. What do ya think? To optimistic or just good crack.

I hoping for the same scenario, but I have a feeling we may have shot the whole load in a pre-season game vs the Rams.

Logical 09-20-2004 03:06 PM

If we are being lied to and Priest was actually hurt yesterday this season is over and done. If not there is still some hope.

Skip Towne 09-20-2004 03:37 PM

I think I'll go over to the Texans Board and talk some smack. I'll register as Endelt260.

Ugly Duck 09-20-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy T
We can still win the division. If we lose to the Texans, then I'll quit.

Hey 13% of teams that start out 0-2 still make the playoffs. I dunno wut the stat is for 0-3 teams... but even that would just put you behind the AFCW leader by 2 games at the most.

KCN 09-20-2004 03:45 PM

If we lose against the Texans at home then I'm giving up on the season (note that is not read giving up on the team). I'll still be at the Fox and Hound every Sunday cheering them on. I will already enjoy the lack of tension compared to last season when I was on edge every game afraid of ruining our perfect record and our super bowl chances. Maybe it is a blessing for my health to lower my expectations this early. There were some games last year where I had to about check myself in for a heart attack.

Chief Roundup 09-20-2004 03:48 PM

It appeared to me that the team had given up Sunday. And that is what matters. No offense.. But if the players, and coaches give up which is what happened yesterday then it doesn't matter whether the fans give up or not.

MOhillbilly 09-20-2004 03:52 PM

Follow the path that leads to the darkside,give into your feelings of hate & rage.
JOIN US!!!!!

Bearcat 09-20-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
Hey 13% of teams that start out 0-2 still make the playoffs. I dunno wut the stat is for 0-3 teams... but even that would just put you behind the AFCW leader by 2 games at the most.

As much as I hate trying to base our future on past stats, but I had to look it up....

Tampa
SF
Arizona
Buffalo
Miami
Houston
Kansas City

1 of the 7 is 14% ....in that case, I like our chances ;)