ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hate to see Lockett go. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=16221)

BIG_DADDY 04-06-2001 09:40 AM

I know it is probably to our advantage to negotiate many of these deals as late as possible but I think this will also end up costing us a few players. Lockett I think is one of those players. I really liked this kid as he always had a great attitude and gave 100% all the time. Every time I saw Lockett he was smiling and loved playing the game. He will be missed.

Phobia 04-06-2001 09:43 AM

I agree. While Locket's production was never huge, you knew you could count on him to hold onto the ball and pop up from being the tackle-ee with a big grin on his face. Love the attitude. I hope we can retain him but it's not looking good right now.

ExtremeChief 04-06-2001 09:45 AM

I agree, but I'm happy for him...maybe he will get a chance to flourish in Wash ala Joe Horn. Who do you guys think we'll add for a #3WR??? I would like to see what Ricks can do, but I don't know if he has the speed...

Good luck Kevin...

Iowanian 04-06-2001 10:07 AM

I'd like to see Locket back...a very reliable 3rd. Can't say that I blame him for wanting to start though.

I believe the Chiefs will take a Speed Receiver in the 4th, and a QB project and DL in the 3rd...

I'd be happy grandpa from FL State(if he is there) Palmer or Tuiosopo in the 3rd...McMahon in the 4th.

BIG_DADDY 04-06-2001 10:23 AM

Phobia,

He signed with the Redskins yesterday. 2 year contract.

Phobia 04-06-2001 10:27 AM

CHIT!!! That really sucks. I guess none of the mainstream sites thought enough of the signing to put it on their front page. I hope Marty broke the bank for him but I doubt he did. Lockett wanted to start so bad, he'd play for minimum.

Time to stop admiring him and move on, I guess.

I did like his style of play though.

58Forever 04-06-2001 11:47 AM

I hate to see him go too but you can't blame the guy for wanting to start...just glad he's going to a non-division team...

shakesthecat 04-06-2001 01:00 PM

I'm kind of disappointed to see Lockett go. We need to find another "hands" reciever.
But I'm thrilled we didn't sign Kennison to replace him.

Mi_chief_fan 04-06-2001 01:12 PM

I'm not as sad to see Lockett leave as I was Joe Horn.

shakesthecat 04-06-2001 01:22 PM

Fortunately, slow guys with great hands and fast guys with average hands SHOULD be easy to replace.
I'm still hoping we'll sign Dedric Ward, and then draft Kevin Kasper in the later rounds. Problem solved.

PS-It's just a coinsidense that Kasper went to Iowa, and Ward, Northern Iowa. Really.

Mi_chief_fan 04-06-2001 03:39 PM

That's all we need, another Danan Hughes! ;)

58Forever 04-06-2001 04:00 PM

Geez, listen to Carl in the paper and he talks like we might get a WR in the draft again...we have "auditioned" Santana Moss...

God, if we can get this QB thing settled, we can start decided our draft strategy...FAs...not many left...but Holmes will be a Chief...mark my words...if he wasn't going to sign with us...I think he'd have already signed...DV must have made him some nice promises if he waits...:)