ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

whoman69 01-06-2012 01:31 PM

I can see the comparison for Jackson...no I don't. WTF is Boras talking about?

veist 01-06-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8268387)
Just actually read the linked story about Duncan - just glancing at the headline, I thought it was temporary. Apparently not.

This worries me more than Pujols leaving, and much much more than LaRussa leaving.

I guess the latest is "at least a year" ... really hope its just he decided to spend more time with the fam and not his wife getting worse.

BigRedChief 01-06-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8268960)
I can see the comparison for Jackson...no I don't. WTF is Boras talking about?

He's selling BS. No way Jackson should get $15 million.:shake:

Miles 01-07-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8269824)
He's selling BS. No way Jackson should get $15 million.:shake:

Starting to remind me of the offseason after the last Cards championship where he tried to oversell the hell out of Weaver and the market wanted nothing of it. Jackson is a very nice #3 with good enough stuff and durability. Also amusing that Boras has cited a few of the worst contracts in the game as examples of what Jackson is worth (Burnett, Lackey and Lowe).

BigRedChief 01-07-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 8272125)
Starting to remind me of the offseason after the last Cards championship where he tried to oversell the hell out of Weaver and the market wanted nothing of it. Jackson is a very nice #3 with good enough stuff and durability. Also amusing that Boras has cited a few of the worst contracts in the game as examples of what Jackson is worth (Burnett, Lackey and Lowe).

How he was used in the WS tells you all you need to know that he is no ace and doesn't deserver ace money.

Even though I was against the trade I'm glad we made the trade of Rasmus. Obviously without that trade we don't make the playoffs or win any series's in the playoffs. Jackson was a part and I'd go as far as to say without him as a 5th starter we wouldn't have made the playoffs. So, he deserves some credit, but just a little. ;)

BigRedChief 01-13-2012 07:47 PM

Anyone going to spring training? Anyone ever been? Got some tips and tricks? Any special days to attend?

Swanman 01-28-2012 09:26 AM

I just saw on the ESPN crawl that the Cards are signing Roy Oswalt. The Astrofication continues, but I am not complaining. I like the signing a lot.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8292688)
Anyone going to spring training? Anyone ever been? Got some tips and tricks? Any special days to attend?

Go the 2nd to last week of ST; you'll get the most 'regular' playing time. This year they also have a bunch of home games over that stretch as well as a couple of really close road games.

I dunno if there are any 'tricks', but the feel may be a little more relaxed this year. I enjoyed going to the back fields to watch the minor leaguers play in the mornings. You could sit right up against the fence, it felt like watching a softball game at the local rec.

Eh, I'm sure there are vets that have more insight than I do, we just went down there every morning, brought a ball and a bat and watched 'em practice until the games started.

O.city 01-28-2012 12:19 PM

Just about to sign Oswalt, impending him passing a physical.

Putting together a solid pitching staff if everyone is healthy.

Carpenter, Waino, Garcia, Oswalt, Lohse

Even better maybe this means we are done with Westbrook.

Frazod 01-28-2012 12:33 PM

The Astrofication of the Cards continues!

O.city 01-28-2012 12:35 PM

I really like what Mo has done this offseason. If Beltran and Oswalt can stay healthy, they are upgrades.

Frazod 01-28-2012 12:37 PM

He's probably a good pick-up. I'll take him over that douche Westbrook any day.

But I'd feel better about signing him if we still had Duncan.

O.city 01-28-2012 12:40 PM

Yeah, i'd love to have Duncan. But it is what it is. Show must go on.

Who is the pitching coach this season?

Frazod 01-28-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8332529)
Yeah, i'd love to have Duncan. But it is what it is. Show must go on.

Who is the pitching coach this season?

Whoever the bullpen coach was. Can't remember his name.

O.city 01-28-2012 12:43 PM

Yeah I can't remember his name off the top of my head.