ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

veist 01-28-2012 04:02 PM

I think really what you're going to have to hope for if they sign Oswalt is that they can deal KMac. Which reminds me, why the **** did we sign a replacement level KMac to a $2.5M deal if we could sign Oswalt to something less than $8M to bump the dead money that is Westbrook into a lesser role in the pen? Plus there is the potential that moving him to the pen is enough to get Westy to lift his NTC so they can possibly get out from some of that dead money.

O.city 01-28-2012 04:02 PM

So I've been wondering, how are they gonna set the lineup this season?

Furcal
Craig
Holliday
Berkman
Beltran
Freese
Yadi
Descalso
P

?

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8333131)
Westbrook was advertised as someone Duncan could fix, a replacement for Suppan. He hasn't come close to getting back to his numbers early with Cleveland and certainly hasn't come close to Suppan numbers. He's going to be a guy who can't fill any spot in the playoffs except perhaps in a game where the starter blows up in the 2nd.

Ah. You're going by the BS that the post-disgrace was peddling to justify LaRussa shipping out a fan-favorite that wasn't happy about being a part-time player.

Yeah, he was 'sold' by the PD as someone that Duncan could fix. Afterall, the Cardinals may as well sign the checks for the Cards beat-writers.

Anyone that actually looked at the guy knew better.

O.city 01-28-2012 04:03 PM

Who did we ship out for Westbrook, i've forgotten.

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8333147)
Who did we ship out for Westbrook, i've forgotten.

Ludwick

O.city 01-28-2012 04:07 PM

Oh yeah. Thanks.

Mi_chief_fan 01-28-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8333145)

Furcal
Craig
Holliday
Berkman
Beltran
Freese
Yadi
Descalso
P

?

I like it, as long as Matheny doesn't bat the pitcher 8th. :shake:

BigRedChief 01-28-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8333145)

Furcal
Craig
Holliday
Berkman
Beltran
Freese
Yadi
Descalso
P

?

Craig isn't starting and can't even play for a month.

Furcal
Beltran
Holliday
Berkman
Freese
John Jay
Yadi
Shumaker/Delcasco/Greene
Pitcher

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 04:24 PM

I still think Jay should be leading off against RH pitching.

Furcal isn't a leadoff hitter anymore. Jay's capable of giving you a .350 OBP and nice doubles power. He's not a perfect leadoff hitter since he's not really a base-stealing threat, but he gets on base well and can put himself in scoring position more often than most leadoff men w/ the doubles pop.

The team will be better off with him at 1 than Furcal, IMO.

whoman69 01-28-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8333146)
Ah. You're going by the BS that the post-disgrace was peddling to justify LaRussa shipping out a fan-favorite that wasn't happy about being a part-time player.

Yeah, he was 'sold' by the PD as someone that Duncan could fix. Afterall, the Cardinals may as well sign the checks for the Cards beat-writers.

Anyone that actually looked at the guy knew better.

I'm in Iowa, don't read the STL paper. Pretty much everyone in the media had it pegged that Duncan could fix Westbrook. It was obvious at the time the team didn't have the offensive pop behind Pujols. It was a big risk shipping out Ludwick, but I think its been pretty well shown he had hit his ceiling.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2012 06:02 PM

@JoeStraussJoe Strauss
Cards fans may start paying attention to the Baltimore Orioles. #Developing

So i know my O's wanna trade adam jones do you all need a cf?

O.city 01-28-2012 06:02 PM

Is he good?

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8333391)
@JoeStraussJoe Strauss
Cards fans may start paying attention to the Baltimore Orioles. #Developing

So i know my O's wanna trade adam jones do you all need a cf?

Well...yeah, sorta. Though it would create a hell of a logjam unless Craig was going back in the deal. I presume Jay/Beltran will be splitting the CF role, with Craig/Beltran playing RF and Berkman/Beltran playing 1b. If you throw Jones in there, Jay is essentially done and you've cut out a spot where Beltran can play (as Jones is an everyday player). And if Beltran isn't playing much CF, Craig's not going to get nearly as much time in RF either. So by bringing in Jones, you've really limited the use utility of Jay and Craig, who are very nice players in their own right.

Frankly, Jones is going to cost someone like Miller or Martinez and I'm not willing to give them up. I'm still not convinced that Jones isn't overrated as hell.

Honestly, I'd rather have JJ Hardy. Better still, you guys feel like trading Zach Britton?

Maybe the O's are just entering the Oswalt fray or something. More likely - Edwin Jackson.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8333394)
Is he good?

Yes

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8333403)
Well...yeah, sorta. Though it would create a hell of a logjam unless Craig was going back in the deal. I presume Jay/Beltran will be splitting the CF role, with Craig/Beltran playing RF and Berkman/Beltran playing 1b. If you throw Jones in there, Jay is essentially done and you've cut out a spot where Beltran can play (as Jones is an everyday player). And if Beltran isn't playing much CF, Craig's not going to get nearly as much time in RF either. So by bringing in Jones, you've really limited the use utility of Jay and Craig, who are very nice players in their own right.

Frankly, Jones is going to cost someone like Miller or Martinez and I'm not willing to give them up. I'm still not convinced that Jones isn't overrated as hell.

Honestly, I'd rather have JJ Hardy. Better still, you guys feel like trading Zach Britton?

Maybe the O's are just entering the Oswalt fray or something.

They better not trade Zach Britton