ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2012 06:11 PM

Maybe just a reference to ex-Card Edwin Jackson?

DJ's left nut 01-28-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8333405)
Yes

He's not bad.

He's a plus defensive CFer with good power that hasn't ever seen a pitch he won't swing at. The kid draws 30 BBs/season and is likely to put up on OBP around .320.

Even his power is somewhat suspect; Camden Yards is a nice hitters park and he only hits about 25 2bs/season to go with his 20-25 HRs; so it's not like he's hitting a shitload of balls hard - he just happens to end up with a disproportionate number of HRs on the balls he does hit hard.

The best thing about him is that he's going to be 26 next year. I guess he could take another small step forward and become a 30 HR/30 2b guy, in which case you can live with his bad on-base skills because his power is legit at that point.

But it's equally likely that he's just another Nick Markakis, but with a little bit more power and a lot worse batting eye.

whoman69 01-28-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8333416)
He's not bad.

He's a plus defensive CFer with good power that hasn't ever seen a pitch he won't swing at. The kid draws 30 BBs/season and is likely to put up on OBP around .320.

Even his power is somewhat suspect; Camden Yards is a nice hitters park and he only hits about 25 2bs/season to go with his 20-25 HRs; so it's not like he's hitting a shitload of balls hard - he just happens to end up with a disproportionate number of HRs on the balls he does hit hard.

The best thing about him is that he's going to be 26 next year. I guess he could take another small step forward and become a 30 HR/30 2b guy, in which case you can live with his bad on-base skills because his power is legit at that point.

But it's equally likely that he's just another Nick Markakis, but with a little bit more power and a lot worse batting eye.

Maybe they'll take Westbrook if he'll waive his clause.

BigRedChief 01-28-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8333235)
I'm in Iowa, don't read the STL paper..

It's all online. :rolleyes:

VAChief 01-28-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8333489)

Maybe his AOL cd ran out of time.

BigRedChief 01-28-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAChief (Post 8333508)
Maybe his AOL cd ran out of time.

off topic nugget of information:

Those orginal AOL CD's are worth money now. Collectors will collect anything.

whoman69 01-28-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8333489)

I get most of my Cards info from their website. As bad as the Chiefs articles are from KC writers, I have little wish to get the same from STL writers for the Cards.

BigRedChief 01-28-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8333748)
I get most of my Cards info from their website. As bad as the Chiefs articles are from KC writers, I have little wish to get the same from STL writers for the Cards.

There are several good Cardinals websites out there with good info. Maybe everyone should nominate sites and I'll put them up in the opening posts?

chefsos 01-29-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8333407)
They better not trade Zach Britton

I realize this is all joke/speculation, but I think Britton would be a hell of a lot more valuable in the NL, because the kid can really hit.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-29-2012 05:16 PM

Ken_RosenthalKen Rosenthal

Sources:,#Orioles pursuing #Rangers' Uehara as well as #STLCards' McClellan. Could complicate Cardinals' plan to clear $$$ for Oswalt. #MLB

O.city 01-29-2012 05:21 PM

They can have McClellan.

Marco Polo 01-29-2012 05:29 PM

Here are a few good Cardinals sites that I follow:

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/

http://www.futureredbirds.net/

Rams Fan 01-29-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8333748)

Strauss and Goold are actually pretty good.

Strauss was the one that broke the Rasmus trade news.

BigRedChief 01-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 8335131)
Here are a few good Cardinals sites that I follow:

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/

http://www.futureredbirds.net/

keep em coming. I'll put them in the OP.

BigRedChief 01-31-2012 09:53 PM

I heard about Baseball America making Shelby and Martinez in the top 30 prospects in all of baseball. Googled and found this. Agree or not?

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(206,17,65) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(206,17,65) 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 2px 2px; BORDER-TOP: rgb(206,17,65) 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(206,17,65) 1px solid" class=small border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=275 bgColor=#ebebeb align=right><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ce1141 align=center>TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=small border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>1.</TD><TD>Shelby Miller, rhp</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>2.</TD><TD>Carlos Martinez, rhp</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>3.</TD><TD>Oscar Taveras, of</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>4.</TD><TD>Zack Cox, 3b</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>5.</TD><TD>Kolten Wong, 2b</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>6.</TD><TD>Tyrell Jenkins, rhp</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>7.</TD><TD>Lance Lynn, rhp</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>8.</TD><TD>Eduardo Sanchez, rhp</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>9.</TD><TD>Matt Adams, 1b</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>10.</TD><TD>Jordan Swagerty, rhp</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ce1141 align=center>BEST
TOOLS
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=small border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Hitter for Average</TD><TD noWrap>Oscar Taveras</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Power Hitter</TD><TD noWrap>Matt Adams</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Strike-Zone Discipline</TD><TD noWrap>Matt Carpenter</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Fastest Baserunner</TD><TD noWrap>C.J. McElroy</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Athlete</TD><TD noWrap>Tyrell Jenkins</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Fastball</TD><TD noWrap>Shelby Miller</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Curveball</TD><TD noWrap>Carlos Martinez</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Slider</TD><TD noWrap>Jordan Swagerty</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Changeup</TD><TD noWrap>John Gast</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Control</TD><TD noWrap>Boone Whiting</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Defensive Catcher</TD><TD noWrap>Tony Cruz</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Defensive Infielder</TD><TD noWrap>Ryan Jackson</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Infield Arm</TD><TD noWrap>Pete Kozma</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Defensive Outfielder</TD><TD noWrap>Shane Robinson</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Best Outfield Arm</TD><TD noWrap>Tommy Pham</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ce1141 align=center>PROJECTED 2015
LINEUP
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE class=small border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Catcher</TD><TD noWrap>Yadier Molina</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>First Base</TD><TD noWrap>Allen Craig</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Second Base</TD><TD noWrap>Kolten Wong</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Third Base</TD><TD noWrap>David Freese</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Shortstop</TD><TD noWrap>Ryan Jackson</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Left Field</TD><TD noWrap>Matt Holliday</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Center Field</TD><TD noWrap>Jon Jay</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Right Field</TD><TD noWrap>Oscar Taveras</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>No. 1 Starter</TD><TD noWrap>Adam Wainwright</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>No. 2 Starter</TD><TD noWrap>Shelby Miller</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>No. 3 Starter</TD><TD noWrap>Jaime Garcia</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>No. 4 Starter</TD><TD noWrap>Carlos Martinez</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>No. 5 Starter</TD><TD noWrap>Tyrell Jenkins</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Closer</TD><TD noWrap>Jason Motte</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>