ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   This (rehashed) thread sucks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133147)

penguinz 01-06-2006 01:15 PM

This server sucks.

Would be a shame if the site was on a server that could handle a load. Oh well... What should you expect when the owner/admin is awol.

jAZ 01-06-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
Would be a shame if the site was on a server that could handle a load. Oh well... What should you expect when the owner/admin is awol.

Actually he's been working on upgrading the version of our BB software and in the process restarting the database. I'm guessing he's tinkering right now.

jAZ 01-06-2006 01:19 PM

The server does in fact suck in at least one respect though... everything is on an IDE harddrive which is much of the problem when we have a heavier load.

I'd suggest taking up a donation drive to upgrade the servers drive technology.

Brock 01-06-2006 01:20 PM

He probably has a life.

Otter 01-06-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Taco John and Orangmane handle lots of big loads. Go there.

WilliamTheIrish 01-06-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter

Yea, but they handle those loads on their faces.

Alton deFlat 01-06-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

I just had chili for lunch. Maybe I'll go have a look......... Nah.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2006 01:23 PM

Another funding idea that has been brought up before is advertisements on the front page for revenue. With as many hits this website gets this option should be feasible if money is an issue for a functional server.

Wile_E_Coyote 01-06-2006 01:23 PM

gift horse-mouth, look not

penguinz 01-06-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
Actually he's been working on upgrading the version of our BB software and in the process restarting the database. I'm guessing he's tinkering right now.

Nice to see that you stopped sucking Kyle and came up for air.

There is no excuse for a site this popular to have the issues it has.

Go back to the DC forum where you belong.

Calcountry 01-06-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ

He said as much a couple of days ago.

It has been performing pretty well of late, nothing like last year.

When you unplug the thing, you won't get through. lmao.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2006 01:47 PM

It looks like Kyle needs to needs to assign more responsiblities to the mods in maintaining the site, or delegate responsiblities to a "techy group" to ensure that doesn't occur as often.

morphius 01-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Another funding idea that has been brought up before is advertisements on the front page for revenue. With as many hits this website gets this option should be feasible if money is an issue for a functional server.

We need to get something going. I know Austinchief is working on the next version, its just frustrating to deal with this day in and day out. This site has been sucking badly lately, not the posts, just the availablity.

Calcountry 01-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Nice to see that you stopped sucking Kyle and came up for air.

There is no excuse for a site this popular to have the issues it has.

Go back to the DC forum where you belong.

Look, I am in front of the computer when I have the time. If CP gives me that blank stare back, no pages loading, I go to the "other" site for my coffee break.

Much as I would go to another gas station if the one I prefer to gas up at was out of gas.

Rausch 01-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

I did...