ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Sequester and Dow Jones (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270571)

La literatura 02-28-2013 01:30 PM

Sequester and Dow Jones
 
Why isn't the market reacting to sequestration?

We're on the brink of a seeing DJIA reach a new record high.

Garcia Bronco 02-28-2013 01:36 PM

You'll see a slight drop(which is a good time to buy), but many analysts are not predicting a 10 percent drop. In fact a 2.2 reduction in spending should on some level to strengthen us from a market POV. However it's not nearly enough. We need another 25 to 30 percent drop in spending to really get us going in the right direction

petegz28 02-28-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9451398)
Why isn't the market reacting to sequestration?

We're on the brink of a seeing DJIA reach a new record high.

This is a good question. After all, the world was ready to come to an end accroding to the Admin.

alpha_omega 02-28-2013 02:44 PM

'Cause there isn't really anything to react to.

LiveSteam 02-28-2013 03:23 PM

Pink slips for everyone
airplanes will start crashing,fire departments will run out of water, naval ship yards will run out of welding rod, teachers will have no note book paper,police departments wont have fuel for their cars, OHHHHHHHH! the humanity

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96896236_n.jpg

Garcia Bronco 02-28-2013 03:28 PM

It's also worth adding that since they don't really know what they're going to cut it's difficult to determine an impact.

Deberg_1990 02-28-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9451729)
Pink slips for everyone
airplanes will start crashing,fire departments will run out of water, naval ship yards will run out of welding rod, teachers will have no note book paper,police departments wont have fuel for their cars, OHHHHHHHH! the humanity

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96896236_n.jpg

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together....Mass hysteria!

Comrade Crapski 02-28-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9451610)
'Cause there isn't really anything to react to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9451729)
Pink slips for everyone
airplanes will start crashing,fire departments will run out of water, naval ship yards will run out of welding rod, teachers will have no note book paper,police departments wont have fuel for their cars, OHHHHHHHH! the humanity

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96896236_n.jpg

LMAO

Taco John 02-28-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9451398)
Why isn't the market reacting to sequestration?

We're on the brink of a seeing DJIA reach a new record high.

It's already priced in. The market has expected this to happen for some time now.

BigRedChief 02-28-2013 07:03 PM

I'm locking in a rate for the purchase of a house tomorrow. The loan officer says rates will be cheaper tomorrow than today.

I think the market has got used to the Washington brinkmanship.

ChiefRocka 03-01-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9451951)
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together....Mass hysteria!

Great quote from a great actor.

mlyonsd 03-01-2013 07:46 AM

And guess what people. This isn't over. We get to go thru this again this January to cut $100 billion more.

The ironic thing is this doesn't even reduce our debt. It will continue to skyrocket.

JFC the American public is stupid.

BigRedChief 03-01-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9453742)
And guess what people. This isn't over. We get to go thru this again this January to cut $100 billion more.

The ironic thing is this doesn't even reduce our debt. It will continue to skyrocket.

JFC the American public is stupid.

January? I thought the next manufactured "crisis", "shoot yourself in the foot" Armageddons are due in April and May?

theelusiveeightrop 03-01-2013 07:56 AM

It's March 1. Going to mailbox to get my check.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.