ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Tom Brady destroyed his phone. Appeal has been denied. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293612)

The Franchise 07-28-2015 09:30 AM

Report: Tom Brady destroyed his phone. Appeal has been denied.

Nope.....he did nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...eld/ar-AAdBouH

The NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal and uphold the four-game suspension he is facing for his alleged role in Deflategate, according to one report.

Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN’s “First Take” Tuesday morning that a source told him Roger Goodell will not reduce or overturn Brady’s suspension. Perhaps more shocking, Smith cited a separate source who told him Brady actually destroyed his own personal cell phone rather than just refusing to turn it over.

We have known all along that the bigger issue here is Brady’s lack of cooperation during the Ted Wells investigation. The NFL was furious that Brady wouldn’t give up “relevant” text messages and emails that might help clarify his level of involvement — or lack thereof — in Patriots equipment managers allegedly letting air out of game balls.

Smith clarified that he was told by one source that the NFL is going stand by its four-game suspension within the next 24-48 hours, whereas the information about Brady destroying his cell phone was just “something I heard.” It was almost as if he was downplaying the information knowing how much of a bombshell the rumor was.

Reports in recent weeks have been all over the place regarding Brady’s appeal. There has been some indication that the two sides are working toward a settlement, though reports like this one make that seem unlikely.

If the NFL upholds the suspension, no one would be stunned. If someone can prove that Brady destroyed his cell phone, that would be tough for the New England Patriots quarterback to explain.

Sassy Squatch 07-28-2015 09:33 AM

Nice.

RealSNR 07-28-2015 09:34 AM

He seems nice

Amnorix 07-28-2015 09:36 AM

First, Stephen A. Smith. Who said it was "something he heard". I'll await a somewhat more reliable source thanks.

Second, this case has become much more about power and perception than about justice, fairness or science.

Amusingly, meanwhile, the NFL has dramatically revised procedures around game ball handling and measurement, tacitly admitting that it had lousy procedures in place before, and certainly that it has no real way of knowing how the real world has affected game ball PSI for the last 70 years. It will be especially interesting to see if a year of data exonerates the Patriots.

The Franchise 07-28-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11623228)
First, Stephen A. Smith. Who said it was "something he heard". I'll await a somewhat more reliable source thanks.

Second, this case has become much more about power and perception than about justice, fairness or science.

Amusingly, meanwhile, the NFL has dramatically revised procedures around game ball handling and measurement, tacitly admitting that it had lousy procedures in place before, and certainly that it has no real way of knowing how the real world has affected game ball PSI for the last 70 years. It will be especially interesting to see if a year of data exonerates the Patriots.

ROFL

Shut the **** up.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-28-2015 09:39 AM

Suck it Patriot douche ****s

Pasta Little Brioni 07-28-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Oh for tuck's sake

Hootie 07-28-2015 09:39 AM

I know I usually destroy my phone when I have nothing to hide.

The Franchise 07-28-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11623237)

This is your bat signal......and I love it.

Amnorix 07-28-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11623231)
ROFL

Shut the **** up.

errr...no, actually, I won't.

The science doesn't even establish deflation. AT ALL. And yet the NFL hands down massive punishments. Kind of amazing really.

Eventually a federal judge will sort it out. But that won't be about deflation either. Brady can't really challenge the mediocre Wells report findings. All they can really challenge is the PROCESS.

Pablo 07-28-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11623237)

I throw mine out of a moving vehicle into the river every couple of weeks just for a laugh and then go buy a new one.

Amnorix 07-28-2015 09:42 AM

Stephen A. Smith: "I heard...........but I don't know"

Hootie: IT MUST BE TRUE!!

Let the good times roll.

WhawhaWhat 07-28-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11623239)
errr...no, actually, I won't.

The science doesn't even establish deflation. AT ALL. And yet the NFL hands down massive punishments. Kind of amazing really.

Eventually a federal judge will sort it out. But that won't be about deflation either. Brady can't really challenge the mediocre Wells report findings. All they can really challenge is the PROCESS.

Can someone change his name again? Please?

Garcia Bronco 07-28-2015 09:43 AM

Destroying his phone wouldn't matter. The carrier has a record of all of it.

BossChief 07-28-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

6 minutes after the thread was posted.

You guys are sad.