ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Ice Cream Bread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272764)

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 07:39 PM

pics plz

Do you think it'd be a good base to top with ice cream?

Rasputin 05-04-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9657178)
chocolate chip cookie dough. It would be like little choc chip cookies inside some bread. That's what I'm gonna do.

Love me some choco chip cookie dough ice cream. I may have to try this too. Let me know how it turns out.

RainMaker 05-04-2013 07:51 PM

Oh, it's not pretty at all...noooooo. Let's just say it's better tasting than it looks. I made two loaves and I know that I also mixed it to well - it was pretty freaking soft. I think it's because I was distracted by the ice cream that I didn't put in the mixing bowl - I ate that too.

I feel bad. I've been on a no sugar kick for I don't know how long. Then I saw those fantastic pictures. And, instead of making empanadas today, I made two loaves of ice cream bread, ate the remaining tub of Rocky Road and now I'm grumpy as hell as I eat another piece of ice-cream toasted bread - sigh. I'm gonna take it out on the wife and kids. But still thanks. It's not your fault that I'm weak.

Rain

p.s. as for ice cream, sure! I added some sucralose that might have changed the texture, but it's still nice and sweet. I broke one of my cardinal rules: always try out a recipe as-is the first time then make the changes.

digger 05-04-2013 08:02 PM

M&M Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tube of Mini M&M's (If you like a lot of M&M's I would suggest 2 tubes)
2 cups of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in M&Ms.

Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.

When dough is firm enough to handle (it may help to lightly flour your hands), form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate chips in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it is completely melted. Using forks or a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into chocolate to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week (though good luck making them last that long)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-npFhgF6QKF...h+Truffles.jpg

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 08:04 PM

**** is that shit

too complicated

Cannibal 05-04-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9657765)

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup skim milk

Directions:

Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in M&Ms.

When dough is firm enough to handle (it may help to lightly flour your hands), form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate chips in microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it is completely melted. Using forks or a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into chocolate to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week (though good luck making them last that long)

http://www.license.umn.edu/Images/Mi...ve/insulin.jpg

CoMoChief 05-04-2013 08:20 PM

omg

-King- 05-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9657765)

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup skim milk

Directions:

Ugh. That looks like death.

keg in kc 05-04-2013 10:04 PM

I like how they use skim milk. Gotta keep it healthy.

KcMizzou 05-04-2013 10:17 PM

The OP sounds too simple to be very good. But given the awesomeness of lemon bars... it just might work.

Ingredients

1 box angel food cake mix
2 cans lemon pie filling

Baking Instructions

1. Mix dry cake mix and cans of pie filling together in large bowl.

2. Pour into greased 9 x 13″ baking pan.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is starting to brown.

4. Dust it with powdered sugar, if ya wanna get fancy.

Bump 05-04-2013 11:55 PM

mmmmmm lemon bars

KcMizzou 05-05-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9658294)
mmmmmm lemon bars

Right?

RINGLEADER 05-05-2013 03:38 AM

Wife is out tomorrow doing real-world chit for her masters degree - if she comes home to ice cream bread I will absolutely blow her mind.

Who would have ever thought such a thing would be possible?

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 03:58 AM

There's a local restaurant that makes 'blaster pies' which are like cream pies, only they flavor them with Koolaid powder, and one made with Tang. I've only had the Tang blaster pie and it rocked.

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2013 05:51 AM

I'm making chocolate fudge brownie ice cream bread. Will have a slice, then send the rest with my wife to her work.