ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 50 Most Hated Player in NFL History? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251467)

Rain Man 10-20-2011 10:24 AM

50 Most Hated Player in NFL History?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...edium=referral

For the most part this should be the 50 most hated players of the past 25 years, but it's still a decent list. Great call on including all of the draft cheaters, who in my opinion should be the top four villains on the list: John Elway, Kelly Stouffer, Bo Jackson, and Eli Manning.

The author is obviously too young to remember evil people like Lester Hayes, Howie Long, Lyle Alzado, Todd Christensen, Fred Biletnikoff, and Matt Millen. (Wow, all Raiders - that wasn't even intentional.) Also, Junior Seau, Shannon Sharpe (how'd they miss him?), and Ed McCaffrey should be on this list. I could even see former Chief Andre Rison being on this list. Others worthy of consideration would be Hollywood Henderson, Mark Gastineau, Brian Bosworth, Ricky Watters, Chuck Bednarik, Ray Lewis (or was he on the list?), and Thurman Thomas.

I found Paul Palmer to be a surprising inclusion. I didn't remember the fumble threat and just thought of him as your everyday 1st-round bust.

Edit: "Players" in the title, not "Player". There is more than one in a list of 50. I apologize to anyone who was confused by the misleading title.

big nasty kcnut 10-20-2011 10:29 AM

Don't forget alex karras and dan beerdorf.

jd1020 10-20-2011 10:29 AM

Ray Lewis is on the list, doesn't make much sense to me.

Ming the Merciless 10-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8009844)
Ray Lewis is on the list, doesn't make much sense to me.

Because he killed someone?

Otter 10-20-2011 10:32 AM

Brett Farve, Tom Brady and Big Ben rated higher than Bill Romanowski? I think Brett's a idealistic, man child for not retiring but I don't hate him by any stretch. Nor Big Ben or Brady.

Rodney Harrison should be much higher and anyone that rates Vick at #18 needs to go visit some hippie, granola crunching town like Boulder, CO. Seething hatred for the man is the only way I could describe what they've told me about him when I mention PA.

Rain Man 10-20-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8009860)

And because he has the biggest ego this side of Terrell Owens? And because he does that stupid girly dance thing before games? And because he thinks he's all great when Willie Lanier would eat him as an appetizer before moving on to the main meal?

Rain Man 10-20-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8009868)
Brett Farve, Tom Brady and Big Ben rated higher than Bill Romanowski? I think Brett's a idealistic, man child for not retiring but I don't hate him by any stretch. Nor Big Ben or Brady.

Rodney Harrison should be much higher and anyone that rates Vick at #18 needs to go visit some hippie, granola crunching town like Boulder, CO. Seething hatred for the man is the only way I could describe what they've told me about him when I mention PA.

Yeah, I'd put Romanowski at #5 behind the draft cheaters, and I don't hate Brady at all. Envy, yes. Hatred, no. Favre got annoying but doesn't make the list and the rapist should be somewhere on it, but not at the top.

Harrison and Vick are indeed too low. Vick may be at #7 on my list.

jd1020 10-20-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

When?

Reerun_KC 10-20-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8010002)
When?

That one time... Remember?

MahiMike 10-20-2011 11:00 AM

Glad Hines Ward made it on there. But why is Bo Jackson on there? How can anyone hate him? I also don't see why T.O. is #1. Favre is the easy winner here.

Rain Man 10-20-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8010144)
Glad Hines Ward made it on there. But why is Bo Jackson on there? How can anyone hate him? I also don't see why T.O. is #1. Favre is the easy winner here.

Bo Jackson? The guy who thought he was too special to play for the team that drafted him? The guy who thought he was more important than the beloved sport of American football? The guy who violated the system that helps even the balance of football teams to ensure an entertaining and sustainable product? That guy?

He's #2 on my all-time list because of that garbage. And because he was a Raider, of course.

MahiMike 10-20-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8010166)
Bo Jackson? The guy who thought he was too special to play for the team that drafted him? The guy who thought he was more important than the beloved sport of American football? The guy who violated the system that helps even the balance of football teams to ensure an entertaining and sustainable product? That guy?

He's #2 on my all-time list because of that garbage. And because he was a Raider, of course.

Yeah, but he was a Royal too! Besides, he was the most entertaining guy to watch strike out. Supposedly a pretty upstanding guy away from the sports world as well.

Rain Man 10-20-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 8010255)
Yeah, but he was a Royal too! Besides, he was the most entertaining guy to watch strike out. Supposedly a pretty upstanding guy away from the sports world as well.

If the Royals had any character they would have told that guy to hit the road the day he showed up. Go play for the Athletics or something.

Chief Roundup 10-20-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

He didn't kill anyone. He just wouldn't say anything about his friend and what he saw.

QuikSsurfer 10-20-2011 11:35 AM

Bill Romanowski is number 1 on my list.