ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who Would You Cut? Bray or Daniel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283623)

Buehler445 05-11-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10624698)
Yeah...I don't think we could trade him for much, if anything now. I think we cut him and save $3M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10624713)
Nobody was gonna trade for him. Ever.

Maybe, but I caught shit for wanting to try. Hell, if Smith wasn't around and Daniel playdd somewhere else, I think bet he'd be on the Chiefs radar.

Hell, the Queens re-signed Cassel. If you were GMing for the Queens and your options are re-sign big fetal or trade a 6th for Daniel, what would you do?

I said it before, run his ass out to the curb with a sign that says "5th rounder OBO" like you would a couch.

Regardless, the tune of this place has changed significantly since the Eggo game when I wanted to trade him.

TLO 05-11-2014 10:16 PM

I'd say Bray is probably gone. Daniel showed some ability and heart in the San Diego game last year. Cut ties witth Bray.

xztop123 05-11-2014 10:29 PM

Bray has terrible feet.

Iconic 05-11-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 10624910)
Bray has terrible feet.

Rex Ryan is on CP.

Sannyasi 05-12-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10624694)
This is mind boggling. I wanted to trade Daniel after the Eggo game and took a pile of shit for it. Even after explaining the 3M pricetag, virtually nobody wanted to trade him. Now 56 people want to cut him?

Same as how Alex Smith was an officially anointed Franchise Quarterback™ for 2 weeks after the playoff game against the Colts, but now he's shitty again and we can't wait to replace him with a rookie fifth rounder.

el borracho 05-12-2014 12:09 AM

Rather have the guy with less experience, but greater potential than the guy with not much experience and not much potential.

DTLB58 05-12-2014 12:25 AM

Don't have to make a decision right now. We didn't see much of Bray last pre-season. I would want to see more of him first before I made my choice.

If we cut Chase and there was a player(s) we were going to sign to make an immediate impact that might make a difference in the decision.

el borracho 05-12-2014 12:30 AM

Actually, I think you could make a case for having the worst possible player as your backup QB. If your starting QB goes down for any length of time, your season is probably toast, anyway. Might as well improve your draft position and either a)provide your starter with better weapons when he returns or b)replace your starter in the draft.

DTLB58 05-12-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10623632)
Would you rather have more upside for less money?

Me too.

That upside you refer to is another way of saying potential.

At least the other guy does have 1 game under his belt and lots of experience behind Drew Bree's and that system.

Just playing Devils advocate. I see both sides.

okcchief 05-12-2014 12:31 AM

Cut Daniel. Bray has a nice arm. Maybe it clicks one day.

DTLB58 05-12-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10623640)
It's a conundrum. It's too early to cut Bray, but it's a bad, bad idea to go into an NFL season without a veteran backup. I think you have to find a way to keep all 4 at this point.

And we would love to keep 10 OL every year. And I wanted us to draft 3 friggin WR's like the Packers did. You just gotta make tough decisions in the NFL. If it were as easy as just Keep all 4 QB's everyone could do it. Not in today's NFL.

OldSchool 05-12-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10625002)
Actually, I think you could make a case for having the worst possible player as your backup QB. If your starting QB goes down for any length of time, your season is probably toast, anyway. Might as well improve your draft position and either a)provide your starter with better weapons when he returns or b)replace your starter in the draft.

Horrible idea. That's just asking to get fired in this win-now league.

Why Not? 05-12-2014 01:02 AM

No Casey Printers option?

Pasta Little Brioni 05-12-2014 07:26 AM

Both could turn chicken salad into chicken shit.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-12-2014 06:59 PM

@ChiefsInsider: So how will new #Chiefs QB Aaron Murray fit into the carousel with Tyler Bray and Alex Smith? http://t.co/1RRLCkrRsr

@ArrowheadAddict: Daniel 2015 Cap Hit: $4.8 million
Bray 2015 Cap Hit: $589k

Something to keep in mind.

@adamteicher: #Chiefs didn't draft Murray to cut him. So Bray or Daniel is in trouble

@Jacobs71: Tyler Bray has a ton of upside so I don't see him leaving.

@LRiddickESPN: I can definitely think of "worse" trades. #Chiefs did just fine getting Smith, really like Bray, and now have Murray.

@DraftCountdown: Notable Names Atop My Best UDFA List From Last YR: Tyler Bray, Da'Rick Rogers, Kevin Reddick, Nickell Robey, Alvin Bailey & Tony Jefferson.

@HerbieTeope: New Chiefs G Zach Fulton said he hasn't spoken to former teammate Tyler Bray yet. Said he's excited to work with Bray again.

@TerezPaylor: Tyler Bray has upside. But he was UDFA. They aren’t married to him. #Chiefs could save $1.4 million by cutting Daniel, though.