ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fargo: TV Series on FX (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283028)

Buehler445 04-16-2014 04:37 AM

Shit. I missed it. Will they re-air it?

Zebedee DuBois 04-16-2014 05:18 AM

I have definitely heard that accent from people I work with (over the phone) in Wisconson, you betcha. Not all residents have it to the same degree.

The pacing was a little slow in the beginning - but that is probably to be expected in initial episodes. When we don't know the characters yet, those 'meaningful stares' don't carry the meaning to the audience. It was enjoyable - I will tune in again next week.

Deberg_1990 04-16-2014 06:19 AM

Haven't seen it yet....but I don't get it? All new story with the same characters and setting? Or different characters?
Posted via Mobile Device

jwazzie 04-16-2014 06:58 AM

Loved it! Great start and for me I hope this is only a 10 episode series. Short for full of life. Awesome!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10565647)
Haven't seen it yet....but I don't get it? All new story with the same characters and setting? Or different characters?
Posted via Mobile Device

Similar in ways, but very different overall.

Still hoping for a "Shep I was banging that broad" cameo ;)

FishingRod 04-16-2014 08:39 AM

Billy Bob was great. Will give this show a shot

bevischief 04-16-2014 10:09 AM

I watched and was laughing almost the entire time.

DaKCMan AP 04-16-2014 10:37 AM

DVRd

lcarus 04-16-2014 02:48 PM

I'll be honest. I thought the movie Fargo was a bit overrated. I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago, so obviously if I see it again I might love it. That's what happened with The Big Lebowski. Saw it in 1999. Didn't get it. Saw it a few years later and now it's possibly my favorite movie.

As far as this show, I'm gonna check it out. I like Martin Freeman a lot but it's so weird seeing him do a northern American accent when I'm so used to his real accent.

keg in kc 04-16-2014 04:21 PM

I never liked the movie.

The show started slowly, but I like it so far, about an hour in.

MahiMike 04-16-2014 05:10 PM

Watching it again. Billy Bob is fantastic. Those square head accents are hilarious.

Baby Lee 04-16-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10566842)
I'll be honest. I thought the movie Fargo was a bit overrated. I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago, so obviously if I see it again I might love it. That's what happened with The Big Lebowski. Saw it in 1999. Didn't get it. Saw it a few years later and now it's possibly my favorite movie.

As far as this show, I'm gonna check it out. I like Martin Freeman a lot but it's so weird seeing him do a northern American accent when I'm so used to his real accent.

The Coen brothers are probably the most rewatch rewarded directors in all of film. There are some [no country, o' brother, raising AZ] that I loved right away, but there isn't one of theirs I didn't come to adore. They set such a mood in each film, that they go up against expectations on first viewing, but once you are accustomed to the rhythms, everything SINGS.

As for the TV show, haven't seen a 4 color pen in 20 years.

And what an effing class, go to imdb to see the full cast. It has everyone.

Pitt Gorilla 04-16-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10567252)
The Coen brothers are probably the most rewatch rewarded directors in all of film. There are some [no country, o' brother, raising AZ] that I loved right away, but there isn't one of theirs I didn't come to adore. They set such a mood in each film, that they go up against expectations on first viewing, but once you are accustomed to the rhythms, everything SINGS.

As for the TV show, haven't seen a 4 color pen in 20 years.

And what an effing class, go to imdb to see the full cast. It has everyone.

Hebrew Hammer is due to show sometime soon.

mr. tegu 04-17-2014 08:24 PM

I loved it.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10567143)
Watching it again. Billy Bob is fantastic. Those square head accents are hilarious.

Doing his Russell Bell( Pushing Tin) interpretation of the character.