ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Cleveland Indians @ Kansas City Royals Double-Header Game Thread (4/28) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272583)

Nightfyre 04-28-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9640715)
It's bizarre to me how much time Royals fans spend worrying about Frenchy. Sure, he's crap to marginal but he's here for one more year and he was never labeled the future of the Royals.

Hosmer and Moustakas on the other hand were supposed to be the future of the franchise and they are captains of the failboat at this point. I can't get why so much energy is expended on a throw away player who'll be gone next year. It was one thing when Myers was available but that's no longer the case.

Frenchy epitomizes our GM's dumbassery at the major league level.

BlackHelicopters 04-28-2013 12:22 PM

I know this has been brought up before, but the ears and rug on that Vinson mortgage dude freak me out.

Cephalic Trauma 04-28-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9640715)
It's bizarre to me how much time Royals fans spend worrying about Frenchy. Sure, he's crap to marginal but he's here for one more year and he was never labeled the future of the Royals.

Hosmer and Moustakas on the other hand were supposed to be the future of the franchise and they are captains of the failboat at this point. I can't get why so much energy is expended on a throw away player who'll be gone next year. It was one thing when Myers was available but that's no longer the case.

Yeah, but Frenchy is like a pitcher in our lineup. He may be carlos zambrano, but that's not saying much when we have viable options on the bench.

GoHuge 04-28-2013 12:23 PM

Anyone got a feed for this game? Down by the lake but the game is still MLB blacked out and they don't get FSKC. Nothing at Firstrow either.

stonedstooge 04-28-2013 12:24 PM

Let's run

KCUnited 04-28-2013 12:25 PM

Lol, **** Kipnis.

Dartgod 04-28-2013 12:26 PM

What kind of bush league shit was that?

Cephalic Trauma 04-28-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9640701)
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut alas, The team is winning while Ned is at helm so far so I won't crucify him for this.

We're 24th in runs. This team has been carried by exceptional pitching.

I'm not saying we don't have bats, because everyone knows the potential this lineup has.

But it's hard to watch when we see situations like the Detroit game where Dyson pinch ran for billy, got in scoring position and eventually scored (something frenchy will never do) to tie the game. And he covers more ground defensively.

Okay, I'm done. i won't pollute the gamethread any longer.

ChiliConCarnage 04-28-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9640735)
Frenchy epitomizes our GM's dumbassery at the major league level.

Yes, a random signing that doesn't matter after this year is a bigger sign of dumassery than drafting super failures. The Rays do fine and hardly ever win big signings but they don't draft like failtards.

alnorth 04-28-2013 12:28 PM

2nd inning

Top 2nd

Reynolds pops out to second
Santana doubles to center
Raburn strikes out (swinging)
Chisenhall grounds out to first 3-1

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 2nd

Hosmer strikes out (swinging)
Perez strikes out (swinging)
Moustakas walks
Francoeur doubles to left, Moustakas scores
Dyson doubles to right, Francoeur scores
Getz grounds out to first 3-1

2 runs, 2 hits

BlackHelicopters 04-28-2013 12:30 PM

Tight strike zone

Nightfyre 04-28-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9640762)
Yes, a random signing that doesn't matter after this year is a bigger sign of dumassery than drafting super failures. The Rays do fine and hardly ever win big signings but they don't draft like failtards.

He's not a random signing. He was extended for two years at 13 million. 6.5 mill per year is a huge chunk of our annual payroll. And he is a hole in our lineup. He swings at anything. But Dayton just LOVES him because he has a giant scout-crush on him and can't see him objectively.

BlackHelicopters 04-28-2013 12:30 PM

Nice play

stonedstooge 04-28-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9640762)

It may not matter next year, but it sure does matter this year

BlackHelicopters 04-28-2013 12:31 PM

Shut up HUD.