ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey reportedly candidate for Packers GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305034)

Chromatic 01-08-2017 09:03 AM

John Dorsey reportedly candidate for Packers GM

Yeah, that would suck pretty ****ing hard.

Quote:

When the Packers face the Giants in Sunday's wild-card game, the focus will be on the field. But the future of the man who built the Packers is one that is being fiercely debated in Green Bay. How long 63-year-old general manager Ted Thompson, with two years left on his contract, continues in his current job is an open question.

Now, an intriguing name has emerged as a potential successor: Chiefs GM John Dorsey.

Dorsey, a former Packers player who cut his teeth in Green Bay under Hall of Fame architect Ron Wolf, has not yet signed a contract extension, sources said. He's in the final year of his deal, potentially opening the door to him leaving what he helped build in Kansas City to work at Lambeau Field.

Sources said Dorsey is incredibly well-regarded by the Packers executive committee, including President and CEO Mark Murphy, from his time as a scout, Director of College Scouting and Director of Football Operations. Timing would have to be perfect, but if Thompson steps away to take a senior scouting role as some involved believe, Dorsey would be in a position to step in this year.

Dorsey and coach Andy Reid have worked hand-in-hand over the past four years to build the Chiefs into a consistent winner, and they are seeded second in the AFC playoffs. The Chiefs intend to give a contract extension to Reid this offseason, a source said. After this year, Reid will be in the final year of his deal.

The list of successors to Thompson is an intriguing one. It includes Director of Football Operations Eliot Wolf, who interviewed this week for the 49ers' open GM job. While he was blocked from interviewing for the Lions' GM job last year, his interview this year means he could be leaving. There is also Russ Ball, the vice president of football administration, who is universally respected in the NFL and by the executive committee. Director of Player Personnel Brian Gutekunst and Senior Personnel Executive Alonzo Highsmith are among the talented members of the Packers' front office.

With Dorsey entering the picture, it adds some intrigue to the future of the Packers' front office.

Follow Ian Rapoport on Twitter @RapSheet.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Rasputin 01-08-2017 09:05 AM

He is going to stay a Chief he has a GM job and he seems happy so why would he want to move on. Plus we are knocking down the door for a Super Bowl. **** maybe building something of a dynasty?

jjchieffan 01-08-2017 09:09 AM

Ugh! Man I hope he stays here, but if there is anything at all to this story, them blocking Ballard from interviewing with the 49ers would make sense because Ballard could be the man they want to replace Dorsey. But why would Clark not already have extended him? Was this the plan all along? Was Dorsey promised that he would be free to leave for Green Bay when the GM spot came open? After all, he had turned down GM offers before. Maybe that was what it took to get him to take this one.

BryanBusby 01-08-2017 09:14 AM

Wouldn't lose a single second of sleep over it.

Chris Ballard is arguably the best future GM there is and there's potential that the Chiefs could upgrade if he were to take the top job. There isn't a losing situation for the Chiefs here.

KChiefs1 01-08-2017 09:15 AM

Is this why Ballard didn't interview with the 49ers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BryanBusby 01-08-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12667153)

No. The 49ers are a dogshit franchise.

Direckshun 01-08-2017 09:17 AM

Am I crazy for thinking that this is total bullshit?

This would be a lateral move. Would John Dorsey do that?

Holy ****ing shit -- is that why we denied 49ers access to Chris Ballard???

There is truly no justice in the NFL if this happens.

BryanBusby 01-08-2017 09:19 AM

Yeah they blocked Tampa Bay awhile ago because they seen this day coming!

Good ****ing god

OnTheWarpath15 01-08-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12667153)

Possibly.

According to reports, Ballard was the Niners "1st, 2nd and 3rd choice".

KC denied SF permission to interview him, knowing they would lose him.

Direckshun 01-08-2017 09:27 AM

There just truly is no justice of Dorsey lands this.

I don't mind our assistants getting promoted. I don't mind upward mobility in a football franchise. But when your GM potentially leaves for the exact same job somewhere else simply because it's more prestigious?

C'mon Clark. Close this deal. Lock Dorsey up.

Christ, teaming up Dorsey with Aaron Rodgers... The Pack would have a shot at 19-0 within 4 years.

OnTheWarpath15 01-08-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12667156)
Am I crazy for thinking that this is total bullshit?

This would be a lateral move. Would John Dorsey do that?

Holy ****ing shit -- is that why we denied 49ers access to Chris Ballard???

There is truly no justice in the NFL if this happens.

Ballard is the top GM candidate in the league right now.

I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest if he took the job.

chiefforlife 01-08-2017 09:27 AM

He actually built this team, i would think he would want to stick around and see it through rather than take over a team someone else built.

notorious 01-08-2017 09:31 AM

Maybe Ballard is the genius and Dorsey is just a guy....

Buns 01-08-2017 09:32 AM

Dorsey's wife is from Kansas so she would have to sign off on this. It doesn't seem like something Dorsey would do though.

saphojunkie 01-08-2017 09:33 AM

Scott Pioli was the top GM candidate in the league, too. You don't **** with success.

Back the ****ing Brinks truck up.