ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Lawnmower Help Please (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147525)

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 05:56 PM

Lawnmower Help Please

Purchased a lawnmower in June or so. Has worked fine til last night. Someone I know tells me it might be my spark plug, so I change it. Didn't make a difference. I called the Lowe's service number. They are telling me it could be that I put premium grade gas in it, when it calls for regular unleaded. This sounds like bs to me? Any ideas? Just for kicks, I have drained the gas and am going to try regular, but haven't had time to fill my jug yet.

JBucc 09-11-2006 05:57 PM

Why the hell did you waste premium on a lawnmower?

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Why the hell did you waste premium on a lawnmower?

I know it was stupid, but I was filling up my tank and went ahead and filled up my jug. Hey, I never said I was bright.

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 06:08 PM

Well, thanks for everyone's help.

JimNasium 09-11-2006 06:28 PM

Antifreeze?

ChiefsFire 09-11-2006 06:32 PM

are you wearing a bikini while trying to start it?

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFire
are you wearing a bikini while trying to start it?

Yes. Yes I was. I was also in high heels. Damn lawncutter thingamajigs.

Skip Towne 09-11-2006 06:39 PM

Sounds like the magneto. Take the spark plug out and (leaving the wire attached) lay it on the metal head. Crank it and see if it sparks. If not, it is the magneto. If it does it is a fuel problem. Where is your big, strong man?

JimNasium 09-11-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Sounds like the magneto. Take the spark plug out and (leaving the wire attached) lay it on the metal head. Crank it and see if it sparks. If not, it is the magneto. If it does it is a fuel problem. Where is your big, strong man?

Drinking a beer and hanging with my kids dumbass. Jenny does all of the hard labor.

Skip Towne 09-11-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
Drinking a beer and hanging with my kids dumbass. Jenny does all of the hard labor.

Reminds me of the story about how, before the white men got here, the women did all the work while the men hunted and fished all day. Then we came along and "fixed it".

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium

God that ain't no joke. Lockjaw and tennis elbow sucks. Especially at the same time.

mlyonsd 09-11-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

I'd add when you pull the plug after trying to start it several times check to see if the plug is soaking wet with gas or bone dry. If it's bone dry you're not getting gas to the plug.

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

I checked the old spark plug last night like you said here, and it sparked. So can premium really mess things up?

Jenny Gump 09-11-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd
I'd add when you pull the plug after trying to start it several times check to see if the plug is soaking wet with gas or bone dry. If it's bone dry you're not getting gas to the plug.

Its wet.

JimNasium 09-11-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny Gump
God that ain't no joke. Lockjaw and tennis elbow sucks. Especially at the same time.

Don't you have some cooking or laundry to do? Us men are trying to talk here.