ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Disappointed in McCluster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234951)

BossChief 10-10-2010 08:55 PM

Dude, if you dont at least try to stretch the field, you can put Wes Welker himself on this offense and he would have a hard time getting open because everyone in coverage is playing it short.

OnTheWarpath15 10-10-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7078669)
Maybe you should. I have. Riddle me this, Batman; How did Bowe catch 86 in his second season? This is how 'God awful' our QB is.

Partly because he was targeted 157 times. Most teams throw their WR1 the ball.

He's going to be lucky to be targeted that many times in 2009/2010 COMBINED.

milkman 10-10-2010 08:55 PM

The reality is that receicvers in their first year rarely make an impact.

It usually takes a season for them to start to get it, and McCluster is transitioning back to receiver after being converted from WR to RB in college, so expecting him to come into the league and make an immediate splash is a bit unrealistic.

Valiant 10-10-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7078686)
The OP is about being disappointed in McCluster as a receiver. There are 1 Million post about Cassel sucking as a QB.

What part do you not get?

And then you countered saying it is either QB or WR, choose??

He is saying it is both..

Hammock Parties 10-10-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7078681)
I'm sure its just a coincidence that Bowe got a lot worse when we acquired Cassel.

LMAO

Bowe caught 4.3 balls per game last year. That's not THAT far off his career average.

Hell, it'd be something just to see Cassel overthrew McCluster after he had toasted a defensive back. That would at least prove he can, you know, fill his job description as a wide receiver?

Nada.

Three7s 10-10-2010 08:57 PM

The whole offense was shit today, not just McCluster.

KCBOSS1 10-10-2010 08:58 PM

The deal is that he looks like no leader (Cassel), he has a lame arm and looks like he feels like a back up quarterback all of the time. I can't believe we are under this contract with this guy. We do need another receiver besides bowe. He hasn't played well, but he doesn't have confidence in Cassel to get the ball to him anyway. That was a terrible drop today. Check out how McNabb makes all of his receivers look like pro bowlers. He's the leader. Cassel does look like he has the confidence of any of the other players.

KCBOSS1 10-10-2010 08:58 PM

He will have competition next year.

DeezNutz 10-10-2010 08:59 PM

I'm confused because I thought we proclaimed our second round to be a ****ing HR after game one? Now, after our fourth game, we're worried?

Reactionary much?

OnTheWarpath15 10-10-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7078710)
I'm confused because I thought we proclaimed our second round to be a ****ing HR after game one? Now, after our fourth game, we're worried?

Reactionary much?

LMAO

jspchief 10-10-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7078686)
The OP is about being disappointed in McCluster as a receiver. There are 1 Million post about Cassel sucking as a QB.

What part do you not get?

The part I don't get is the part where you seem to think it has to be one or the other, and can't be a combination two or more things.

This isn't a fucking SAT question, where there is only 1 right answer.

Let me try to rephrase the question so the simple people can play too. Sorry, there's no Crayola font, so try to keep up....

We all know that Castle sucks enough to bring down his teammates, but Moeaki has shown that it's still possible to at least be noticeable as a receiver. It's disappointing that McCluster hasn't shown the same ability yet.

Bowser 10-10-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7078710)

Reactionary much?

"It's a process"

RealSNR 10-10-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7078697)
Bowe caught 4.3 balls per game last year. That's not THAT far off his career average.

Hell, it'd be something just to see Cassel overthrew McCluster after he had toasted a defensive back. That would at least prove he can, you know, fill his job description as a wide receiver?

Nada.

I thought his job was to be Wes Welker on this offense?

RustShack 10-10-2010 09:01 PM

We will never see McCluster get a downfield pass unless its drawn up and hes the go to guy. He could be open down the field, but never gets its thrown that way because Cassel doesn't go through his progressions. Also, you need a WR who can stretch the field for WR's like McCluster to be successful. Even if we were to find that WR who can stretch the field, we don't have a QB who can and hit that receiver.

TheGuardian 10-10-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7078635)
Bla bla bla, he's a playmaker, he has two touchdowns already, whatever.

He has seven catches for 93 yards. 1/3 of that yardage came on one play. At least two of those are screen passes I believe.

That ****ing sucks.

This guy needs to be a threat as a WIDE RECEIVER. He hasnt made a single play down the field. I'm not even talking 20 yards. How about 10? How about coming off the line, putting your foot in the ground, getting open and giving Cassel a target?

I'm not willing to accept the idea that Cassel is so god awful he makes all our wide receivers look terrible.

McCluster hasn't done shit yet. And he was utter garbage in Indy.

Don't buy any of his ****ing t-shirts.

You're writing this after his 4th game of his rookie year?

It's like you ****ers never learn.