ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303024)

Bowser 11-04-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13865758)
I wonder how they managed to let that time line ****up happen with Maul? If you've been following Rebels and Clone Wars you can see that it clearly doesn't add up.

Yeah. I suppose that in that holo talk he and Q'ira were having at the end, he could have had his mechanical legs already? I have no idea when Solo takes place as in relation with Clone Wars and Rebels, though....

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13865771)
Yeah. I suppose that in that holo talk he and Q'ira were having at the end, he could have had his mechanical legs already? I have no idea when Solo takes place as in relation with Clone Wars and Rebels, though....

By the time of Rebels, he has no galactic power of any sort, much less an affiliation with any kind of crime organization.

notorious 11-04-2018 10:57 AM

Don’t know why they needed to tie Maul to any of this. I didn’t like that part.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13865878)
Don’t know why they needed to tie Maul to any of this. I didn’t like that part.

It was a half-assed attempt at an "ooh-ahh" that made zero sense. I don't know why they didn't just go with black sun and then show someone like prince xizor at the end? Real SW fans( at whom these movies are targeted ) would have loved that shit.

Chiefspants 11-04-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13865929)
It was a half-assed attempt at an "ooh-ahh" that made zero sense. I don't know why they didn't just go with black sun and then show someone like prince xizor at the end? Real SW fans( at whom these movies are targeted ) would have loved that shit.

Likely it was a set-up for the Obi-Wan movie - as previous works have Maul surviving from his hate for Kenobi.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13866425)
Likely it was a set-up for the Obi-Wan movie - as previous works have Maul surviving from his hate for Kenobi.

I fail to see how when Obi-Wan killed Maul in season 3 of rebels.

Chiefspants 11-04-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13867666)
I fail to see how when Obi-Wan killed Maul in season 3 of rebels.

Disney has so far shown zero regard for keeping the canon consistent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13868446)
Disney has so far shown zero regard for keeping the canon consistent.

That's why they purged the entire EU? They've actually been on it pretty tight with the exception of this one mistake.

Chiefspants 11-04-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13868619)
That's why they purged the entire EU? They've actually been on it pretty tight with the exception of this one mistake.

I think they make their exceptions when itís convenient.

Why bring in Maul if they didnít plan to take that storyline somewhere?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-04-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13869561)
I think they make their exceptions when itís convenient.

Why bring in Maul if they didnít plan to take that storyline somewhere?

They'll probably try to pry it into a Vader film or trilogy. Just more disregard for the GOOD work done by people not named JJ or KK.

Discuss Thrower 01-16-2019 09:40 PM

Just finished Solo, though I wasn't paying close attention during the Corellia scenes I got the gist of what was up.

Liked this one a lot -the tone, the cast, the cinematography and the plot -it was all good. The whole SJW droid angle was hamfisted but at least they kind of lampshaded it with Lando's reactions.

Won't bother seeing TLJ given what I've seen through spoilers, but I can't help but think the Mouse could have avoided some of the backlash had they followed R1 with Solo.

Carr4MVP 01-20-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 13615003)
So what you're saying is, in best defense to the haters, that the best we can say is these movies are carbon-copy ripoffs of earlier ones. :shrug:

The inherent problem is that none of this "mythology" really warranted keeping a storyline alive for umpteen movies. Lucas hit gold with the first film in 1977 by stealing a western samurai romance plot and covering it in outer-space trappings and cutting-edge (for the time) effects. But, honestly, the Star Wars world doesn't have anything going for it that warrants continuous re-telling and continuous new movies. "Star Trek" had underlying themes of exploration and humanity seeking out other cultures. The Marvel universe tells stories of different beings with different powers and backstories. "Star Wars" just has lightsabers and pew-pew-pew going for it. I was 10 years old when the first film came out, and it will always be my favorite film ever, but there was nothing there to call for so many sequels telling the same stories with the same plot devices.

This post might be the best explanation on Star Wars.

BleedingRed 01-21-2019 10:13 PM

Are you kidding me? This movie was better than I thought after watching in Netflix.

That being said I really want a Darth Vader going around galaxies killing Jedi movie

eDave 01-22-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14062527)
Are you kidding me? This movie was better than I thought after watching in Netflix.

That being said I really want a Darth Vader going around galaxies killing Jedi movie

I watched it last week on a Delta flight and I thought it was awful. Dialogue and pace ruined it for me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.