ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Zebedee DuBois 09-08-2013 08:16 PM

The photo of the cash in the barrel sent to Walt was brilliant. The scene of the high speed confession was great. All the evidence dies with Hank and Gomez, and Walt goes back to being an employee....and you know how he feels about that role.

Lex Luthor 09-08-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 9954473)
I'm sorry but that episode sucked and this show is ending with a thud. Walt would not be stupid enough to fall for that stupid ploy.

I respectfully disagree. It was a great episode that ended too soon.

siberian khatru 09-08-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry but that episode sucked and this show is ending with a thud. Walt would not be stupid enough to fall for that stupid ploy.

Eh, Walt's out of the biz and getting panicky/sloppy. I can see that.

cosmo20002 09-08-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

It thought it was a pretty good ploy. The GPS in the rental is believable, and he had the pic of the $ in the barrel. I think it is reasonable.

Zebedee DuBois 09-08-2013 08:24 PM

Marie and Hank got to say 'I love you' one last time. sweet touch

eazyb81 09-08-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9954525)
It thought it was a pretty good ploy. The GPS in the rental is believable, and he had the pic of the $ in the barrel. I think it is reasonable.

Walt was checking every car for trackers during this period. The guy was paranoid as hell. But the one car he doesn't check is the one where he is going to hide the cash that makes the last year's hell ride worth it? Sorry, that seems ridiculous to me. I can't believe Walt wouldn't make every effort to make sure that car was clean before using it to hide his money.

Zebedee DuBois 09-08-2013 08:27 PM

Walt has gotten sloppy when he could no longer insulate those he considered 'family' from those he considered 'expendable resources' His conflicted loyalties affect his decisions.

NewChief 09-08-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 9954542)
Walt was checking every car for trackers during this period. The guy was paranoid as hell. But the one car he doesn't check is the one where he is going to hide the cash that makes the last year's hell ride worth it? Sorry, that seems ridiculous to me. I can't believe Walt wouldn't make every effort to make sure that car was clean before using it to hide his money.

I mentioned way back when that episode aired that it was weird that they didn't show Walt checking for GPS and said I felt that was a weird omission. For whatever reason, he didn't, though, and now we know why they had him not check it.

As for his actions tonight: completely believable and let up to brilliantly. Jesse played him because he figured out his Achilles heel: his money. Once that trigger got tripped, Walt lost his shit.

Can't wait to see how they tie it all up.

cosmo20002 09-08-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9954595)
I mentioned way back when that episode aired that it was weird that they didn't show Walt checking for GPS. For whatever reason, he didn't.

As for his actions tonight: completely believable and let up to brilliantly. Jesse played him because he figured out his Achilles heel: his money. Once that trigger got tripped, Walt lost his shit.

Can't wait to see how they tie it all up.

But there was actually no GPS in the rental. If he checked, he wouldn't have found one. And then when he was later told there was GPS, he assumed he missed it. Anyway, the GPS wouldn't have been the type stuck up under the wheel like they have been showing. It would have been something installed in the car by the car maker or the car rental place. He probably didn't think about that type anyway.

Stanley Nickels 09-08-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9954643)
But there was actually no GPS in the rental. If he checked, he wouldn't have found one. And then when he was later told there was GPS, he assumed he missed it. Anyway, the GPS wouldn't have been the type stuck up under the wheel like they have been showing. It would have been something installed in the car by the car maker or the car rental place. He probably didn't think about that type anyway.

Spoiler!

NewChief 09-08-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9954643)

Good point.

Zebedee DuBois 09-08-2013 08:43 PM

Also, he was in a huge hurry to move the cash, as he thought his wife was selling him out to his brother in law. He assumed the rental was clean and not going to be traced back to him since he had someone else rent it.

Zebedee DuBois 09-08-2013 08:46 PM

Did Jesse slip away?

siberian khatru 09-08-2013 08:46 PM

Oh, you Vince Gilligan:

* "X-Files" shout-out: the van rental company is Lariat, which was the name of the company Mulder and Scully always got their cars from.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...5YQqISpGCfr.99

cosmo20002 09-08-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 9954671)
Also, he was in a huge hurry to move the cash, as he thought his wife was selling him out to his brother in law. He assumed the rental was clean and not going to be traced back to him since he had someone else rent it.

The rental was clean.