ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Russell Wilson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268850)

lewdog 01-13-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9315661)
It just goes to show, there are good QBs later on in the draft if your personnel people can find them.

We already have our Ricky Stanzi. So if you are suggesting we don't take a QB with the #1 pick, I suggest deactivating your account.

TimeForWasp 01-13-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9315667)
We already have our Ricky Stanzi. So if you are suggesting we don't take a QB with the #1 pick, I suggest deactivating your account.

I am not suggesting that because I'm doubting there will be good trade partners this year. If we can't get a good trade I would be for reaching for Geno.

I am imagining a blockbuster trade though.

aturnis 01-13-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9315661)
It just goes to show, there are good QBs later on in the draft if everyone passes on them b/c they're small.

Fixed it.

mlyonsd 01-13-2013 07:00 PM

You got a winner there Joe.

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9315653)
Yup, his upside is higher than Kaepernick because he demonstrates great pocket awareness and is definitely a throw first QB. Kaep will be easier to game plan for, IMO, because he looks to run first.

Eh, Kaepernick definitely looks to pass first. He just takes off whenever he sees a surplus if green in front of him; and why shouldn't he?

mcaj22 01-13-2013 07:01 PM

this guy has amazing pocket awareness

and that bozo at Wisconsin fell ass backwards into him to when he transferred there. (oddly enough helping him get a job in the SEC)

Russel Wilson is a very good player of the game of football

Hootie 01-13-2013 07:02 PM

I don't know who I'd take...Rodgers or Wilson.

Honest to God.

Those are the two QB's I'd pick first to build a team around.

lewdog 01-13-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9315703)
Eh, Kaepernick definitely looks to pass first. He just takes off whenever he sees a surplus if green in front of him; and why shouldn't he?

Sure but if I was defense game planning to make either QB a pocket passer and taking away running lanes, I would be much more fearful of Wilson's skills as a pocket QB. His downfield ball is very accurate.

ChiefGator 01-13-2013 07:06 PM

Congrats on a good run with a rookie QB...

tk13 01-13-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9315706)
I don't know who I'd take...Rodgers or Wilson.

Honest to God.

Those are the two QB's I'd pick first to build a team around.

I'll take Luck.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-13-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9315717)
I'll take Luck.

Wilson had a better year against tougher competition, but he did have a better defense and running back, although Luck's receivers are better.

Luck is obviously the more traditional player, and he showed he can take a beating and still play well. I think it's pretty close.

tk13 01-13-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9315729)
Wilson had a better year against tougher competition, but he did have a better defense and running back, although Luck's receivers are better.

Luck is obviously the more traditional player, and he showed he can take a beating and still play well. I think it's pretty close.

Seattle had a top 5 defense and running game. There's a pretty good history of rookie QB's doing well in those situations (Roethlisberger, Sanchez). Wilson had a bigger part in their success than those other guys though, no doubt.

But Luck had nothing like that, set a rookie passing record for yards, had seven 4th quarter game winning drives, and led a 2-14 team to 11-5. People are so ga-ga with the running QB's they don't realize the amazing things he did this year. I'm pretty sure Luck led the league in 4th quarter winning drives. That's amazing.

Hootie 01-13-2013 07:18 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Luck BUT

Wilson just...wow. That's all I can say. He does everything amazing well. He can run, he can extend plays, he always keeps his head down field, he has AMAZING accuracy, he has good arm strength, he has incredible poise, he has brass balls...

He's the new freaking Tom Brady.

3rd round pick? Are you kidding me? OMG I'm so jealous. The display he put on today, as a rookie, was unbelievable. Shit, that was one of the best QB'd 2nd halves I've ever seen in my life. Even in the 1st half he was pretty damn good despite no points.

That is the most impressed I've been with a QB since Rodgers lost a game to Warner in the playoffs the Arizona year. Rodgers, even in a loss, was unbelievable.

Today, Wilson was outstanding. OMG

I don't think anyone has more talent than that guy. Bleacher report LMAO

Hootie 01-13-2013 07:21 PM

I was called reactionary today but I simply believe Wilson is better than Luck. I'd honestly take Wilson over every QB in the NFL right now. Him or Rodgers. That's who I'd build a franchise around if I was given that luxury.

can't say enough about him, the Seahawks and Pete Carrol. That was the most impressive loss I've seen in recent history.

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Incredible finish. Shame to lose so narrowly, but the future looks promising!