ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The list of 85 by Roastmaster Saul Good. And hey, it's actually saul good. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273212)

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9716329)
Here is where society is ****ed up today. We (people in general) think you have to be a celebrity to make your mark in this world. I'd rather raise a daughter to be the next Clara Barton than Paris Hilton.

I have to somewhat disagree

I'd aim to raise my daughter to be the next Ameila Earhart (lesbian rumors be damned) than a Paris Hilton, but I know if I were raising a girl she'd have a much more fullfilling life winding up like Paris Hilton than an boring housewife. I'd put my daughters happiness over what I'd like her to be, if I had one.

luv 05-29-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9716335)

I'd aim to raise my daughter to be the next Ameila Earhart (lesbian rumors be damned) than a Paris Hilton, but I know if I were raising a girl she'd have a much more fullfilling life winding up like Paris Hilton than an boring housewife. I'd put my daughters happiness over what I'd like her to be, if I had one.

What if she's fulfilled being a "boring housewife"?

rockymtnchief 05-29-2013 09:55 AM

Clara Barton was no housewife. Because of her, millions of lives have been saved. You don't think your daughter would find happiness in that? Obviously, your definition of "fullfilling" and mine are vastly different.

lcarus 05-29-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9716339)

Hey quit throwing wrenches in people's gears! :p

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9716339)

than that's what i'd want her to do - duh

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9716340)
Clara Barton was no housewife. Because of her, millions of lives have been saved. You don't think your daughter would find happiness in that? Obviously, your definition of "fullfilling" and mine are vastly different.

i know i know, i dismissed Clara Burton as part of my response in favor of someone more "anonymous" (a boring housewife). my point was i'd rather my daughter be famous and happy and undignified (if that's what she wanted) than anonymous and noble, my bad for the bad communication.

Thig Lyfe 05-29-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9716235)
Are you cheating on LJS with Spangles m-m-m-muuudsliiiides? Spangles just taste better.

Or does LJS have m-m-m-muuudsliiiides?

LJS for dinner, Spangles for desert, Pottery Barn to take the consequent dump in style

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9716342)
Hey quit throwing wrenches in people's gears! :p

that's a hell of an avatar, i've been yearning to taste one of those for 21 years now...why oh why must you tempt me with things i can longer have?

Thig Lyfe 05-29-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9716335)

Whoa, you'd want your daughter to be happy and successful EVEN IF SHE WERE A LESBIAN???

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9716350)
Whoa, you'd want your daughter to be happy and successful EVEN IF SHE WERE A LESBIAN???

that "Father Of The Year" award shines bright on my horizon. that's THE stand up reason, isn't it?

lcarus 05-29-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9716349)
that's a hell of an avatar, i've been yearning to taste one of those for 21 years now...why oh why must you tempt me with things i can longer have?

Thanks. Yeah I sent Minute Maid a message on their FB page suggesting they bring back the Ecto Cooler. They replied and said "We no longer make that flavor, but try our Orange or Fruit Punch! :)" That really pissed me off. I said "I don't want your shitty orange or fruit punch. I want the god damn Ecto Cooler. What's the point of this FB page if you're just gonna shit on consumers suggestions?" They deleted the post pretty quick and then started ranting about their lemonade flavor being "PERFECT for any summer job!". ****ing prickholes.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-29-2013 10:09 AM

You know what really grinds my gears?

Backwards Masking 05-29-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9716361)
Thanks. Yeah I sent Minute Maid a message on their FB page suggesting they bring back the Ecto Cooler. They replied and said "We no longer make that flavor, but try our Orange or Fruit Punch! :)" That really pissed me off. I said "I don't want your shitty orange or fruit punch. I want the god damn Ecto Cooler. What's the point of this FB page if you're just gonna shit on consumers suggestions?" They deleted the post pretty quick and then started ranting about their lemonade flavor being "PERFECT for any summer job!". ****ing prickholes.

what a bunch of assholes, not to mention shitty businessmen

it's like a zoo telling you they don't have time to display lions, rhinos and elephants, but you should get over that because they have a nifty dog and pony show.

the customers always right....unless your minute maid's customer

Hootie 05-29-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9716268)
It's roughly the same funny as the 101 list but I think I'm going to give it the nod simply because it's not overhyped.

I just think it's funny how much I get to you. Why don't you just ignore me? You're the mature, father figure of the board, no?

tooge 05-29-2013 10:12 AM

Paris Hilton has been fulfilled so many times, she's got splooge draining out her ears. I'll take the housewife for my daughter over that.