ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft It is safe to assume that we will not draft Joeckel. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270067)

O.city 02-16-2013 07:08 PM

If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408506)
If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2013 07:44 PM

i think the key word is "definite". There is still more defining to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-16-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9408508)
Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

I'm just trying to brainstorm what they're thinking. I guess Milliner could come into play, but if it's not Joeckel, it's Star or ?

RealSNR 02-16-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't ****ing understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

O.city 02-16-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9408653)
I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't ****ing understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

We know they want to, dunno if they will.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

If Star can develop some pass rushing skills

LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

O.city 02-16-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408726)
LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

Fine. Then who are we taking there?

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408728)

Just pass on the ****ing pick. Let's become the court jester of the NFL.

O.city 02-16-2013 08:19 PM

Maybe Sheldon Ri.............I can't even get that out. I just can't take him at 1.

milkman 02-16-2013 08:28 PM

Chance Warmack, FTMFW MFers.

Bewbies 02-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Young (Post 9424770)
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Please post this spam from your site in more threads please!!

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Young (Post 9424770)
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Joeckel isn't "drafting for the future" anymore than signing Albert is.

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

Drafting Luke Joeckel is one thing, though.

STUPID.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408728)

Geno.

Get some gauze and stop the bleeding my man.

suds79 02-22-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424803)
Joeckel isn't "drafting for the future" anymore than signing Albert is.

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

Drafting Luke Joeckel is one thing, though.

STUPID.

This.

I freaking wish people or draft gurus wouldn't stop acting like it's impossible for O-linemen to bust.

How many times have we heard "Draft this guy and you're set at (Tackel, Guard, Center) for the next 10 years."

That's ridiculous.