ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Legend of Bob Sanders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197588)

Rain Man 11-30-2008 12:51 PM

The Legend of Bob Sanders

I just turned on the Browns-Colts game, and they mentioned some young Colts player who was excited about playing for the Colts because "his favorite player, Bob Sanders, is on the team".

I looked for Bob Sanders, and sure enough, he's not playing. I'm starting to question whether Bob Sanders exists, or if he's a Sidd Finch legend. I don't know how many Colts games I've seen in the past five years, but in every game the announcers talk about how amazing Bob Sanders is, and it's too bad that he's injured and not playing today.

I want to solve this mystery. Has anyone ever seen Bob Sanders? Seen a photo of him? I think there's a reason that he has a very common name. I think the NFL created "Bob Sanders" to rekindle interest in defense.

Some quotes I think I've heard over the past few years:

Terry Bradshaw: "I once saw Bob Sanders slice a man in two. He hit him in the middle and the guy just broke. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

Dan Dierdorf: "What about that game a few years back where Bob Sanders had 12 interceptions? That's still the most amazing defensive performance I've ever seen. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

Bob Costas: "That Giants catch in the Super Bowl was amazing, but it was nothing compared to Bob Sanders' performance against Minnesota in 2005. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

MIAdragon 11-30-2008 12:52 PM

LMAO

SAUTO 11-30-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5258518)
I just turned on the Browns-Colts game, and they mentioned some young Colts player who was excited about playing for the Colts because "his favorite player, Bob Sanders, is on the team".

I looked for Bob Sanders, and sure enough, he's not playing. I'm starting to question whether Bob Sanders exists, or if he's a Sidd Finch legend. I don't know how many Colts games I've seen in the past five years, but in every game the announcers talk about how amazing Bob Sanders is, and it's too bad that he's injured and not playing today.

I want to solve this mystery. Has anyone ever seen Bob Sanders? Seen a photo of him? I think there's a reason that he has a very common name. I think the NFL created "Bob Sanders" to rekindle interest in defense.

Some quotes I think I've heard over the past few years:

Terry Bradshaw: "I once saw Bob Sanders slice a man in two. He hit him in the middle and the guy just broke. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

Dan Dierdorf: "What about that game a few years back where Bob Sanders had 12 interceptions? That's still the most amazing defensive performance I've ever seen. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

Bob Costas: "That Giants catch in the Super Bowl was amazing, but it was nothing compared to Bob Sanders' performance against Minnesota in 2005. It's too bad that he's out with that injury today."

ROFLROFL

TrickyNicky 11-30-2008 12:53 PM

Absolutely agree with everything you just typed.

He is the greatest safety to play 3/5'ths of his career, ever.

Fish 11-30-2008 12:55 PM

I ♥ Bob Sanders....

And yes, he's everything you've ever heard. Ever.

He's real. I didn't actually see him, but my buddy did.

Rain Man 11-30-2008 12:55 PM

He's the greatest safety who never played the game.

JuicesFlowing 11-30-2008 01:00 PM

"Isn't he that fast food chicken guy?"

Deberg_1990 11-30-2008 01:01 PM

Its too bad he wasnt really drafted 5 spots after Siavii.

Bwana 11-30-2008 01:01 PM

Even Chuck Norris and Rich Scanlon run when Bob Sanders enters a room.

SAUTO 11-30-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5258539)
Even Chuck Norris and Rich Scanlon run when Bob Sanders enters a room.

:D

TrickyNicky 11-30-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5258538)
Its too bad he wasnt really drafted 5 spots after Siavii.

He wasn't drafted. He was immaculately conceived by Ronnie Lott and raised by Night Train.

Rain Man 11-30-2008 01:05 PM

It's no coincidence that "Bob Sanders" has a name that reminds people of Barry Sanders. "Bob Sanders" is perhaps the greatest marketing gimmick ever.

TRR 11-30-2008 01:32 PM

His real name is actually Demond...But he goes by Bob.

Maybe another ploy?

(In all seriousness, he was an amzing player at Iowa, but i've never really bought into the hype of his NFL career.)

ArrowheadHawk 11-30-2008 01:36 PM

Bob Sanders > Chuck Norris.

Blankey 11-30-2008 01:38 PM

I've seen him and Bill Brasky kill a pack of lions with a plastic spoon.