ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ty Law in contract negotiations with Pats/ Cards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141866)

recxjake 06-06-2006 08:36 AM

Ty Law in contract negotiations with Pats/ Cards

nychief 06-06-2006 08:38 AM

let the lenny walls "era" begin.

sigh.

Archie Bunker 06-06-2006 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recxjake
maybe he will end up being a good surprise?!

I think he will be a surprise. He played well under Gibbs in Denver and with his height he could be a weapon in the Cover 2.

hypersensitiveZO6 06-06-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I think he will be a surprise. He played well under Gibbs in Denver and with his height he could be a weapon in the Cover 2.

Who knows? Maybe him and Griffin will pull an Eddie Kennison. :shrug:

KCTitus 06-06-2006 09:01 AM

Ok, so let's see...

Arizona who has about eleventy billion under the cap is in negotiations with Law and...what's that? Now NE wants to negotiate too? Hmm...

Can you say 'driving up the price?'...

I hope he gets what he wants in Arizona..it's where a lot of vets go to retire.

BucEyedPea 06-06-2006 09:22 AM

WoW! Last I read he was leaning toward the Chiefs.
Glad to hear he is still talkin' with NE.

chagrin 06-06-2006 09:24 AM

Beaver County, heh heh

tomahawk kid 06-06-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Ok, so let's see...

Arizona who has about eleventy billion under the cap is in negotiations with Law and...what's that? Now NE wants to negotiate too? Hmm...

WOW. It's like you've bugged the Poston's offices.

"Driving up the Price" is right.

cadmonkey 06-06-2006 09:53 AM

No one is going to pay him what he is asking for. Not even the cards. He'll end up here in New England simply because is he has to settle for the money teams are willing to give him, he may as well go to the team he knows the best and has a home already.

Amnorix 06-06-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
No one is going to pay him what he is asking for. Not even the cards. He'll end up here in New England simply because is he has to settle for the money teams are willing to give him, he may as well go to the team he knows the best and has a home already.

I wonder how he feels now about how the Pats insulted him with a measly 4 year, $26M that they offered him after the '04 season?

vailpass 06-06-2006 10:04 AM

Whether Ty "past my prime" Law signs with Arizona or not I am still going to go see a few Cardinals games this year.
New stadium + consecutive excellent drafts + strong FA season makes this the first year that I have even been remotely intersted in buying a ticket.

morphius 06-06-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Ok, so let's see...

Yeah, the fact that he had to cancel an appearnce because of it is even more fishy. His agent is hanedling talking to the other team, and its not like there is suddenly a huge rush that he must get signed today. TC isn't for a little while, and I don't know what, if any, practices there are before then. Just seems like a get his name heard plan.

Of course if he signs in the next 2 days I will come back and say I'm wrong, but I'm just having a hard time buying it.

cadmonkey 06-06-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
I wonder how he feels now about how the Pats insulted him with a measly 4 year, $26M that they offered him after the '04 season?

he would still say its an insult.

whaaaaaaaaaaaa, boooooo, hooooooooooooo!!!

Stinger 06-06-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
Whether Ty "past my prime" Law signs with Arizona or not I am still going to go see a few Cardinals games this year.
New stadium + consecutive excellent drafts + strong FA season makes this the first year that I have even been remotely intersted in buying a ticket.

I agree they have had a couple of good drafts and Denny Green seems to have gotten them on the right track. IMO Ty would be a good addition to that Defense.

Bob Dole 06-06-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
Yeah, the fact that he had to cancel an appearnce because of it is even more fishy. His agent is hanedling talking to the other team, and its not like there is suddenly a huge rush that he must get signed today. TC isn't for a little while, and I don't know what, if any, practices there are before then. Just seems like a get his name heard plan.

Of course if he signs in the next 2 days I will come back and say I'm wrong, but I'm just having a hard time buying it.

Bob Dole had the same thought as he read the report.

Does he not have an agent?