ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Poison Ivy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284798)

KCrockaholic 07-04-2014 01:32 PM

Poison Ivy

How allergic are you to it?

I got it again. When I was younger I would have it for all 12 months at times. Highly allergic. Eyes swollen shut and things like that.

It's been 8 years, but I managed to get it again, although I'm not surprised. I knew I was going to get when I was in a certain situation at work.

What do you do to help relieve the ivy or kill the shit so it doesn't last a full two weeks under your skin?

Rasputin 07-04-2014 01:34 PM

Quit wiping your ass with it!

KCrockaholic 07-04-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10730654)
Quit wiping your ass with it!

Yeah I've had it on my ass and ass cheeks. Dick as well. Basically every square inch of my body I've had it at one time.

cosmo20002 07-04-2014 01:48 PM

Strong men aren't allergic to stuff.
It's about being further evolved than most and having an immune system that doesn't freak out about harmless intruders. Allergic to poison ivy? It is allergic to me.

KCrockaholic 07-04-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10730675)
Strong men aren't allergic to stuff.
It's about being further evolved than most and having an immune system that doesn't freak out about harmless intruders. Allergic to poison ivy? It is allergic to me.

Half of all people are allergic to poison ivy. Most of them just don't know it because they're city boy panzy asses who never get close enough to things like poison ivy.

On another note, I better never see you complaining about being sick or having stomach cramps. Be more evolved than that.

LoneWolf 07-04-2014 02:05 PM

I wash the area with Dawn dish soap, pour rubbing alcohol over it, and cover with Calamine lotion. It's all about removing the oil when it comes to Poison Ivy.

Renegade 07-04-2014 02:08 PM

Wash with soap right away, take benadryll, and rub anit itch cream (or lotion) on the area. Works like a charm for me, and I have had it all my life

Lonewolf Ed 07-04-2014 02:14 PM

All I have to do is hear the words or read them, and I start to itch. It is the bane of my existence.

Donger 07-04-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10730652)
How allergic are you to it?

I got it again. When I was younger I would have it for all 12 months at times. Highly allergic. Eyes swollen shut and things like that.

It's been 8 years, but I managed to get it again, although I'm not surprised. I knew I was going to get when I was in a certain situation at work.

What do you do to help relieve the ivy or kill the shit so it doesn't last a full two weeks under your skin?

Do you not know what poison ivy looks like or something?

huffmd15 07-04-2014 02:17 PM

Draw a hot bath and put at least a cup of bleach in the water. Take a good stiff scrubber in the tub with ya and go to town.

You'll hate life, but the poison ivy will be the last thing you're worried about.

Bugeater 07-04-2014 02:17 PM

I've never had it.

eDave 07-04-2014 02:21 PM

I used to get poison ivy really, really bad. Swollen eyes, crusted up/scabby nostrils. Ultimately got it all over my dick too (gotta piss). It was just awful and would cry my eyes out every time I got it. Augh. Hate thinking about it.

My mom found some medicine which was in a small vial and I put it in OJ and drank it down. Worked great and seemed to build up my immunity.

Sorry that I cannot remember the name but a pharmacist would surely know.

Wash your hands before you piss.

KCrockaholic 07-04-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffmd15 (Post 10730711)
Draw a hot bath and put at least a cup of bleach in the water. Take a good stiff scrubber in the tub with ya and go to town.

You'll hate life, but the poison ivy will be the last thing you're worried about.

This sounds like a horrible idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10730716)
I used to get poison ivy really, really bad. Swollen eyes, crusted up/scabby nostrils. Ultimately got it all over my dick too (gotta piss). It was just awful and would cry my eyes out every time I got it. Augh. Hate thinking about it.

My mom found some medicine which was in a small vial and I put it in OJ and drank it down. Worked great and seemed to build up my immunity.

Sorry that I cannot remember the name but a pharmacist would surely know.

Wash your hands before you piss.

Dammit. I need that vial.

KCrockaholic 07-04-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10730710)
Do you not know what poison ivy looks like or something?

Really didn't have a choice in this case. It was work related. Although I did put on a full body suit and covered my face before entering the wooded area. And it got on the top of my foot. Now it's on the back of my legs. Not too bad yet. Just hoping it doesn't spread more.

huffmd15 07-04-2014 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=KCrockaholic;10730719]This sounds like a horrible idea.

It is a horrible idea. It's mostly for the entertainment of everyone else when you admit to making such a bad choice.