ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Royals vs Twins (4/13/14) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282971)

ChiTown 04-13-2014 09:56 AM

That said, I think we hit Correia today. Our bats have done well against him in the past.

alnorth 04-13-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 10559129)
Swap butler and perez

Thats the only change I'd make to this lineup.

DeezNutz 04-13-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10559165)
I'm for moving Gordon back to 2nd, Infante 3rd, Hosmer batting Cleanup, Perez batting 5th and Billy (the ground ball maker) to 6th. It's sounds reeruned, but FFS, shake this batting order - its not like we could get much worse in this series. We've scored a whooping 2 ****ing runs in 2 games.

Infante
Gordon
Perez
Hosmer
Cain
Moose
Butler
Aoki
Escobar

ChiTown 04-13-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10559184)
Infante
Gordon
Perez
Hosmer
Cain
Moose
Butler
Aoki
Escobar

I could live with that too.

ChiTown 04-13-2014 10:14 AM

By the way - not only are we the worst slugging % team in baseball, we are very marginal running the bases . 7 SB and we've been CS 5 times. THAT is a bad ****ing combo, and must change.

DeezNutz 04-13-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10559194)
By the way - not only are we the worst slugging % team in baseball, we are very marginal running the bases . 7 SB and we've been CS 5 times. THAT is a bad ****ing combo, and must change.

Really, really bad. 58% success = stop ****ing running.

But with the lack of overall power in the lineup, the team must run to have success.

Really, this is a win-win situation in many ways for fans. The team will either bounce back, play to its perceived potential and make the playoffs. Or, the Royals will continue to munch a shit burger and DM will be fired, with Yost soon to follow--he'll be Hermed--after the new GM comes on board.

No way those two clowns would be back if this turns into a debacle.

ChiTown 04-13-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10559205)

But with the lack of overall power in the lineup, the team must run to have success.

Really, this is a win-win situation in many ways for fans. The team will either bounce back, play to its perceived potential and make the playoffs. Or, the Royals will continue to munch a shit burger and DM will be fired, with Yost soon to follow--he'll be Hermed--after the new GM comes on board.

Then we can cheer on the next Dynamic Duo of Tards to lead us to 72 wins?:banghead:

ChiTown 04-13-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10559205)

Actually, this sets up perfect for our lame-assed Manager and GM. More than likely, we suck for the next 30+ days, make a comeback in June, sink in August, and play REALLY hard in September after we are out of it (yet again). Result: 81 wins while "battling a REALLY tough year with the lineup and pitching changes............"

**3 year extension granted by Team Walmart........... :#

DeezNutz 04-13-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10559209)
Then we can cheer on the next Dynamic Duo of Tards to lead us to 72 wins?:banghead:

Pretty much. The scary thing would be the possibility of Glass drastically cutting payroll and fans being sold the ****ing bullshit of another "youth movement."

DeezNutz 04-13-2014 10:30 AM

And, of shit to that edit.

It would be like Pioli being granted majority share of ownership of the Chiefs

ChiTown 04-13-2014 10:32 AM

I want to apologize to This Royals Game Thread. No need for me shitting up the game thread before the game starts. I'm just a REALLY jaded MF'r right now with how ****ed up this team looks. My bad.

DeezNutz 04-13-2014 10:39 AM

Laying a turd in MN is tough to reconcile, but otherwise, .500 against the starting pitching the Royals have seen thus far isn't horrible.

Even Rany took this optimistic approach in his latest update.

Three7s 04-13-2014 10:45 AM

With the current offense, they aren't winning 70.

mr. tegu 04-13-2014 10:50 AM

It sucks losing those two games in the way we did but really I would rather they lose like that instead of losing 2-1 in consecutive games.

The important thing is to not let a two game losing streak turn into losing 12 of 15. That is what killed us last season. Teams go in to little slumps but it can not become a weeks long effort of futility.

lewdog 04-13-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10559165)
I'm for moving Gordon back to 2nd, Infante 3rd, Hosmer batting Cleanup, Perez batting 5th and Billy (the ground ball maker) to 6th. It's sounds reeruned, but FFS, shake this batting order - its not like we could get much worse in this series. We've scored a whooping 2 ****ing runs in 2 games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10559184)
Infante
Gordon
Perez
Hosmer
Cain
Moose
Butler
Aoki
Escobar

I agree. Gordo seems to be our most consistent hitter, which isn't saying a ton. I think he fits the #2 hole nicely.

I could live with Deez lineup too although I'd give Billy until the end of April in the #3-6 spot before dropping him lower. I know I'll get shit for that.