ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

Jakemall 09-29-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10032759)
That pass to Bowe is exactly the kind of pass that Alex Smith needs to make, and Bowe needs to go after that ball.

I was really glad to see Alex go to Bowe again after blowing it on that play. It wasn't the once bitten twice shy Alex that we sometimes see.

WhiteWhale 09-29-2013 07:20 PM

One thing about this offense is REALLY frustrating me.

On running plays when the play is over you almost always see multiple KC blockers laying on the ground, and it's not because they cut block. They end up on the ground and they don't get up... they just lay until the whistle.

That's unacceptable. There was one Charles run that was a 2 yard loss and there were six blockers laying on the ground when the whistle blew. Charles was of course destroyed by about 4 guys. You can't block guys from your ass. If the run could provide any kind of threat throughout the game it could really open things up. I like that they actually run block when we're grinding out drives late in the game, but why don't they do that in the first 3 quarters?

This offense has potential to be better, and it falls on more than 1 guy.

Ace Gunner 09-29-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10033089)
One thing about this offense is REALLY frustrating me.

On running plays when the play is over you almost always see multiple KC blockers laying on the ground, and it's not because they cut block. They end up on the ground and they don't get up... they just lay until the whistle.

That's unacceptable. There was one Charles run that was a 2 yard loss and there were six blockers laying on the ground when the whistle blew. Charles was of course destroyed by about 4 guys. You can't block guys from your ass. If the run could provide any kind of threat throughout the game it could really open things up. I like that they actually run block when we're grinding out drives late in the game, but why don't they do that in the first 3 quarters?

This offense has potential to be better, and it falls on more than 1 guy.

it is odd, but LG Allen's replacement is improving the OL and the Stephenson replaced Fisher today. I think Stephenson helped quite a bit. It's time to consider sitting Fisher -- if nothing else, he needs to heal.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 08:08 PM

I had to work all day, had nothing but texts to go on, but it appears that Axl and the offense elevated themselves today.

Axl gets a break from me this week, and I shall wear my asshat proudly.

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033253)
I had to work all day, had nothing but texts to go on, but it appears that Axl and the offense elevated themselves today.

So, once again, you didn't watch the game because all the other jizz moppers called in sick.

**** you and your stupid ****ing uninformed bullshit "opinions".

Death by bukakke.

RealSNR 09-29-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10032693)
No one is going to want to see the Chiefs in the playoffs.

I unlike most, scoff at the idea that this is a regular season team that chokes in the playoffs.

This team has so much swag.......

You haven't been here very long, dude.

Andy Reid looks to have changed the culture, but past playoff failures are just too harrowing for this fanbase.

The next playoff win we get will come as a shock to us all. No matter WHO it is we beat in the playoffs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10033265)
So, once again, you didn't watch the game because all the other jizz moppers called in sick.

**** you and your stupid ****ing uninformed bullshit "opinions".

Death by bukakke.

Nah, I have a job that requires me to actually leave the house, as opposed to sitting around on my ass all day, posting non-stop on CP.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10033283)
You haven't been here very long, dude.

Andy Reid looks to have changed the culture, but past playoff failures are just too harrowing for this fanbase.

The next playoff win we get will come as a shock to us all. No matter WHO it is we beat in the playoffs.

Pretty much.

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033329)
Nah, I have a job that requires me to actually leave the house, as opposed to sitting around on my ass all day, posting non-stop on CP.

Yet, this "great" job doesn't afford you Direct TV, the Sunday Ticket or the ability to watch the games.

:rolleyes:

You average far more posts per day than I do and I actually watch the games and players that I comment upon.

Death by Bukkake.

PS - Your lover had two more INT's and two fumbles, one which led to an immediate TD.

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033334)
Pretty much.

It'll definitely be a shock to you because you'll be cleaning up sperm while the game is happening.

chiefzilla1501 09-29-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10032299)
Sorry to buck your theory, but nobody is asking to see Alex Smith throw bombs. All we've ever been talking about was making some of the deeper intermediate throws into tighter coverage that we saw during the game today. He has the arm and the accuracy for it, he's just been extremely conservative in his decision making. What he did today won't be anything but good for the offense going forward. It lets him build some confidence in his recievers, and vice versa, and it's something that now the teams down the road will see on tape, and know they have to account for. It's a very good wrinkle to add.

I agree, and I've been on the boat all the while. But there are still people on this board who are claiming that our wins are all on the defense (not as many this week... which is good). They've been a huge part of it, but I don't agree with selling short the QB because of it. There are people who treat "game manager" like some kind of a curse word. There are people who put QBs like Stafford on a pedestal because he lights up the scoreboard, yet can't seem to win games.

Alex Smith frustrates the hell out of me. But his performance the last 2 games makes me wonder if he's starting to grow the balls to be a good 4th quarter QB. And if he does that, then I really don't care how many chances he takes in the first 3 quarters as long as he continues to keep the team in games and knows how to close them.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-29-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10033347)
Yet, this "great" job doesn't afford you Direct TV, the Sunday Ticket or the ability to watch the games.

:rolleyes:

You average far more posts per day than I do and I actually watch the games and players that I comment upon.

Death by Bukkake.

PS - Your lover had two more INT's and two fumbles, one which led to an immediate TD.

I never said it was a great job, just a job. So, back to dogging on people's bank accounts again? You're a classy guy Dane.

Of course, you HAVE been doing the same goddamned schtick since I joined this board, so why should I be surprised? And frankly, I'm surprised you can "watch" much of anything, what with your head so far up your own ass.

As to Geno, he's young and learning but you knew this already. And yes, I'd still draft him with a 1.1 over Eric ****ing Fisher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10033351)
It'll definitely be a shock to you because you'll be cleaning up sperm while the game is happening.

ha-HA! Tell us about how you partied with "Danger-Danger"(!) back in the day, Dane! LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 09-29-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10033053)
I was really glad to see Alex go to Bowe again after blowing it on that play. It wasn't the once bitten twice shy Alex that we sometimes see.

when have we seen that Alex?

Jakemall 09-29-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10033433)
when have we seen that Alex?

Are you talking about his career or his career as a chief?

tonyetony 09-29-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10033253)

**** off prick. Don't even comment if you haven"t dvr'd it and watched the game.

Nuttin but a really slimy troll.