ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who is the nicest pro athlete you have ever met. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98186)

DT4everaChief 09-10-2004 09:00 PM

Who is the nicest pro athlete you have ever met.

I met Cal Ripken Jr a few years ago and he was totally cool.

Megbert 09-10-2004 09:06 PM

Will Sheilds a really nice guy.

Sure-Oz 09-10-2004 09:06 PM

My mom has met a few when working at her school...
She met Leslie O'neal, Donnell Bennett, Derrick Thomas (at a signing), Tamarick Vanover(at a jewelery store in indep.) again at Hy-Vee for a signing, Terry Shumpert(former Royal util man). She told me they were all very nice and kind, esp Leslie O'neal and Vanover. My mom has met more athletes then me, I just met Vanover at the Hy-vee signing. My grandma was a very close friend of george bretts and worked with the royals back when they were real good, she always talked about George. I miss her alot too, always brought royals stuff for me and the other kids during grandparents day. :(

Iowanian 09-10-2004 09:16 PM

Frank White.

Thig Lyfe 09-10-2004 09:17 PM

Buck O'Neill. Without a doubt.

Tony Richardson is incredibly nice as well.

siberian khatru 09-10-2004 09:17 PM

Stan Smith (tennis great from the 70s)
Ben Crenshaw (pro golfer)
Edwin Bailey (former Seattle Seahawks guard)

Phobia 09-10-2004 09:18 PM

Art Still and Dan Saleamua are a couple of my favorites. Not only are they incredibly nice, but they're a hoot as well.

Jan Stenrud was by far the most gracious of all the athletes I've met. He stopped talking to a couple of his former teammates and took and introduction from Walter White, then listened intently to everything I had to say about 37 Forever. I felt like he was sincere and genuinely cared what I was saying. A lot of athletes appear as though they're going through the motions and can't wait until you'll shutup and go away. Willie Lanier - the most uncool of them all. I jerk his chain every chance I get now. At the 101 banquet in March, I kept calling him Bobbie Bell. :D He did not find it nearly as humorous as I did.

Kimble Anders is near the top, too.

Skip Towne 09-10-2004 09:18 PM

John Riggins. He used to come to Emporia and buy dope from me. He was nice to me.

ChiefsFanatic 09-10-2004 09:18 PM

Frank White was really nice. Deron Cherry was also very nice.

Derrick Blaylock is nice, except for the fact that he doesn't have the decency to tip his pizza delivery guy. That is NO tip, not a dollar, not even the change.

Kimble Anders is also real nice.

KcMizzou 09-10-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
John Riggins. He used to come to Emporia and buy dope from me. He was nice to me.

ROFL wow.

Nzoner 09-10-2004 09:27 PM

Harry Carsons(former NY Giant)
Priest Holmes
DeRon Cherry

Scaga 09-10-2004 09:30 PM

I met Magic Johnson in Vegas about 10 years ago. He was a really cool guy, but I didn't understand why he kept dropping stuff on the ground. :hmmm:

Makes a lot more sense now...

Iowanian 09-10-2004 09:32 PM

Trying to look up your skirt, skag?

kcfanintitanhell 09-10-2004 09:37 PM

I was playing a gig down on the Plaza back in '88, I think. The Yankees were in town playing the Royals and they had an afternoon game. Halfway through our show all these guys from the Yankees start coming in the place. During a break, I was sitting at the bar, and the bartender brings over a beer, and says " the guy sitting across from you bought this." I look across the bar, and Ron Guidry is sitting there, smiling and lifting his glass. So I went over and started talking with him, and suggested, being that I had only one set left to play, if he wanted to hang around and go out and hoist a few after I got done. He said yea, so we went to Westport and got rather trashed. I tried to pay for at least one drink at Blaney's and he said no, he's buying, cuz he has to spend that 175 bucks per diem somewhere. Got to hear some great stories about about the 77 and 78 Yankees and got him back to his hotel about 4 hours after curfew, to which he said, "F**k Pineila"! Who was the Yankee manager at the time.
Not a huge Yankee fan, but I thought Ron Guidry was a helluva pitcher.

Demonpenz 09-10-2004 09:39 PM

i heard barry bonds is cool