ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Two observations from last night, Priest and the final play (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104942)

cadmonkey 11-23-2004 09:17 AM

Two observations from last night, Priest and the final play

While watching the game last night I noticed two things.

1. Why was Priest Holmes not standing on the side lines with the rest of the team? I know he hurt his leg but as a team leader he should be down on the field with his team. At least be there to encourage the young Running Backs and help them with some tips or something.

Has he become a primadonna?

2. Did the three recievers on the left side not run their routes, or even run at all on that last play? I understand that Green got sacked but they ran 10 yards, turned around and stopped. No desire to get open and maybe make a play. What's up with that?

ptlyon 11-23-2004 09:19 AM

1. I think he is hurt worse than everyone thinks and they don't want him standing on it.

2. I have no fricking idea.

Bwana 11-23-2004 09:22 AM

Two good questions. I was thinking the same thing while viewing Priest in the sky box. He must be REALLY messed up.

Phobia 11-23-2004 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey

1. Why was Priest Holmes not standing on the side lines with the rest of the team? I know he hurt his leg but as a team leader he should be down on the field with his team. At least be there to encourage the young Running Backs and help them with some tips or something.

2. Did the three recievers on the left side not run their routes, or even run at all on that last play? I understand that Green got sacked but they ran 10 yards, turned around and stopped. No desire to get open and maybe make a play. What's up with that?

1. Priest probably isn't coming back.
2. That effort was a helluva lot better than what we got in the 90's. Hell, they'd either run the pattern 3 yards short of the first down marker or send a converted fullback right up the center's ass.

Baby Lee 11-23-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
1. Priest probably isn't ever coming back.

Fixed your post. :thumb:

homey 11-23-2004 09:29 AM

I want to know why in the last three games Green can't get enough protection to throw the ball on the last snap.

Wile_E_Coyote 11-23-2004 09:33 AM

maybe to keep someone from ABC from getting any kind of interview

Taco John 11-23-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

I thought the same thing, and figured it would be good smack... but then thought it might be unfair due to the cloud of mystery surrounding his injury.

cadmonkey 11-23-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Fixed your post. :thumb:

What are the realistic chances Priest is in a Chiefs Uniform next year?

cdcox 11-23-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

I think only Priest knows, and he ain't saying.

Amnorix 11-23-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

What am I missing about Holmes? Is his injury career threatening or his contract salary cap-busting, or what?

Taco John 11-23-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homey
I want to know why in the last three games Green can't get enough protection to throw the ball on the last snap.

It's not only the last game. When you look at the history of Green with the Chiefs, Trent Green has never really been able to step up and make that last second play. He either holds the ball too long, or throws it fantastically short...

He had a TON of time last night on that last play. Whether anybody was open or not, you've got to get rid of that ball...

Rain Man 11-23-2004 09:36 AM

To be honest, I don't view Priest as a team leader at all. He's one of those guys that goes out there and does a fantastic job, but is a bit of a standalone player. Trent is a leader, Shields is a leader, Priest is a running back.

Taco John 11-23-2004 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
To be honest, I don't view Priest as a team leader at all. He's one of those guys that goes out there and does a fantastic job, but is a bit of a standalone player. Trent is a leader, Shields is a leader, Priest is a running back.

Yeah, he's not very vocal, is he?

Baby Lee 11-23-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
What am I missing about Holmes? Is his injury career threatening or his contract salary cap-busting, or what?

He came within a cvnthair of retiring last offseason, but decided he saw something in the Chiefs' chances, and he wanted his dad to be able to see him on TV in Iraq. His dad'll be home, the Chiefs are a joke, and the injuries have piled up. Smart money is on him going the Barry Sanders route.