ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Where is the line for Chiefs players to restructure to free up cap room? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111945)

ChiefsKing 03-10-2005 06:00 AM

Where is the line for Chiefs players to restructure to free up cap room?

I would think with all the talk of us needing cap space that some of the other Chiefs players like Trent or Tony would do whatever to free up some extra room. Priest said he wanted Law so bad, have Priest rework his deal so we can afford a saftey and Law and Surtain....Oh, and Hartwell. Oh and Jason Taylor too. :)

OrlandoChief 03-10-2005 06:49 AM

Givien the contracts that are being handed out this year, I think we should already feel fortunate to have Priest, Trent & Tony locked into the deals they already have. There are several others like Shawn Barber that should be reworked though. Didn't Barber get like a $35 million contract two years ago? Seems a bit high given his performance. Warfield should be able to rework his deal to, he has to be overpaid. I too am suprised I have not heard anything about any of those guys (especially on D) having their deals restructured.

Gaz 03-10-2005 06:54 AM

Out of sight...

The Chiefs do not typically front that kind of information. You will hear about it after the fact.

xoxo~
Gaz
Willing to restructure if it means Hartwell in Red & Gold.

htismaqe 03-10-2005 09:17 AM

Shawn Barber is injured.

We can't touch him right now (cut or re-structure) or the NFLPA will grab the team by the balls.

whoman69 03-10-2005 09:22 AM

We still have several cap moves that we can make. Remember that McCleon is still there and I really don't see a job for him on this team. If it comes down to it, I'm sure that Woods can be handed his walking papers as well. We sign another safety, and IMO he's out the door. Don't turn around now. I don't want to see you anymore.

Coach 03-10-2005 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
Shawn Barber is injured.

We can't touch him right now (cut or re-structure) or the NFLPA will grab the team by the balls.

You can by injury settlement though. What suprises me is why in the hell the Chiefs didn't do that to Maz? I like the guy, but, realistically, he's done.

Radar Chief 03-10-2005 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
Shawn Barber is injured.

I did not know that.

Radar Chief 03-10-2005 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
We still have several cap moves that we can make. Remember that McCleon is still there and I really don't see a job for him on this team.

I was under the impression he’d be retained as a Nickel. Could be wrong though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
If it comes down to it, I'm sure that Woods can be handed his walking papers as well. We sign another safety, and IMO he's out the door. Don't turn around now. I don't want to see you anymore.

I’m not familiar with his contract, but IIRC cutting him would accelerate the remainder to this years cap number. Not exactly helpful.

whoman69 03-10-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief
I was under the impression he’d be retained as a Nickel. Could be wrong though.

I’m not familiar with his contract, but IIRC cutting him would accelerate the remainder to this years cap number. Not exactly helpful.

He sucked as the nickle too. He does nothing for this defense. We are better off with Sapp or even Battle in that spot.

Woods if he is cut, will most likely be a post June 1 cut so we can spread his bonus out over 2 years. He will be the guy that frees up the money to sign rookies.