ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Boe in, confirmed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=125589)

kcxiv 10-01-2005 04:23 PM

Boe in, confirmed

CHIEFS NOTEBOOK: Boerigter ready to play

The Kansas City Star

Memo to the equipment manager: Marc Boerigter will be needing his No. 85 jersey this weekend.

Boerigter, who didn’t suit up for the Chiefs’ first three games, will be active for Sunday’s game with the Eagles. He took most of the reps with the No. 1 offense in Friday’s practice and will suit up in place of fellow receiver Chris Horn.

“It’s just being fair,” coach Dick Vermeil said. “And fair means between more than one person. It could be looked upon to not being fair to Chris Horn, but we have been fair to Chris Horn — we’ve given him an opportunity, and he’s done a great job, and he’ll be back on the active roster soon.

“We just think Boerigter deserves an opportunity.”

Boerigter sat out last year because of a knee injury. At 6 feet 3, he’s the biggest target at wide receiver for quarterback Trent Green.

“It’s been a long time coming,” Boerigter said, “and it’s just another Sunday for me. I’ve been there before so it’s nothing different.

“I thought I did enough in the preseason to prove I’m back to were I was before the injury. It’s kind of a numbers game, and I got caught up in it. I don’t think I have anything to prove. My knee’s been healthy for a long time now. It’s not even an issue.”

ROAF OUT

One person who won’t be suiting up Sunday is left tackle Willie Roaf.

Roaf, a 10-time Pro Bowler, didn’t practice Friday and is out for the Eagles game, Vermeil said. It’s the third straight week a hamstring injury has kept Roaf in street clothes.

Jordan Black will start for Roaf at left tackle, and Kevin Sampson will get the start at right tackle.

INJURY REPORT

Tight end Jason Dunn returned to practice Friday and is expected to play. Linebacker Keyaron Fox, defensive tackle Ryan Sims and Roaf missed the workout.

P Chiefs Injury St.
LB Keyaron Fox knee O
DT Ryan Sims foot O
DE Carlos Hall back Q
T Willie Roaf hamstring Q
TE Jason Dunn knee P
DT John Browning biceps P
FB Tony Richardson knee P
LB Rich Scanlon shoulder P
LB Gary Stills shoulder P

P Eagles Injury St.
K David Akers hamstring O
DT Darvin Walker thigh O
CB Roderick Hood hamstring P
LB Jeremiah Trotter knee P
QB Donovan McNabb ab/groin/chest P
WR Terrell Owens abdomen/groin P
CB Lito Sheppard knee P
DE Juqua Thomas knee P
O — out; Q — questionable; P — probable

Deberg_1990 10-01-2005 04:34 PM

Well then, its settled.....Bo will have 350 yards recieving tommorow and 5 TD's.

Demonpenz 10-01-2005 04:41 PM

well hopefully he just closes his mouth and lets his playing do the talking this weekend.

chefsos 10-01-2005 04:45 PM

Bo once took a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris and, energized, caught a touchdown pass. He wears a helmet fashioned from Norris' skull to this day.

Chan93lx50 10-01-2005 04:55 PM

about damn time!

StcChief 10-01-2005 04:56 PM

Good. Let's make him the secret weapon this week.

Bwana 10-01-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos
Bo once took a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris and, energized, caught a touchdown pass. He wears a helmet fashioned from Norris' skull to this day.

Yeah, but could he whip Scanlon in a cage match? :hmmm:

JOhn 10-01-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Yeah, but could he whip Scanlon in a cage match? :hmmm:

No but Chris Horn could, being a tough guy from Billings. ROFL

FloridaMan88 10-01-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv

“It’s just being fair,” coach Dick Vermeil said. “And fair means between more than one person. It could be looked upon to not being fair to Chris Horn, but we have been fair to Chris Horn — we’ve given him an opportunity, and he’s done a great job, and he’ll be back on the active roster soon.

So it is fair to de-active Chris Horn who has caught every ball thrown his way and has made plays this season, versus say "secret weapon" Kris Wilson who has done virtually nothing, outside of 1 catch and a 1 yard gain on a reverse, this season?

Okayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Red Dawg 10-01-2005 06:24 PM

This is a good move. It's what I wanted.

rocks 10-01-2005 06:47 PM

I agree, Horn has done a hell of a job and it would only be "fair" that he play instead of one of the other jackasses that hasn't played worth a crap.

kcxiv 10-01-2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
So it is fair to de-active Chris Horn who has caught every ball thrown his way and has made plays this season, versus say "secret weapon" Kris Wilson who has done virtually nothing, outside of 1 catch and a 1 yard gain on a reverse, this season?

Okayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

Wilson is in becuase Dunn is kinda hurt. If Dunn goes down then Tony G will be overworked. Thats not a Smart move to keep wilson on the inactive roster.

Horn has been solid for us, but he cannot run after the catch as where Boe can. We need to get some points scored we need some run after the catch, Currently that is only Eddie Kennison.

Bwana 10-01-2005 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Horn has been solid for us, but he cannot run after the catch as where Boe can.

I hopy you're right. We shall find out in the very near future.

Wile_E_Coyote 10-01-2005 08:08 PM

according to KCChiefs.com anyway

MB 6-3...220#
EK 6-1...201
CH 5-11..195
SP 5-11..190
DH 5-8...187

kcxiv 10-01-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
I hopy you're right. We shall find out in the very near future.

i have a feeling DV is going to use Boe alot and give him a shot to prove himself. DV is going to throw him in the fire and say show me what you got. Boe better not drop any passes.