ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU 09/10/13 The day KU BB came a calling! The circus has started ! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276099)

ROYC75 09-10-2013 09:05 PM

09/10/13 The day KU BB came a calling! The circus has started !

Up to this day, my grandson has only generated minimal attention from any college or college basketball scouts. As an 8th grader playing varsity ball last year, curiosity was there but all the talk was smaller, D-II schools or lower D 1 teams, hey it was early. I wanted all of the talk to come in a couple of years but all of this is likely to change after today.

Got word today that the KU staff has made contact to Jordan's HS BB coach. Granted, it's just a formality, but once wind starts by 1 major college BB program, the sails are pretty much set from this point forward by all of the other college programs jumping on board.

The recruiting circus has officially started for the kid, it's all up to him now.

LoneWolf 09-10-2013 09:11 PM

Happy for your grandson, but I think the practice of actively recruiting grade school kids and freshman/sophomores is ****ing ridiculous. I would like to see some kind of rule where a kid has to be at least sixteen before he can be contacted by any school.

Red Dawg 09-10-2013 09:17 PM

Oh yeah baby! Kid is going to get paid and laid. Snapp'in necks and cash'in checks.

ROYC75 09-10-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9961494)
Happy for your grandson, but I think the practice of actively recruiting grade school kids and freshman/sophomores is ****ing ridiculous. I would like to see some kind of rule where a kid has to be at least sixteen before he can be contacted by any school.

That is the one thing I feared too, it's early. Yet there are several kids his age talking to schools. He tells me not to worry about it, he has 4 years of HS left. I tell him that by his Jr year it's best to have a selected few and minimize the circus act because the talk is going to be a lot to handle.

His HS coach today told them there is a very good chance he starts as a Freshman. ( BTW, he moved back to Ga from Ky this year after the custody hearing between his parents )

HolyHandgernade 09-10-2013 09:23 PM

They actually moved the "grade at which you could recruit" a kid down to protect the kid. There are no "rules" prior to the age of recruitment and kids who were obvious talents were getting "illegally recruited" before they entered high school. Moving the official recruiting age down actually put restrictions on recruiter's contact with the kids. I know it seems backwards at first, but the intent was actually to help limit the contact with the younger phenomenal talents. Congratulations on the recruitment, hope he gets what he wants!

Bambi 09-10-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9961509)
Oh yeah baby! Kid is going to get paid and laid. Snapp'in necks and cash'in checks.

lol

Titty Meat 09-10-2013 09:38 PM

Sorry guys he's going to be a Husker

ROYC75 09-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9961525)
They actually moved the "grade at which you could recruit" a kid down to protect the kid. There are no "rules" prior to the age of recruitment and kids who were obvious talents were getting "illegally recruited" before they entered high school. Moving the official recruiting age down actually put restrictions on recruiter's contact with the kids. I know it seems backwards at first, but the intent was actually to help limit the contact with the younger phenomenal talents. Congratulations on the recruitment, hope he gets what he wants!

You are correct, even I have to watch what we say. As for Jordan, I'm happy for him and sad too. He ( who lived with me for 12 yrs ) is growing up and happy that he is chasing what he wants, his dream of the NBA.

The kid has exceptional speed & athleticism, with his size now he would be a WR if he decides to play football again. He dropped football this year to focus basketball.

ROYC75 09-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9961561)
Sorry guys he's going to be a Husker

ROFL

Very slim chance, not going to say never because I'll see to it, it is his choice where to go, but a Husker is not even a blimp on the screen.

ArrowheadHawk 09-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9961568)
ROFL

Very slim chance, not going to say never because I'll see to it, it is his choice where to go, but a Husker is not even a blimp on the screen.

Probably more like a blip?

Buehler445 09-10-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9961568)
ROFL

ROFL

I hope you understand the Irony of your mistype.

Anyway, that's exciting for the kid. Tell him to make damn sure his grades are in order. Crappy ACT = Juco.

RustShack 09-10-2013 09:47 PM

You can have him, Iowa State will just take Rashad Vaughn

ArrowheadHawk 09-10-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9961592)
You can have him, Iowa State will just take Rashad Vaughn

And KU will continue to spank that ass!

Dave Lane 09-10-2013 09:53 PM

I sincerely suggest for the sake of your grandchild's future, that you tell them both his father and grandfather are deceased.

Chief_For_Life58 09-10-2013 09:54 PM

pics of grand....daughter?