ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Chiefnj2 10-24-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9044401)
I think a guy like Bray will rise up some boards once he gets into pro days and the combine, based on his arm strength and measurables.

Pro days are THE most useless tests to gauge a QB. Every QB has a great pro day.

ModSocks 10-24-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9045007)
All of you people need to settle the **** down. Geno Smith has a glorious arm. He is not a headcase. He is not suddenly more risky after two bad games than he was after a few ridiculous ones. Every QB has bad games. How will he respond? How does he act when things don't go well? These are topics that matter, not whether or not he had a bad game vs. the best coached team in college football (and I say that as a damn KU fan).

You need to realize that first round talent at the QB position does not mean that he is a guaranteed prospect.

That's why Andrew Luck was Andrew Luck. He was as close to a "sure thing" as you are going to find. Sure Things don't exist, especially at QB. And look - RG3 is even having a better year. So... go figure.

The point is, it's this kind of pussy thinking that enables pussy GMs to pussy out of drafting a QB in the first round like a bunch of pussies.

You can all talk until you're blue in the tits about why Geno Smith or Barkley or Wilson isn't worth the risk. You know what you sound like? The guy who keeps dating great girls but breaks up with them because he's unsure she's "the one." Lemme tell you something... there is no "the one." You find someone that has all the qualities you're looking for, you make the commitment, and then you spend the next several years tweaking and adjusting to find that harmonious partnership.

Sack up and take the plunge or die alone looking for the sure thing. Your call.

Geno Smith 4 life, yo.

amen.

htismaqe 10-24-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9045094)
Pro days are THE most useless tests to gauge a QB. Every QB has a great pro day.

:clap:

L.A. Chieffan 10-24-2012 09:48 AM

Very risky.

RealSNR 10-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9045042)
I don't doubt his talent. I do have doubts about his IQ, work ethic, leadership and skin color. All the things you see in the top QBs in the NFL.

FYP.

Jesus ****ing Christ. There is absolutely no good reason to doubt these things about the guy. Question his coaching, flaws in his game, whatever. But if you did 3 minutes of ****ing research you would know that this guy is probably the smartest, hardest-working QB in the entire class.

You have no good reason to question those things. Unless he "just looks" dumb and lazy to you. In which case I think I know why.

Woodchuck 10-24-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9044867)
Stop moving the goalposts and answer the question, IF you can. :hmmm:

It's not worth my time. You look it up and tell me if there is one. I know you understood the point anyway. It's the same thing as pointing out a mispelled word. It is bullshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9045007)
You find someone that has all the qualities you're looking for, you make the commitment, and then you spend the next several years tweaking and adjusting to find that harmonious partnership.

Sack up and take the plunge or die alone looking for the sure thing.

What if none of them have the most important quality you are looking for? Do you wait until you find it? Or, do you marry the first one you see, buy Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies DVD, and trust that she'll lose 47 lbs. before summer?

It sounds nice but, it's not reality. You can turn a housewife into a ho but, you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Chiefnj2 10-24-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9045326)
FYP.

Jesus ****ing Christ. There is absolutely no good reason to doubt these things about the guy. Question his coaching, flaws in his game, whatever. But if you did 3 minutes of ****ing research you would know that this guy is probably the smartest, hardest-working QB in the entire class.

You have no good reason to question those things. Unless he "just looks" dumb and lazy to you. In which case I think I know why.

What makes him the smartest collegiate QB? And please don't post some comment from his head coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-24-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9045130)
Very risky.

Eat shit please.

RealSNR 10-24-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9045370)
What makes him the smartest collegiate QB? And please don't post some comment from his head coach.

How about his outstanding grades? His gifted student track growing up in spite of growing up in a single parent household? His incredible background in the arts?

I'm talking about actual intelligence. Go read any Geno fap article if you want to see how his actual intelligence seeps into his leadership qualities as a quarterback.

The way MahiMike was talking, it's like he thought Geno Smith was as dumb as Vince Young.

RealSNR 10-24-2012 11:46 AM

Would you ever go to a youth chess tournament and say, "I question the intelligence of these kids"?

Didn't think so.

Woodchuck 10-24-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9045475)
How about his outstanding grades? His gifted student track growing up in spite of growing up in a single parent household? His incredible background in the arts?

I'm talking about actual intelligence. Go read any Geno fap article if you want to see how his actual intelligence seeps into his leadership qualities as a quarterback.

The way MahiMike was talking, it's like he thought Geno Smith was as dumb as Vince Young.

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick know the Xs and Os as well as Tom Brady? Does Fitzpatrick make better reads than Ben Rothlesberger? It's good that he's smart but, is he football smart? Or, does he make one read and throw it deep if it's not there 90% of the time? Watch that Texas Tech tape and you'll see what I mean.

Reaper16 10-24-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9045485)
Would you ever go to a youth chess tournament and say, "I question the intelligence of these kids"?

Didn't think so.

Well, if it was a black youth chess tournament. /BlackBob

htismaqe 10-24-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9045343)
It's not worth my time. You look it up and tell me if there is one. I know you understood the point anyway. It's the same thing as pointing out a mispelled word. It is bullshit.

In other words, you know you've lost this argument but aren't man enough to admit it.

RealSNR 10-24-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9045501)
Does Ryan Fitzpatrick know the Xs and Os as well as Tom Brady? Does Fitzpatrick make better reads than Ben Rothlesberger? It's good that he's smart but, is he football smart? Or, does he make one read and throw it deep if it's not there 90% of the time? Watch that Texas Tech tape and you'll see what I mean.

Fitzpatrick isn't Tom Brady because he doesn't have Tom Brady's skills. He's a hybrid of Matt Cassel and Tyler Thigpen with a Harvard education.

I saw the Texas Tech tape. Did YOU watch it? Because that's not what Geno ****ing did. More often than not he chucked it short because this downfield guys weren't open. The bad part is neither were his short routes.

My question for that is where the **** is he supposed to throw it if the defense has all of the routes figured out? It's not like Geno is one read and go like Cassel. He's got all his guys in his field of vision. That's how the air raid offense works.

If he were in a pro style set, then yes, I would expect him to keep his head on a swivel after he takes the drop. But he doesn't need to.

Woodchuck 10-24-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9045517)
In other words, you know you've lost this argument but aren't man enough to admit it.

It's not an argument. People in this thread are going to great lengths to defend Smith. Just like people went to great lengths to defend Stanzi.

I admit when I'm wrong every day.