ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

DJ's left nut 01-16-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325630)
I question some of that. He has work to do to improve his short-pass accuracy, yet he completed 80 percent of those throws this season?

Still, most of it is solid.

Forces his throws to his first read.

Can't hit the short throws.

Completed 72% of his passes and threw 6 interceptions all year.

Yeah...that all makes sense.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9325401)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KfBjpbar7yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip to 1:55 to see Glennon run the ZR

Lion shows good initial burst and explosion. Initiates violent first contact and wraps up to take ballcarrier down. Plus strength for position, and shows the instincts and explosiveness to be effective in space. Needs to become better at shedding blocks in the phone booth.

Glennon's lack of instincts, awareness and feel for situation on display. Minus intangibles. Shows poor burst, and lacks even average speed for position. Has a strong right front appendage, but instincts and lack of athleticism limit his ability to use it to his advantage.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325728)
Forces his throws to his first read.

Can't hit the short throws.

Completed 72% of his passes and threw 6 interceptions all year.

Yeah...that all makes sense.

That was the other part that stood out.Couldn't remember and didn't feel like reading it again.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-16-2013 04:06 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...raft-big-board

Bucky Brooks big board.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9325704)
Man, you guys have been debating Geno for a long time. Has there ever been a potential pick with so much debate?

Mark Sanchez and Jimmy Clausen gathered a lot of heated discussion.

RealSNR 01-16-2013 04:11 PM

I think people are still overrating Bucky Brooks a tad even though he has suddenly mocked Geno to KC because of Andy Reid. Remember, he's been one of those reeruns who consistently projects a LT to Kansas City so Albert can move to guard. He talked about it in 2011 AND 2012.

Former scout or not, he's still nothing more than an NFL-endorsed media whore who does zero research on the ACTUAL needs and practicalities of each team that he researches.

And sorry to say, but that's half of being a draft analyst. You can provide great analysis on players all you want, but if you can't see how they might potentially fit in on particular teams very well, then your job is ****ing worthless in the eyes of football fans.

Three7s 01-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9325759)

Another idiot, yay!

aturnis 01-16-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9320622)
No.

That was his incredibly moronic comment. I pointed to three right off the bat who were successful "pro-style/pure passer" black quarterbacks. Wilson and Griffin are also very good passers, though they rely heavily on scrambling. They're certainly no Michael Vick, who was actually a terrible quarterback who happened to have a cannon arm and be able to run.

Thanks for trying, though.

RG3 is no Vick? Better check that again buddy. RG3 ran as much in his rookie season as Vick has in any single season of his career.

BossChief 01-16-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9324935)
But I wish he would stop tweeting. He shouldnt do anything if it doesnt help improve his draft stock at this point. I question the people around him that are letting him tweet at this point. Take that shit away for now.

I doubt the guy bookmarking times when his critics try to point out dirt about him hurts his draft stock in any way.

Kobe Bryant and most other elite athletes do the same thing.

He is bookmarking them as motivation for when he arrives in the NFL.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 04:39 PM

Truefan post from another board (might be the one that most motivates me to go buy some antifreeze and force-feed it to someone yet):

"I might be tempted to take the Alabama Center, he plays center, guard and tackle. A&M might not be a bad pick either, depends on the center situation. This might be the year to trade down, but not too far down and only for great compensation."

I had forgotten when I got called a moron/racist. Thanks for bumping that, aturnis. Was that really only yesterday?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325898)
Truefan post from another board (might be the one that most motivates me to go buy some antifreeze and force-feed it to someone yet):

"I might be tempted to take the Alabama Center, he plays center, guard and tackle. A&M might not be a bad pick either, depends on the center situation. This might be the year to trade down, but not too far down and only for great compensation."

I had forgotten when I got called a moron/racist. Thanks for bumping that, aturnis. Was that really only yesterday?

Holy balls what is wrong with these people?? You sit through a shitfest 2-14 season with the worst QB play of all-time and pine for O-lineman.

Bowser 01-16-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325898)

These must be the same idiots that call in to local KC sports talk radio shows.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turd Burglar (Post 9325929)
These must be the same idiots that call in to local KC sports talk radio shows.

3 positions Turd....THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorter 01-16-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325731)
Lion shows good initial burst and explosion. Initiates violent first contact and wraps up to take ballcarrier down. Plus strength for position, and shows the instincts and explosiveness to be effective in space. Needs to become better at shedding blocks in the phone booth.

Glennon's lack of instincts, awareness and feel for situation on display. Minus intangibles. Shows poor burst, and lacks even average speed for position. Has a strong right front appendage, but instincts and lack of athleticism limit his ability to use it to his advantage.

Draft lion with 3rd round pick since SKov isn't available?

I. Think. So!

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 05:01 PM

My take on the OL-piners? Many football fans are EXTREMELY conservative in their views of the game. This take is reinforced by all the talking heads they see on TV, who are either old coaches, old players, or entrenched media members. The OL piners are guys who are hardcore-enough fans to watch ESPN a lot and listen to talk radio and watch the Chiefs religiously, but they don't like change. They don't like or understand the wealth of knowledge and information available to the average joe because of the wonder that is the internet.

Side note: Can you guys imagine what Akili Smith's stock would have been perceived as by the average fan had he been around in the age of YouTube (When anyone can watch game film and most prospects have "every throw" videos available?).

Anyway, there is NO league where "new and different" is as hated as the NFL. But I would bet that the OL-piners and the BPA-available guys, these average Joe Footballfans, would have some interesting thoughts on other sports, too. The conservatism would seep in.

For example, in baseball, they would be extremely anti-SABRE. In the NBA, they'd hate the illegal defense, so on and so forth.