ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 01-16-2013 07:21 PM

Chargers fans are afraid we're taking Geno.

RealSNR 01-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9326486)
With the rookie cap in place there's no better time to draft an elite LT.
It's pennies on the dollar.
Drafting a dud at QB could set the franchise back for another 17 years.

No trolling allowed

AussieChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9323576)
holy shit

Brandt just said "I'm a Cassel guy!"

he thinks we should keep Cassel and play him

this guy is a ****ing straight up reerun

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9323599)
Matt Cassel lead the league in turnovers, even though he only played half a year...but we should pass on a quarterback with the top pick in the draft to replace a top 5 left tackle with a guy from a 1 read spread and keep Cassel as the starter. /drooling reerun

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9324762)
ESPN's Mel Kiper stated on SportsCenter Wednesday that he does not anticipate West Virginia QB Geno Smith being a top-ten pick in April's draft.
Kiper doesn't even have Smith as this year's top-rated quarterback, ranking him behind NC State's Mike Glennon and USC's Matt Barkley. "My contacts in the NFL tell me that Geno Smith's not that consensus top-ten guy," Kiper said. "(And) obviously, Glennon and Barkley aren't." Kiper did say Syracuse's Ryan Nassib has "moved up a lot," potentially into the back end of the first round if a team is willing to trade up for him. Kiper has Glennon first, Barkley second, Smith third, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson fourth, and Nassib fifth in his quarterback rankings. Jan 16 - 1:57 PM

Evan Silva‏ @ evansilva Mel Kiper's top-5 quarterbacks for the 2013 NFL Draft: 1) Mike Glennon 2) Matt Barkley 3) Geno Smith 4) Tyler Wilson 5) Ryan Nassib.

:facepalm:

hometeam 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

Talking about Geno to buddy tonight. He is convinced KC will take Jokel and Geno isn't worth #1, and finally just a pulled a 'prove it he isn't worth it' on him, and his answer was that 'pro scouts' didn't think he was a #1 and that's who he listens too. Yes, he has seen every shred of video, statistical evidence (the accuracy chart, all his game tape, all the highlight vids, the stat comparisons, EVERYTHING) and still won't admit it.

I told him it was because he was scared that we would end up with Geno while Rivers (hes a traitorous chargers fan) slowly withers and dies.

kcxiv 01-16-2013 08:30 PM

im almost convinced we arent taking Geno. I want them too, but something tells me, its not gonna happen :( if he really goes by his BPA and they have someone rated better, the chiefs are screwed maybe.

NJChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9326698)
Talking about Geno to buddy tonight. He is convinced KC will take Jokel and Geno isn't worth #1, and finally just a pulled a 'prove it he isn't worth it' on him, and his answer was that 'pro scouts' didn't think he was a #1 and that's who he listens too. Yes, he has seen every shred of video, statistical evidence (the accuracy chart, all his game tape, all the highlight vids, the stat comparisons, EVERYTHING) and still won't admit it.

I told him it was because he was scared that we would end up with Geno while Rivers (hes a traitorous chargers fan) slowly withers and dies.

This should have been the first sentence so I could have saved some time.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9326702)
im almost convinced we arent taking Geno. I want them too, but something tells me, its not gonna happen :( if he really goes by his BPA and they have someone rated better, the chiefs are screwed maybe.

i'm pretty sure we aren't drafting a QB in the first round...

Chiefs have never done the right thing, and their fans have never wanted them to...I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

Chiefs Pantalones 01-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9326779)
i'm pretty sure we aren't drafting a QB in the first round...

Chiefs have never done the right thing, and their fans have never wanted them to...I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

If we don't pick one #1 overall, there won't be any left that later on.

Gadzooks 01-16-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9326667)
No trolling allowed

I've resisted trolling this thread for almost 4 months. I deserve some credit.
http://i50.tinypic.com/dqrifd.png

Rambozo 01-16-2013 09:36 PM

I don't think we'll take him at #1. We might trade back and take him but, I think it's going to be a linemen if we stay at #1. Dorsey was very adament about taking the best player available no matter the position and Geno just isn't the best player in this class. I like him but, there are several better players. I think it would have been more likely for ***** to take him than Dorsey. The new regime isn't backed into a corner and both Dorsey and Reid have talked about a 3 year time table.

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9326702)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=9576

RealSNR 01-16-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326922)
I don't think we'll take him at #1. We might trade back and take him but, I think it's going to be a linemen if we stay at #1. Dorsey was very adament about taking the best player available no matter the position and Geno just isn't the best player in this class. I like him but, there are several better players. I think it would have been more likely for ***** to take him than Dorsey. The new regime isn't backed into a corner and both Dorsey and Reid have talked about a 3 year time table.

1. Please learn what BPA means and understand its many definitions and possibilities before superimposing Dorsey's vague draft plan onto our QB situation next year

2. You realize that regardless of "several better players" that QBs are exponentially more valuable than those guys are? And yes, that goes for pass rushers and LTs, too, especially when we already have plenty of good ones on the team

3. Geno is going to be gone if we trade back. If we trade back we're missing out on the best QB in the draft most likely, unless someone like Wilson leaps him during workouts/interviews. And I highly doubt that at this point.

keg in kc 01-16-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9326779)
I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

That's my philosophy. I want them to select Smith (or Wilson). But I don't believe they will. It would be the antithesis of everything they've done for basically the entire existence of the franchise.

I figure I might as well expect the worst. That way I can manage my reaction when they do it. Sucks to have to think that way, but you kind of have to with the Chiefs, and decade after decade of them drafting every position except the most important one. At least this way if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly. Unless there's another Tyson Jackson on the board.

It'll probably be Joeckel.

Rambozo 01-16-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9326957)
1. Please learn what BPA means and understand its many definitions and possibilities before superimposing Dorsey's vague draft plan onto our QB situation next year

2. You realize that regardless of "several better players" that QBs are exponentially more valuable than those guys are? And yes, that goes for pass rushers and LTs, too, especially when we already have plenty of good ones on the team

3. Geno is going to be gone if we trade back. If we trade back we're missing out on the best QB in the draft most likely, unless someone like Wilson leaps him during workouts/interviews. And I highly doubt that at this point.

I hear you man and I know where you are coming from but, I think Dorsey defined what BPA means to him pretty well in the interview with Mitch Holthus. I agree that QBs definately get pushed up draft boards and I think Geno will too. Obviously it's the most important position.

It's not that I wouldn't take a QB #1, it's that I don't think Reid and Dorsey will. I don't think they feel the desperation that we do and there are better players than Geno.

kcxiv 01-16-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9326924)

still not sure. This franchise has broken me. They continue to do the wrong thing over and over and over again. Sometimes you just get them franchises that suck and are stuck in the mud and never will go anywhere. I Feel thats where this team will always be. I've been broken as a fan. lol