ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9326982)
That's my philosophy. I want them to select Smith (or Wilson). But I don't believe they will. It would be the antithesis of everything they've done for basically the entire existence of the franchise.

I figure I might as well expect the worst. That way I can manage my reaction when they do it. Sucks to have to think that way, but you kind of have to with the Chiefs, and decade after decade of them drafting every position except the most important one. At least this way if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly. Unless there's another Tyson Jackson on the board.

It'll probably be Joeckel.

the perversity of drafting joeckel is mind destroying...

O.city 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

If Alberts back is bad and they decide to not take him, drafting Joeckel I guess makes sense.

That said, if his back checks out, IMO, you just re sign him and keep developing him. I don't really think he's topped out yet and he's still young.

I'm curious to see what Kiper will do, mock wise, if we re sign Albert and Bowe in free agency.

milkman 01-16-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326995)
I hear you man and I know where you are coming from but, I think Dorsey defined what BPA means to him pretty well in the interview with Mitch Holthus. I agree that QBs definately get pushed up draft boards and I think Geno will too. Obviously it's the most important position.

It's not that I wouldn't take a QB #1, it's that I don't think Reid and Dorsey will. I don't think they feel the desperation that we do and there are better players than Geno.

The Packers are the luckiest draft team ever.

Last year's draft just lined perfectly for them.

They needed a lot of players to fix their defense, and the BPA in every round just happened to be defensive players.

Dorsey and Reid are selling a bill of goods, and everyone is just buying it.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327026)
If Alberts back is bad and they decide to not take him, drafting Joeckel I guess makes sense.

That said, if his back checks out, IMO, you just re sign him and keep developing him. I don't really think he's topped out yet and he's still young.

I'm curious to see what Kiper will do, mock wise, if we re sign Albert and Bowe in free agency.

So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the second and third rounds respectively, isn't enough?

Two of the better left tackles in college football drafted high isn't enough?

And they both now have NFL experience at the LT position?

And drafting another LT one year later makes sense?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

RealSNR 01-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9327045)

They needed a lot of players to fix their defense, and the BPA in every round just happened to be defensive players.

Thank.

You.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327217)
So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the third and second round respectively, isn't enough?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

Man, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this. I'm all up for Geno, thought it would be a for sure thing by now.

I dunno waht to think.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

I think we can agree that BPA is a little more complicated that the best player at any position available.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

Frankly, I don't see why this is really a discussion. If we want to go based on history and how guys draft, the only time Reid was in a situation like this, he drafted a QB.

So there we go. Done.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327242)
Frankly, I don't see why this is really a discussion. If we want to go based on history and how guys draft, the only time Reid was in a situation like this, he drafted a QB.

So there we go. Done.

Bingo.

And the guy he drafted didn't have the intangibles that Geno does.

Like this shit needs to be worked and over-worked.

It is a done deal.

Thank the maker(s).

O.city 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327248)
Bingo.

And the guy he drafted didn't have the intangibles that Geno does.

Like this shit needs to be worked and over-worked.

It is a done deal.

Thank the maker(s).

I don't like that Clark is coming out saying what he's saying about QB's at this point.

But I hope you are right.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327254)
I don't like that Clark is coming out saying what he's saying about QB's at this point.

But I hope you are right.

Like I give a shit what Clark says. The guy hired Peeholi. Endorsed Crennel as head coach. Gave a thumbs up for Daboll to run the worst offense the NFL has seen in 80 years - literally.

Reid and Dorsey have drafted very good QB's when they needed to and when they had them sitting there for the taking.

This shit is a done deal.

Sorter 01-17-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327217)
So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the second and third rounds respectively, isn't enough?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

I think he was just trying to justify us somehow taking Joekel. I know OCity wants Geno.

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326922)
I don't think we'll take him at #1. We might trade back and take him but, I think it's going to be a linemen if we stay at #1. Dorsey was very adament about taking the best player available no matter the position and Geno just isn't the best player in this class. I like him but, there are several better players. I think it would have been more likely for ***** to take him than Dorsey. The new regime isn't backed into a corner and both Dorsey and Reid have talked about a 3 year time table.

Are you sure he said those actual words, and not just BPA no matter what? There is a big difference between BPA and BPA no matter the positions. I also disagree that ***** would be more likely to pick Geno.

Also, as far as the timetable goes, that time doesn't start until you get an actual QB. You don't build the team and then drop the QB in. At least, that's a difficult way to do it. They aren't going to just wait around on that position. Dorsey also was very honest about a good team needing a very good QB.

Quote:

Do you think they are just feeding us lines, or just not explaining that BPA allows, even demands, need as a factor?

Sorter 01-17-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9327428)
Are you sure he said those actual words, and not just BPA no matter what? There is a big difference between BPA and BPA no matter the positions. I also disagree that ***** would be more likely to pick Geno.

Also, as far as the timetable goes, that time doesn't start until you get an actual QB. You don't build the team and then drop the QB in. At least, that's a difficult way to do it. They aren't going to just wait around on that position. Dorsey also was very honest about a good team needing a very good QB.

Do you think they are just feeding us lines, or just not explaining that BPA allows, even demands, need as a factor?

Both.

I don't think this is meant to be as a slight to fans but more as a smokescreen.

WildTurkey 01-17-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

I'd buy the luck opinion if they weren't so consistent. Year in and year out they continue to add good players. Besides adding guys like Rodgers and Matthews look at what they've done after the 1st round

2011:Randall Cobb 2nd/64th 2010: Mike Neal 2nd/56th, Morgan Burnett 3rd/71, Andrew Quarless 5th/154th, Marshall Newhouse 5th/169th, James Starks 6th/193rd C.J. Wilson 7th/230 2009: T.J. Lang 4th/109th, Jarius Wynn 6th/182nd 2008: Jorday Nelson 2nd/36th, Patrick Lee 2nd/60th, Jermichael Finley 3rd/91st, Josh Sitton 4th/135 2007: Desmond Biship 6th/193rd James Jones 3rd/78th Mason Crosby 6th/194th 2006: Greg Jennings 2nd/52nd.

Lots of good picks in that group especially the WR corps :drool: