ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: There is no definite first round QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270104)

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9408257)
I know you guys want your pitchforks but it doesn't seem like there is.

Yeah, because Cam Newton was such a better prospect than Geno.

Since you know, he had no attitude issues and was a flawless passer with great footwork.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-16-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9408253)
Yeah, yeah. I am the dumbass now.

I wasn't saying that. I just a few posts mentioning a smoke screen and it doesn't fit with the number 1 pick overall.

I'm not going to lose my shit over it. I'm happy with who is running this franchise. Just going to have to roll with the punches. Why do we keep getting top picks in shitty draft classes? Why does God hate the Chiefs? LOL

Mr. Laz 02-16-2013 06:04 PM

well if the league really does think there aren't any high draft QB's then we need to make sure and have a plan to trade back into the middle of the 1st round after we select someone else at #1.

58-4ever 02-16-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9408257)
I know you guys want your pitchforks but it doesn't seem like there is. In true Chiefs fashion it looks like when WE get the #1 pick the options available to us are sub par. No matter how much you guys wanna rationalize Geno this sucks hard for us.

No matter how much you want to jump the gun, it's not even March yet. We have a combine and pro days to go. There is a ton of evaluation left. The year Newton came out, everyone thought the same thing.

Chiefs Pantalones 02-16-2013 06:04 PM

Don't care what anyone says, even our GM, until after they've had the opportunity to go through the combine, interviews, pro days, etc.

58-4ever 02-16-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9408271)
well if the league really does think there aren't any high draft QB's then we need to make sure and have a plan to trade back into the middle of the 1st round after we select someone else at #1.

Yeah, let's just make sure we do that because that's always an option. :doh!:

58-4ever 02-16-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9408274)
Don't care what anyone says, even our GM, until after they've had the opportunity to go through the combine, interviews, pro days, etc.

exactly

|Zach| 02-16-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408267)

Since you know, he had no attitude issues and was a flawless passer with great footwork.

I get that you are drinking the koolaid of Geno being elite and that is what you need to have some drama filled identity around here. And when he goes to the Chiefs and is shit you will be leading the charge with photoshops about how shitty it is.

You are as the dramatic winds blow. I have read this book before and it is boring. You don't actually believe in anything.

Mr. Laz 02-16-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9408274)

yea, things can still change a bunch.

Quarterbacks start having workouts and interviews and they can move up fast.

RunKC 02-16-2013 06:05 PM

Keep Cassel to be the backup if he takes a paycut. If not cut him.
Trade for Foles.
Draft a mid round QB in round 4-5 like Landry Jones to be the backup.

That's what the media is projecting.

RunKC 02-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408267)

Cam won titles in JUCO and at Auburn.

chiefzilla1501 02-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9408248)
Look, I'll trust in Dorsey, no matter the pick. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not like he's had a hand in building championship caliber rosters or anything....

This. Reid and Dorsey have a history of really caring about the qb position. Neither have been shy about making bold moves at qb. And they seem to be making it clear that fixing the qb is an absolute priority.

I trust Dorsey's evaluation process. I am rooting for geno, but if Dorsey is thorough and believes he's not the guy, we at least should give him the chance to show us what his backup plan is. And he should get 2-3 years to show what that is.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408280)
Keep Cassel to be the backup if he takes a paycut. If not cut him.
Trade for Foles.
Draft a mid round QB in round 4-5 like Landry Jones to be the backup.

That's what the media is projecting.

Looking like that.

If we aren't drafting a QB at 1, I'd think about letting Albert walk and taking Joeckel, simply because I don't know what else we take at 1.

|Zach| 02-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9408269)
I wasn't saying that. I just a few posts mentioning a smoke screen and it doesn't fit with the number 1 pick overall.

I'm not going to lose my shit over it. I'm happy with who is running this franchise. Just going to have to roll with the punches. Why do we keep getting top picks in shitty draft classes? Why does God hate the Chiefs? LOL

Pretty much. Pick him...dont pick him. Do whatever is best for the team but don't box yourself into a shitty player (if that is how they evaluate him) because Chiefs fans have a bad history of being shit on.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9408282)
Cam won titles in JUCO and at Auburn.

Nice edit there.