ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies THAT should be remade or deserve a sequel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275100)

Deberg_1990 08-08-2013 04:16 PM

I'll bet Universal reboots Jaws pretty soon. It still holds "name appeal" and the basic premise is still solid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 08-08-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9868766)
I'll bet Universal reboots Jaws pretty soon. It still holds "name appeal" and the basic premise is still solid.
Posted via Mobile Device

That falls into the category of movies I'd like to see "enhanced," sort of like what they did with the original Star Trek. Tweak the shark so that it doesn't look so fake, but leave it alone other than that.

Same thing with Tora Tora Tora. Still a great movie, just sucks that the battle scenes look like they were shot with models in a bathtub.

And for the love of God, don't have George Lucas do it. :eek:

jspchief 08-09-2013 05:49 AM

The problem with all the action movie reboot suggestions is that they will be cgi shitfests.

Hollywood for the most part still hasn't figured out that computer generated effects aren't a substitute for acting, dialogue, and plot.

Friendo 08-09-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9868538)
Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

Also, not that I always agree with the Academy, but I think I will take their opinion over Friendo.

Award
Best Picture
Best Director
Best Editing
Best Supporting Actor

Nominated:
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration
Best Actor Clint Eastwood
Best Cinematography
Best Sound
Best Original Screenplay

yeah because the Academy has never made sentimental picks before. Eastwood's portrayal was wooden as hell. And "the kid" was bad casting and over the top bad-assedness. Like someone said--to each his own-to me it was wooden hackage. If you want to see a good performance by Eastwood, try Thunderbolt & Lightfoot....maybe one of Bridges best as well.

blaise 08-09-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9870069)
The problem with all the action movie reboot suggestions is that they will be cgi shitfests.

Hollywood for the most part still hasn't figured out that computer generated effects aren't a substitute for acting, dialogue, and plot.

I'm so done with all the PG 13 CGI garbage. Whatever appeal these giant scenes of disaster and destruction had is long gone for me. It's just a bunch of noise without drama.

blaise 08-09-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 9870077)
yeah because the Academy has never made sentimental picks before. Eastwood's portrayal was wooden as hell. And "the kid" was bad casting and over the top bad-assedness. Like someone said--to each his own-to me it was wooden hackage. If you want to see a good performance by Eastwood, try Thunderbolt & Lightfoot....maybe one of Bridges best as well.

He should have maybe told some jokes or danced and stuff.

Baby Lee 08-09-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9870117)
He should have maybe told some jokes or danced and stuff.

<iframe src='http://www.myvideo.de/embed/2194677' style='width:611px;height:383px;border:0px none;padding:0;margin:0;' width='611' height='383' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe><br/><a href='http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2194677/Simpsons_Paint_a_Wagon' title='Simpsons-Paint a Wagon - MyVideo'>Simpsons-Paint a Wagon - MyVideo</a>

CoMoChief 08-09-2013 07:29 AM

Beavis and Butthead 2 (sequel)

mdchiefsfan 08-09-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9863005)
Spawn.

I've been saying this for some time now. Another remake I think they are trying to do, and I am all for, is Daredevil.

BourbonMan 08-09-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9861574)
I never got my Willow trilogy.

YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9861929)
I'm still waiting for History of the World Part II and Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.

HELL YES

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9862290)
Oh, also, The Sword and the Sorcerer. The closing credits promised a sequel which we never got.

HELL YES YES!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9866855)
Real Genius was perfect. Don't **** with it.

TOTALLY AGREE

jspchief 08-09-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 9870077)

You are an imbecile

Mav 08-11-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9861567)
The Golden Compass sequel...i wanted to see more of that

I really liked that story. The Characters were well cast as well. Plus, you never can have enough Sam Elliott. He has made such horror shows as Ghost Rider watchable. Well, him and Eva Mendes lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9862172)
"It" needs a sequel.

No, the ****, it does not. I couldn't take a shower without staring at the shower drain for a month......
Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9864376)
I want wrath of the Titans and clash of the Titans remade, I love mythology. In my opinion they made these way to short.

I was so excited about Clash of the Titans when it was remade. And, I thought it was okay. I mean, for crying out loud, Voldermort was in it. It indeed to me seemed way too rushed and took away from what the movie really was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9864735)
That can not be said enough. That shit was horrible.

agreed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9868766)
Posted via Mobile Device

Really shocked they haven't. Especially with the popularity of Shark week.

Cheater5 08-11-2013 08:13 AM

If "Jaws" is remade it will be hot garbage and as forgettable as the "Total Recall" remake.

The characters and directing made that movie what it is- a classic. We have very few directors who'd do a good job with it, or who would WANT to direct a re-boot. Plus, name a cast that would out-act Scheider, Dreyfus, and Shaw? Yeah. None...unfortunately (and on a different note) today the best actors under say the age of 50, are all from the UK or
Australia. I personally don't care to see Abercrombie models overreacting to green screens, er, a CGI shark...

Leave Jaws alone. Remake "The Legend of Boggy Creek" instead.:D

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-12-2013 09:21 AM

Remake - A Clockwork Orange

rolstrol 08-12-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfchief (Post 9862220)
The incredibles- I've watched it at least 1000x with my kids.
If they will do that shitfest toy story 3 why not Incredibles

That movie had sequel written all over it.