ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who's the next Kawika? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133329)

Chan93lx50 01-08-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Boomer

WOW your sig gives me a Boner

ck_IN 01-08-2006 08:19 PM

Before fitting Mitchell for a Canton bust let's put a few things in perspective. Last year and every year prior to this one he was a complete liability at LB. This year he became an average MLB. So lets not get carried away with Mr. Mitchell. By the way someone needs to tell him that flexing and pointing to his right bicep after every routine tackle looks really stupid.

The person I think could make some strides is Siavii. Sims is a bust and I doubt that Edwards will coddle him like DV did unless CP orders otherwise. Siavii on the other hand could be a good nose tackle in a 3-4 with some gym time and some coaching.

Frankie 01-08-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Benny Sapp

I'm not asking for a surprise player. Quite the opposite, I'm asking for a player who came in with fairly high expectations who so far looks like a bust. Try to focus on first day draft choices.

Tribal Warfare 01-08-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
At the round Boomer was drafted I don't think anyone would cry "Bust" if he doesn't make it.

true, but the kid is going to break the starting lineup if KC goes to 3-4 base defense in rotation with Fox/Griffin

jiveturkey 01-08-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
I'm not asking for a surprise player. Quite the opposite, I'm asking for a player who came in with fairly high expectations who so far looks like a bust. Try to focus on first day draft choices.

Battle then.

I also think that Siavii is also going to have bone spurs removed from the back of his knee caps this off season. He was supposedly playing with some serious pain this year.

He could definitley improve just from this.

jspchief 01-08-2006 08:36 PM

For those of you who've given up on Sims, he's the guy that I think could have a good showing in '06. I think the only thing keeping him down at this point is health.

Key Fox is the other one. Assuming he can handle the scheme changes, I think he has a lot of potential.

Frankie 01-08-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I'd say Siavii. I think he has the physical tools needed to become a beast, and he is entering his third year.

Lacking in the attitude department, from what I hear.

Halfcan 01-08-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
Benny Sapp

Yep that is who I was going to say.

RedandGold 01-08-2006 08:55 PM

With Herm having a background in the defensive secondary, I expect the most improvement to come from that portion of the roster. I say that Battle is likely to show the most improvement since he really hasn't shown anything to date.

I'm not certain what our plans will be for the safety position, but I would expect to see improvement from either Wesley or Bartee if they remain on the roster.

Hammock Parties 01-08-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold
With Herm having a background in the defensive secondary, I expect the most improvement to come from that portion of the roster. I say that Battle is likely to show the most improvement since he really hasn't shown anything to date.

I'm not certain what our plans will be for the safety position, but I would expect to see improvement from either Wesley or Bartee if they remain on the roster.

Hopefully Germ can be distracted from organizing his media shitlist long enough to do some one-on-one coaching.

milkman 01-08-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedandGold

I'm thinking in a cover 2, that Warfield at SS and Bartee at FS might be a solid duo.

I like Sammy Knight, but his speed would be a weakness in a cover 2.

Of course, if we could draft a Michael Huff in the first round, then that could change things.

Dunit35 01-08-2006 09:13 PM

Id say Junior Siavii.

Stinger 01-08-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Bell

If he is not cut for salary purposes then I go with Bell as well.

Rausch 01-08-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
I'm thinking in a cover 2, that Warfield at SS and Bartee at FS might be a solid duo.

Flip flop those two and I'd agree.

Quote:

I like Sammy Knight, but his speed would be a weakness in a cover 2.

He's the same kind of player as John Lynch, who excelled in the Cover2.

Quote:

Of course, if we could draft a Michael Huff in the first round, then that could change things.

We should definitely take another safety...

Stinger 01-08-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch

We should definitely take another safety... and convert him to Cornerback

Finished your quote