ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

teedubya 07-17-2005 10:24 PM

The Best Show on Television... Entourage

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/hom...6_premiere.jpg
This show fuggin Cracks me up. Maybe Im just sheltered because I dont watch TV much, but I started watching this show midway through season one, and freaking love it.

Its about this young movie star and his brother, and two friends from New York, and his rise to stardom...

Tonights show was at the Sundance Festival, where Vince's latest movie Queens Boulevard was a huge success...

plus Turtle and Drama double-teamed this Peace Corps Chick and accidently "crossed swords". heh. funny shit. [Sorry Gochiefs, but they didnt show that part]

Freaking Ari Gold, played by Jeremy Piven is fuggin unreal in this show. He makes it.

Here is some cool extra footage.
<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Guj3FFz5_WY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Anyway, if you have HBO on Demand, check it out... its great TV.

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/

http://hbo.imageg.net/graphics/categ...age_family.jpg

Deberg_1990 07-17-2005 10:25 PM

Jeremy Piven has been underrated for a long time. Loved the show he did a few years back called Cupid.

|Zach| 07-17-2005 10:25 PM

It is a great show. I watch it whever I am in KC.

teedubya 07-17-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
It is a great show. I watch it whever I am in KC.

plus there are huge amounts of hotties in every episode. Vince hooked up with Jamie Pressley a couple episodes ago.

Bob Saget was on last week, and I was freaking rolling... He was Vinces next door neighbor getting ****ing high all the time, ****ing hookers and shit. Good times.

Miles 07-17-2005 10:37 PM

Yeah its a great show. Last season was pretty solid but this one has picked up quite a bit. Very funny stuff.

And that Peace Corps Chick was a total hottie.

Miles 07-17-2005 10:39 PM

Just got picked up for a 3rd season too :thumb:

Quote:

Entourage' Hangs on for Third Season at HBO
(Saturday, July 16 08:03 AM)
By Rick Porter
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) With two fresh Emmy nominations and a buzz level that belies its rather soft ratings, HBO's comedy "Entourage" has earned a third season.

Chris Albrecht, president and CEO of HBO, announced the pickup Friday (July 15) during HBO's session at the TV Critics Association press tour. He says the deal was completed only a day or so before that, so he couldn't offer a lot of details.

He does say, however, that the pay-cable network will aim for "as many episodes as we can get" from the deal, with 13 probably being the minimum. The show is running for 14 episodes this summer, following an eight-episode first season.
"We'll see if [creator] Doug Ellin will hire some more writers," Albrecht says jokingly.

"Entourage" earned two Emmy nominations Thursday -- for Jeremy Piven's performance as shark-like Hollywood agent Ari Gold and for David Frankel's direction of the pilot episode.

The series, which follows a rising movie star (Adrian Grenier) and his group of friends/hangers-on as they navigate the showbiz world, has earned fairly strong critical praise and a devoted following -- albeit not a large one. It's averaging under 2 million viewers per week in its premiere slot this season, although HBO doesn't look just at ratings when deciding which shows to renew.

teedubya 07-17-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Just got picked up for a 3rd season too :thumb:

nice. The more buzz it gets the more viewers it will recieve, this show is too good to pass into obscurity.

14 episodes this season, so I guess there are about 7 shows left this season, while all of them are on HBO on Demand, currently.

Digital Takawira 07-17-2005 11:19 PM

watching it right now, assbangs.

the girl that drama and turtle are fighting over reminds me of the blonde from scrubs. she'd definitely catch it.

Scalper 07-17-2005 11:32 PM

I have been watching this show since the beginning and i love it. Its very accurate in its portray of a young hollywood actor getting his shoes wet. Its every mans dream to make it big. You know if any of you guys made it big you would have an entourage.

|Zach| 07-17-2005 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalper
I have been watching this show since the beginning and i love it. Its very accurate in its portray of a young hollywood actor getting his shoes wet.

Heh, welcome to Chiefs Planet...I hate to bust your balls but how would you know what a young actor in hollywood getting his shoes what would be like?

KCChiefsMan 07-17-2005 11:37 PM

ya that show rocks!
"friends are just girls you haven't fucked yet!"

Rausch 07-17-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Jeremy Piven has been underrated for a long time. Loved the show he did a few years back called Cupid.

Piven is ****ing gold. One of the best improv actors out there...

Taco John 07-17-2005 11:52 PM

I guess the premise and characters are largely based on Mark Wahlberg's buddies... All the characters are based on guys in his life and their stories...

Rausch 07-17-2005 11:52 PM

For the piven fans...

http://www.lhiob.com/

|Zach| 07-17-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
I guess the premise and characters are largely based on Mark Wahlberg's buddies... All the characters are based on guys in his life.

Really? thats interesting.

luv 07-17-2005 11:53 PM

No fair. I only have basic cable because it's included in my rent. No movie channels. :deevee: What am I whining for? If I wanted them that bad, I could call and order them.

Miles 07-17-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

I guess the premise and characters are largely based on Mark Wahlberg's buddies... All the characters are based on guys in his life.

Thats pretty cool. Any idea who the weird indy director is supposed to be?

Taco John 07-18-2005 12:05 AM

Not sure...

Here's a USA Today story about the show:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ntourage_x.htm

|Zach| 07-18-2005 12:07 AM

I figured it was just based on the life of Bob Newhart.

Deberg_1990 07-18-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Piven is ****ing gold. One of the best improv actors out there...

Piven is a God!

Him and Cusack need to make more movies together.

keg in kc 07-18-2005 03:06 AM

I'm not sure I'd call it the best show on TV, but it's just gotten picked up for a third season: link

teedubya 07-18-2005 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I'm not sure I'd call it the best show on TV, but it's just gotten picked up for a third season: link

Like I said, I dont watch a lot of TV... its the Best Show on Television in my universe, though.

teedubya 07-18-2005 06:21 PM

Remember when Jeremy Piven was bald?

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2005 06:35 PM

The Indie director is supposed to be P.T. Anderson (Boogie Nights) and Cameron is like Tim Burton (Wahlberg's first huge movie director - Planet of the Apes). All these stories are supposed to be based on Wahlberg's experiences in Hollywood, and everybody in town wants to guest on this show. I think next year's cameo's will be unreal.

Dane

Rausch 07-29-2005 02:02 AM

This thread needs bounced.

Before DC and Psi cross swards or something...

Taco John 07-29-2005 03:39 AM

I'm just wondering when Ali is going to change his name to "Entourage Chiefs"

Rausch 07-29-2005 03:47 AM

Quote:

It'd be pretty lame to try and pull off before we win the bowl, you know?...

homey 07-29-2005 07:16 AM

Anyone else noticed Larry Charles is getting involved with the writing this year? You can really tell.

ragedogg69 07-29-2005 08:25 AM

hbo ever do those catch up marathons that let you see it from the start? or is my best bet blockbuster?

BigRedChief 07-29-2005 08:39 AM

Okay I'll check this show out now. I'm already paying for HBO anyway.

BigRedChief 07-31-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Okay I'll check this show out now. I'm already paying for HBO anyway.

I watched 2 episodes and I was hooked. Watched every one that the on demand package had posted. This show rocks. Best show on HBO since the Sopranos. The cameos are hilarious. The Karate Kid and Pauly Shore letting Hugh Hefners monkeys out at the Playboy mansion? Bob Saget doing bong hits? Where can I get the season 1 DVD's?:hmmm:

Miles 07-31-2005 11:54 PM

Quote:

I watched 2 episodes and I was hooked. Watched every one that the on demand package had posted. This show rocks. Best show on HBO since the Sopranos. The cameos are hilarious. The Karate Kid and Pauly Shore letting Hugh Hefners monkeys out at the Playboy mansion? Bob Saget doing bong hits? Where can I get the season 1 DVD's?:hmmm:

You can probably rent them at blockbuster and they will definitly have them at the online rental places. IMO Season 1 was pretty solid but I didnt find it nearly as funny as season 2 has been.

Michael Michigan 08-01-2005 12:01 AM

Quote:

Yes--season one is on DVD.

Good stuff.

http://store.hbo.com/sm-season-dvd--pi-1993283.html

Michael Michigan 08-01-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs

Bob Saget was on last week, and I was freaking rolling... He was Vinces next door neighbor getting ****ing high all the time, ****ing hookers and shit. Good times.

Drama--did you just get cock blocked by Bob Saget?

Miles 08-01-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Drama--did you just get cock blocked by Bob Saget?

Dont tell turtle, but i knew those girls were pros.

Michael Michigan 08-01-2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
Dont tell turtle, but i knew those girls were pros.

Don't tell drama, but I knew those girls were hookers...

Miles 08-01-2005 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Michigan
Don't tell drama, but I knew those girls were hookers...

VICTORY!!

Fishpicker 08-01-2005 12:22 AM

one of my favorite shows too. ComiCon was hillarious as per usual

teedubya 08-01-2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

heh.

I thought about Ari Chi3fs.

This episode was golden! Drama is gonna hook up with that Viking Chick... Ari pulls off the U2 tickets... they go to Comic Con... funny shit, the Pussy Patrol or whatever triple team that dude to get Vince a good review. Unreal.

This show just keeps getting better.

teedubya 08-28-2005 08:33 PM

Oh man, Ari got fired. That old ****er sucks... his daughter, Sloan that E is banging is unreal.

Mandy hosed Vince... you dirty bitch!! heh

This should be interesting to see how this unfolds... only a couple more episodes, it is gonna be a crazy cliffhanger I bet.

Great show

teedubya 05-26-2006 01:52 PM

Alright... the new season begins on June 11th!

Just a couple more weeks until TV's best show returns... although, I do like LOST now... Hrmm. Which is better, Im torn.

KCChiefsMan 05-26-2006 01:54 PM

sweeeeet!! I love this show! can't wait for season 3

KcMizzou 05-26-2006 01:58 PM

I've never seen this, but I'll check it out. I think Piven's one of the most underrated actors around.

KCChiefsMan 05-26-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I've never seen this, but I'll check it out. I think Piven's one of the most underrated actors around.

yes he definately is, I wish I could talk to people how he does in that show

chagrin 05-26-2006 02:01 PM

Is Debby Mazar ever nude in that?

keg in kc 05-26-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Oh dude. Too bad you didn't check in sooner, you could've caught the first season on HBO on demand a month ago.

And no, Debi Mazar hasn't been naked.

CoMoChief 05-26-2006 02:54 PM

Yeah I have HBO on demand and they have the entire 1st and 2nd season on there. Me and my roomates watch it all the time. Great show, Ari is the best as is DRAMA BABY!!!

teedubya 06-11-2006 09:46 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...id=58187&stc=1

carlos3652 06-11-2006 09:51 AM

I cant wait for this... One of the best shows on HBO, second only to The Sopranos...

Rausch 06-11-2006 09:53 AM

New 4400 and now this.

No planet time 'till cock-a-doodle dark...

beavis 06-11-2006 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652
I cant wait for this... One of the best shows on HBO, second only to The Sopranos...

As far as entertainment value, it's passed up the Soprano's for me, given how bad season 6 sucked. But it's like comparing apples and oranges, not much in common between the two shows.

SPchief 06-11-2006 09:54 AM

I moved and no longer have HBO

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to watch season 3

teedubya 06-11-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
I moved and no longer have HBO

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to watch season 3

www.isohunt.com
www.bitcomet.com

you are welcome.

just hope you have broadband.

OnTheWarpath15 06-11-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
As far as entertainment value, it's passed up the Soprano's for me

Me too. I leave for my honeymoon next Sunday, and the soon-to-be Mrs. OnTheWarpath58 has only seen a couple of episodes. Went and bought the first two seasons to catch her up on the flights.

I think I'll wait until we're married before I say "let's hug it out, bitch."

beavis 06-11-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
I think I'll wait until we're married before I say "let's hug it out, bitch."

Got MILF? ROFL

Drama is stupid funny, but Ari is one of the smartest characters I've ever seen. He's like an insult machine, and they're all funny.

teedubya 06-11-2006 02:26 PM

Alright, Im ready to be ARI Chi3fs... where is a mod?

KCChiefsMan 06-11-2006 03:56 PM

I'm pumped! this is the only show in a long time that I've gotten excited about the new season

teedubya 06-11-2006 08:22 PM

woo hoo

teedubya 06-11-2006 08:40 PM

decent first episode back... ditching the ho's for the MILFs. heh.

Brings joy back to Sundays for the next 19 weeks, which will flow nicely into NFL sunday. so from now on, Sundays kick ass.. Until Feb!

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2006 09:01 PM

19? I think it's 12 weeks now, then 8 more starting in January (to go with the final 8 of the Sopranos). Either way, the show rocks.

Moooo 06-11-2006 09:26 PM

Okay, so I looked on my OnDemand to find I have episode 9-22 on there. Should I bother watching the new one, or just start going through them?

Moooo

teedubya 06-11-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
19? I think it's 12 weeks now, then 8 more starting in January (to go with the final 8 of the Sopranos). Either way, the show rocks.

well you are the Hollywood insider, I will bow to your wisdom in this regard... definitely glad this bitch is back on the air.

teedubya 06-11-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
Okay, so I looked on my OnDemand to find I have episode 9-22 on there. Should I bother watching the new one, or just start going through them?

Moooo

i would still watch the new one, but catch up on the old ones...

DaneMcCloud 06-12-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hali Chi3fs
well you are the Hollywood insider, I will bow to your wisdom in this regard... definitely glad this bitch is back on the air.

When HBO originally announced 20 episodes for this season, I figured they'd run them consecutively. But it seems that they're running 12 now, then 8 more starting in January to go along with Curb & The Sopranos final season. It keeps the show in people's minds that way, instead of waiting a year for new episodes.

This season started off like the others. Hints of things to come...

keg in kc 06-12-2006 12:20 AM

great night

Tribal Warfare 06-18-2006 08:31 PM

116 million bitches

beavis 06-18-2006 08:34 PM

What the **** are you sitting on Floyd? ROFL

Tribal Warfare 06-18-2006 11:27 PM

Ari- "On the biggest day of the fuckin year I have to sit here, and I can't get on the phone! I should be gettin a blow job here for all the shit, I've done to maintain her lifestyle! fuck it I'm calling Vince"

teedubya 06-19-2006 06:05 PM

$116 Million opening, bigger than Spiderman... woo hoo...

I thought some crazy shit was gonna go down, like busted at the party drinking with underage kids, or whatever, but that really was a cool episode.

Good times. 3 cheers for TIVO.

KCFANinNC 06-19-2006 07:49 PM

I thought for sure Vince was gonna slip off the roof.

Ari tossed in the pool was classic.

CoMoChief 06-19-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFANinNC
I thought for sure Vince was gonna slip off the roof.

Ari tossed in the pool was classic.

Yeah I thought Vince was gonna try and jump into the pool from the roof because he was wasted.

"Hey Kong get us some beer" LOL

CoMoChief 06-19-2006 07:56 PM

Ari - Jesus Christ...LLOOOOOOYD!!!

Lloyd - Yes Ari?

Ari - What is this?

Lloyd - Your finger

Ari - Its dust Lloyd, its ****ing dust what is it doing here?

beavis 06-19-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
Ari - Jesus Christ...LLOOOOOOYD!!!

Lloyd - Yes Ari?

Ari - What is this?

Lloyd - Your finger

Ari - Its dust Lloyd, its ****ing dust what is it doing here?

Ari's old assistant was much hotter than Lloyd.

KcMizzou 06-19-2006 08:14 PM

I finally saw season one, and I've become a big fan. Great show. Thanks for the heads-up.

Now to find season 2... Are they still showing them on HBO "In-Demand"? Because I'll have that within a month.

CoMoChief 06-19-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

I finally saw season one, and I've become a big fan. Great show. Thanks for the heads-up.

Now to find season 2... Are they still showing them on HBO "In-Demand"? Because I'll have that within a month.

They still have the 2nd half of season 2 on demand followed by the new season 3 episodes

looks like youll have to rent the 2nd season to see all of it

KcMizzou 06-19-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
They still have the 2nd half of season 2 on demand followed by the new season 3 episodes

looks like youll have to rent the 2nd season to see all of it

Eh, no biggie. I'd rather see them in order anyway. I'll probably just buy season 2 before long.

BigRedChief 06-19-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs
$116 Million opening, bigger than Spiderman... woo hoo...

I thought some crazy shit was gonna go down, like busted at the party drinking with underage kids, or whatever, but that really was a cool episode.

Good times. 3 cheers for TIVO.

Yeah the show is in top form so far. :clap:

I thought he was going to get in trouble for the under age drinking also and jump off the roof.

Giving the masarati to the two geeks. Priceless.

greg63 06-19-2006 10:26 PM

Unfortunately I don't have any of those channels.

Baby Lee 06-20-2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
Ari's old assistant was much hotter than Lloyd.

Yeah, but she had a bad day. Then she took a sad song and turned it around.

cadmonkey 06-20-2006 06:06 AM

Entourage is a great show, but not the best on TV right now. Rescue Me takes that, Entourage is in the top 5 though.

Everytime I watch it I want to move my ass out to LA and leach off a friend! ROFL