ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, who the F punts on the opponent's 40 with 12 seconds left on 4th down? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264772)

jd1020 10-07-2012 05:10 PM

Too risky. You don't want to turn the ball over in that situation. Safer to punt the ball away. /Crennel

TEX 10-07-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 8988659)
I still cannot get over this. I can't think of a single time in modern football I've ever seen any team curl up into a ball and announce to the world what a bunch of gutless p*ssies they are...

Did even Herm ever pull this?

I could understand MAYBE on your own 40. But on their 40?

EXACTLY! From top to bottom, the Chiefs organization down to the players is in the worst shape that has ever been in. When your're GUTLESS, Y you do not improve!

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8989491)
EXACTLY! From top to bottom, the Chiefs organization down to the players is in the worst shape that has ever been in. When your're GUTLESS, Y you do not improve!

The main goal was to have no turnovers today, not to win. Casshole and company rewarded them with 4

TEX 10-07-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8989336)
This really sums up how futile and horrible the entire Romeo/Daboll/Cassel/Pioli experiment has worked out.

That call along with all the horrible time management and penalties falls squarely on the coaching staff.

CLEVELAND PART II, only WORSE because of Pioli and Cassel.

Smed1065 10-07-2012 05:35 PM

You might win, take no chances.

ThaVirus 10-07-2012 05:38 PM

Although gutless, I'd argue it was the right call.

At that point we were in a dogfight. If we kicked the field goal, we likely would have missed and given them the ball in our territory with 10 seconds and a timeout. One 12-15 yard pass gives them a chance to add 3 quick points before calling it a half.

If we throw it... well, that's not really an option apparently.

I will agree that you take that chance with good QB though.

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 8988687)
and Crennel's explanation:

"There's a chance for something to go wrong on every play"

Maybe we should just punt on first down then and not take chances.

Romeo coaches like Cassel plays -- Frightened like a little girl.

I would wager almost every other coach in the NFL would have at least tried another pass to get into field goal range. Who knows, 3 more points might have come in handy later... [/sarcasm]

RINGLEADER 10-07-2012 05:46 PM

The fact that Romeo thinks that it's "too risky" + Daboll having no confidence in Cassel + Cassel being more secure at the position then Excalibur was in that rock = Chiefs have ZERO chance to do anything this season.

Warrior5 10-07-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8988918)
and crennel's answers are dumber than Herms....

just a mish-mash of tautologies and non-sequitors...blended together by a loser

...and punctuated with a billion "you know"s.

Buehler445 10-07-2012 06:09 PM

:Lin: I almost puked when Colquitt came out.

Psyko Tek 10-07-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8989520)
Although gutless, I'd argue it was the right call.

At that point we were in a dogfight. If we kicked the field goal, we likely would have missed and given them the ball in our territory with 10 seconds and a timeout. One 12-15 yard pass gives them a chance to add 3 quick points before calling it a half.

If we throw it... well, that's not really an option apparently.

I will agree that you take that chance with good QB though.

what was the upside of the punt?
hope for a fumble?
should have let soucupp try

tk13 10-07-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8989264)
im not a Todd Haley fan or supporter but how the **** does this organization take 5000 steps backwards and downgrades to an even shitter coach

Todd Haley is 1000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Romeo and its not even close.

I just hate this franchise is going backwards

Welcome to being a Chiefs fan. Back when Vermeil was coach it was "We just need to have a couple losing years to get high draft picks and rebuild," and here we are with a half decade of complete failure we can't get out from. Then Herm was going to fix the defense, then Haley couldn't be any worse than Herm, then Palko couldn't be any worse than Cassel, now Quinn can't be any worse than Cassel. Next it will be (insert GM) can't be any worse than Pioli, so we'll hire DeCosta and he'll turn this into mutant Ravens west.

KevB 10-07-2012 07:31 PM

It was a simple decision. You try to run a quick out to get 8 yards. You complete it, you have the first down and you're now in FG range. If it's covered, throw it away. Even if you turn it over on downs, there's only time left for one play, and that's a hail mary. It was a terrible decision and just further solidifies that we are out-gunned at the HC position every week.

ThaVirus 10-07-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 8989887)
what was the upside of the punt?
hope for a fumble?
should have let soucupp try

No upside whatsoever. You just punt it away and concede the fact that you won't score anymore points; but neither will they.

You'd have kicked a 60 yard field goal with Ryan Succop? We hold our breaths when the guy boots a 38 yarder. A try from that far has a HUGE possibility of being block and returned for a TD or just flat out missing, putting them in great position to get off a field goal after a quick pass.

The only other option was a quick out route. Then again, the Ravens are an extremely experienced defense and definitely would have known that. They'd have been looking to jump any out route; combine that with Cassel's WR death staredown and molasses-dipped release and you're looking at a possible pick 6.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2012 07:32 PM

The man does not have an aggressive bone in his body.

I doubt he's seen his own dick in 10 years.