ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mike and Mike Talking about Geno going #1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271175)

Dave Lane 03-15-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9501412)
However, there's another way to look at it.

If the Bills come calling with a 1 and 2 this year, plus a 1 and 3 next year, look at what you've invested into the position now.

The 2 firsts, 2 2nds and a 3rd.

Now that's not exorbitant...but it's sure as hell a lot.

I'm not arguing that they should take Joekel over Smith, as you well know. I do think, however, that if a bidding war emerges, you have to think really really hard about the opportunity cost and what your true investment in Geno becomes at that point.

Well if they don't really like Geno I could take this haul. Anything else I wouldn't be excited.

KC_Lee 03-15-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

If the Bills come calling with a 1 and 2 this year, plus a 1 and 3 next year, look at what you've invested into the position now.

If the Bills offer that up KC would be foolish not to jump on that offer with both feet.

patteeu 03-15-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9501379)
Seems like there's alot of interest so hopefully this will end up in a bidding war. And if Geno goes #1 the #2 QB won't be far behind so maybe we can trade down twice. Then we'll be in the right spot to draft Tavon Austin and a developemental QB. Manuel or Bray. Bray tutoring behind Alex Smith for a couple years:hmmm:

I veto this plan.

DJ's left nut 03-15-2013 09:23 AM

Honestly, they should just go full Patriot to try to pull off what the 49ers are doing this year.

Trade down to 8. If you don't like the landscape, trade down to 16. If you still don't like it, trade out for all I care.

If you're not taking Geno Smith and you don't believe in someone like Richardson, let the draft come to you.

Unlike Pioli, who seemed to decide what positions he was going to take before the draft started, Reid/Dorsey have given the team the flexibility to look at the draft and just take it as it comes.

They could come out of the draft with Margus Hunt, Tyler Bray, the 3rd day picks and a shitload of 2014 pick and have as much potential talent on the roster as they would have had they gone with Geno or Floyd.

There are serious homerun swings they can take with this draft.

And part of that is because of the much derided Alex Smith trade. I give a ton of credit to Reid and Dorsey; they did a spectacular job of creating flexibility for the draft.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

I'm not arguing that they should take Joekel over Smith, as you well know. I do think, however, that if a bidding war emerges, you have to think really really hard about the opportunity cost and what your true investment in Geno becomes at that point.

I'd be fine with that. Like I said in the past.....they're going to have to weigh the value of Geno vs. the value of the trade that they're offered. If the Bills offered that.....then trade down....I'm fine with it.

ptlyon 03-15-2013 09:28 AM

Ok, just enough of all this ****ing nonsense of trading down.

No qb worthy of a #1, right? What they going to trade for, an OT? I'm no GM but even I know thats ****ing stupid.

Just ****ing stop now, please!

DJ's left nut 03-15-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9501456)
Ok, just enough of all this ****ing nonsense of trading down.

No qb worthy of a #1, right? What they going to trade for, an OT? I'm no GM but even I know thats ****ing stupid.

Just ****ing stop now, please!

Who said there's no QB worthy of a #1? Oh, that's right, extremely foolish people that are now backpeddling in a hurry.

There's going to be a trade down and it's going to be a decent one.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 09:33 AM

I would put it like this:

80% - Trade down
15% - OT
5% - QB

Mr_Tomahawk 03-15-2013 09:35 AM

So how soon do we know who we are trading down with...?

Or will we not find out till draft day?

KC_Lee 03-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9501470)

Correct me if I am wrong; anytime between now and the day of the draft.

DaKCMan AP 03-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9501470)

If it happens, it will happen prior to draft day. That's still over 4 weeks away, though.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 09:37 AM

FWIW......the Rams traded the #2 pick away on March 12th, 2012.

The Franchise 03-15-2013 09:39 AM

Look....I'm not going to sit here and believe 100% that it's going to happen. I've already said that it has a 1-5% probability of happening. But I'm getting sick and tired of people that sit here and try feed me this bullshit that it has absolutely zero chance of happening.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-15-2013 09:40 AM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ptlyon 03-15-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9501466)
Who said there's no QB worthy of a #1? Oh, that's right, extremely foolish people that are now backpeddling in a hurry.

There's going to be a trade down and it's going to be a decent one.

So if someone is worth it, why wouldn't we take them again?